How did Port recover so quickly?

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

How did Port recover so quickly?

I've merged the two Port threads, partly to see how merged threads work. Partly because two Port threads is at least one too many.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Port need to win the GF this year

kosifantutti wrote:I've merged the two Port threads, partly to see how merged threads work. Partly because two Port threads is at least one too many.
Agree, but it would be better with my original thread title because it was meant to be a discussion about how Port improved and what we need to do to match it. The other thread was just a discussion of Port's prospects and maybe should have been in the Opp forum.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: How did Port recover so quickly?

Thanks.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:I've merged the two Port threads, partly to see how merged threads work. Partly because two Port threads is at least one too many.
Agree, but it would be better with my original thread title because it was meant to be a discussion about how Port improved and what we need to do to match it. The other thread was just a discussion of Port's prospects and maybe should have been in the Opp forum.
Point taken, I think I've fixed it now.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
Point taken, I think I've fixed it now.
Can we please leave the bloody threads the way they were and put them back!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Whilst both discussions included Port they were different topics. Please don't become the Nazi moderators and try and dictate how we should discuss things which I've already noticed is starting to happen.

<MODERATORS HAVE FOUND THAT - the use of the term Nazi in this context is not culturally offensive in that it gained enough cultural acceptance with the Seinfeld Soup Nazi episode where it simply meant being over officious>

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Whilst both discussions included Port they were different topics. Please don't become the Nazi moderators and try and dictate how we should discuss things which I've already noticed is starting to happen.
Settle… neither should probably be in this forum mate, so Nazi would be to put both in the Opp forum…

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Settle… neither should probably be in this forum mate, so Nazi would be to put both in the Opp forum…
Mate I don't know what you are on about but the thread I started had everything to do with the Saints and I want it back in this fan forum in it's original form.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
I'm aware they were different topics and as Perfectionist pointed out, one was about how we can emulate Port.

Rightly or wrongly, we have a forum specifically for discussing the opposition. Part of the role of the moderators is to keep each forum as a whole on topic.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
I'm aware they were different topics and as Perfectionist pointed out, one was about how we can emulate Port.

Rightly or wrongly, we have a forum specifically for discussing the opposition. Part of the role of the moderators is to keep each forum as a whole on topic.
What the f****** hell are you on about, did you even read the f****** thing, The thread I started was about how I don't think we have a flying rats arse chance of winning a flag in the next 10 or so years and that it would be good if our rebuild took a little longer while the franchise teams peaked.

<MODERATORS HAVE FOUND THAT The content of Cairnsman's post IS overly aggressive and borderline abusive to the moderator, but mostly it seems to be abusing the moderation system, HOWEVER given that this is borderline, we shall overlook it this time. aS A REMINDER TO ALL ... The moderators do have the right to merge threads that double or triple up on the same topic - even if opinions or approaches are different e.g. Clint Jones can't kick thread could be merged with a Clint Jones can't handball thread>

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

What the f****** hell are you on about, did you even read the f****** thing, The thread I started was about how I don't think we have a flying rats arse chance of winning a flag in the next 10 or so years and that it would be good if our rebuild took a little longer while the franchise teams peaked.
Apologies for not re reading your original post again. I looked at both threads today, both with a title about Port, both going down similar paths and neither with much mention of the Saints as the threads developed regardless of how they had started.