Fox commentary... disgusting

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Simmo2
Club Player

Fox commentary... disgusting

I have turned it off.

Summed up by Jason Pig Dunstall saying the difference between St.Kilda of 09 when we went 19-0 and Port now was that Port have played all the hard teams and St.Kilda hadnt.

These morons arent serious?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fox commentary... disgusting

Wow, I'm not watching Fox Footy tonight, but it certainly sounds like Piggy has a similar view of our club as his old teammate Dermie. Or worse...

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Make no mistake. Russell hates our club. Enjoys us being down.

Do they still have the "no commentary" option for Fox Footy? If you know what's good for you, you should be choosing that instead of listening to the moronic inferno.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Simmo2 wrote:I have turned it off.

Summed up by Jason Pig Dunstall saying the difference between St.Kilda of 09 when we went 19-0 and Port now was that Port have played all the hard teams and St.Kilda hadnt.

These morons arent serious?
Actually said we won our first twelve, but hadn't beaten the top teams like Port had. Firstly, you corkhead, Dunstall, we won our first NINETEEN, which included every other top eight team, and Port has yet to beat Sydney. They are woeful and Dunstall's the one who's meant to be the "smart one"! Good grief, doesn't that say it all?

As for that idiot Russell, I had to laugh one day when the commentators had their descriptions put on the screen beneath them. Tony Shaw was described as 300 gamer and Premiership captain, Brereton's was five times premiership player. Dwayne's was "fox commentator", hilarious, but appropriate and accurate.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Simmo2
Club Player

All this on top of Dwayne Russell proclaiming Wingard is "one of the greats to wear the Port jumper".... surely you jest Dwayne

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

What about that other stooge, can't see beyond the SA border.

Nothing changes with Foxtel commentary no matter the changes within their callers.

It's all about brining bias into the game , heaven forbid they are there just to call a game.

It's almost like they're living vicariously through the winning side so they can relive their so called glory days.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

That's it, I'm done. Why bother when players get frees when it's obvious you miss the head. That's soul destroying. I hate football right now, it's full of cheats and bias. Yes we are bad, yes we have lots out, yes we are getting a belting but for gods sake just do you job AS A PROFESSIONAL. I would get the sack if I made this many mistakes.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Simmo2
Club Player

I am almost done with this game too. Stopped going to the footy since I realised we didnt get a dime from the Etihad deal anyway. Comp is stuffed and finally the masses are speaking with their feet. Looking forward to David Villa joining Melbourne City FC. Gonna give the A league my coin instead

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Simmo2 wrote:Looking forward to David Villa joining Melbourne City FC. Gonna give the A league my coin instead
Lame.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Simmo2 wrote:I am almost done with this game too. Stopped going to the footy since I realised we didnt get a dime from the Etihad deal anyway. Comp is stuffed and finally the masses are speaking with their feet. Looking forward to David Villa joining Melbourne City FC. Gonna give the A league my coin instead

Well thats very sad. Aussie rules is the greatest game in the world. Soccer a ho hum game IMO but obviously not most of the rest of the world. Yep and its great that they have a guy for a few weeks. Pity if they make the finals he will be in the USA. yep thats a great game.

Junior
Club Player

The thing that annoys me about Dwayne is that when we are down he sticks the boots in and when we were up he barracked for the under dog.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Simmo2 wrote:I am almost done with this game too. Stopped going to the footy since I realised we didnt get a dime from the Etihad deal anyway. Comp is stuffed and finally the masses are speaking with their feet. Looking forward to David Villa joining Melbourne City FC. Gonna give the A league my coin instead
Theatregoer?
Surprised you lasted this long!

Simmo2
Club Player

Untainted draw... only way a sport can be fair. Its a good sport.

Till this game goes 2 matches against every team.. home and away, with a mid-week cup throughout the year so smaller teams have skin in the game all year... its going nowhere quick.

Melbourne, Saints, Bulldogs, Kangaroos.... whats the point of following as a supporter if the league is geared to Sydney, GWS and Gold Coast winning as much as possible to "grow" the game

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

whiskers3614 wrote:
Theatregoer?
Surprised you lasted this long!

Agreed, was there when we had a chance at the flag, wont give up on my Saints now.

f****** FQF.

Doesn't that mean anything anymore?

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Simmo2 wrote:Untainted draw... only way a sport can be fair. Its a good sport.

Till this game goes 2 matches against every team.. home and away, with a mid-week cup throughout the year so smaller teams have skin in the game all year... its going nowhere quick.

Melbourne, Saints, Bulldogs, Kangaroos.... whats the point of following as a supporter if the league is geared to Sydney, GWS and Gold Coast winning as much as possible to "grow" the game

Yep because they are going to play 34 games. Seriously why is the 2 games so important now but it wasnt when we made the GF. You sound like a poor loser if that is an issue.

Simmo2
Club Player

Its bigger than St.Kilda... its the game that has lost touch with the public. Got nothing to do with the club

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Was that Simmo2 before the match, hanging out at the Mr. Whippy truck before the game? Soft as ice cream, son.

Simmo2
Club Player

They could easily play 34 games plugger. Expand the size of the lists. We'd see younger players, a broader spread of talent and more tactics in terms of looking after lists.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The A League plays 27 games. I assume that's 3 times against every team. Home and away and ????

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:What about that other stooge, can't see beyond the SA border.

Nothing changes with Foxtel commentary no matter the changes within their callers.

It's all about brining bias into the game , heaven forbid they are there just to call a game.

It's almost like they're living vicariously through the winning side so they can relive their so called glory days.
I take it you are referring to that buffoon, Ricciuto? A protected species in the capital of mass murderers and sex offenders. Well known he has escaped prosecution several times for assault. Also most famous for his "initiation" of new crow's players. He'd take them on a "fishing" trip on the Murray and offer them some funny, coloured pills from his tackle box. Allegedly nearly got Simon Goodwin killed from the supply of drugs. Another fine, upstanding member of the football fraternity, as well as being an inarticulate knucklehead of the highest order.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Simmo2
Club Player

This site is fkd. Why cant someone have an opinion without being hounded?

God_Nel
Club Player

Jesus, I was hesitant to watch the reply of Wingard's mark and it was just as bad as I thought it would be; Dwayne absolutely creamed his pants. It was a beauty of a mark but ffs Dwayne the sycophant basically ruins everything he touches.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Simmo2 wrote:This site is fkd. Why cant someone have an opinion without being hounded?
Settle pettle. You divert the real issue that we are rubbish and in full rebuild mode and start a thread on useless commentators. Who cares? How's it effecting us as a team? If we were a good side you wouldn't care as much.

We all get upset when we are reminded of the only 4 years ago bounce of the ball etc. It's only natural. It's tough supporting us this year and will be tougher next year.

Expect pain, fury and fighting in this forum for a while yet. It's our vent.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Simmo2 wrote:All this on top of Dwayne Russell proclaiming Wingard is "one of the greats to wear the Port jumper".... surely you jest Dwayne
They also proclaimed him to be the greatest player in the game today.....ffs

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.