Suggestion Box

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: Suggestion Box

Legendary wrote:This is a serious suggestion and motivated by nothing except my observations.

Maintain the ban on plugger66. The quality of discussion and significant reduction in abuse since he was banned is no coincidence. Furthermore, it was around the time that he originally started posting that the forum began to degenerate significantly in my opinion.

These events may be unrelated, and I do not intend this to be a slight on plugger66,I have no idea who he is personally, but for whatever reason much of the personal abuse and controversy seems to be worse when he is involved.

.....perhaps subject him to a post limit of 5 per day (if possible). His enormous post count in a short space of time has dominated the forum and I believe has been a big factor in turning away a silent majority of former posters.

Please do not use this thread to discuss his merits as a poster. I am merely making an observation.....
Usually agree with your posts, but I would not maintain the ban on P66. I know you're on about his discussion style as well as count - but is P66 the only one with a massive post count who swamps these boards with posts ?

This is motivated by my observations, not that I come on here all the time.
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Sat 10 May 2014 2:50pm, edited 2 times in total.

No Contract, No Contact :shock:
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:Thanks for all the changes. Apart from the basic improvements in functionality, it's great to know that changes and updates can and are being implemented - even the small things like tapatalk will make a massive difference.

As for the altered styles, would you consider throwing out to the forum users (some of whom have shown great skill in the past re graphic design/photoshop etc.) the chance to design a funkier look for the site?

The changes to the styles are good, but why not go the whole way and drop in a saints themed background image (such as that currently used on the Saints website - see it standalone here).
http://www.saints.com.au/staticfile/AFL ... -image.jpg

Not too hard to do if someone else comes up with the image (just a change of the background).

We could have a competition for the best image - and users could vote for a background - would be a good way to get people involved.
Sounds great - will find out if it is workable on phpBB and if it is then we can open a competition with design specs ...

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Legendary wrote:This is a serious suggestion and motivated by nothing except my observations.

Maintain the ban on plugger66. The quality of discussion and significant reduction in abuse since he was banned is no coincidence. Furthermore, it was around the time that he originally started posting that the forum began to degenerate significantly in my opinion.

These events may be unrelated, and I do not intend this to be a slight on plugger66......reason much of the personal abuse and controversy seems to be worse when he is involved.

.....perhaps subject him to a post limit of 5 per day (if possible). His enormous post count in a short space of time has dominated the forum and I believe has been a big factor in turning away a silent majority of former posters.

Please do not use this thread to discuss his merits as a poster. I am merely making an observation.....
Usually agree with your posts, but I would not maintain the ban on P66. I know you're on about his discussion style as well as count - but is P66 the only one with a massive post count who swamps these boards with posts ?

Plugger66 will be allowed back on after his ban. And he will be welcomed back. It is hoped he stays within forum rules and doesn't get warned or banned again. Some of his posts about footy are actually brilliant reading. Real quality.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Just keeping tabs on usage:

At 1.54pm:

In total there are 68 users online :: 17 registered, 4 hidden and 47 guests

With 126 unique registered members having logged in the almost 14 hours since midnight.

Excludes members who have not logged on and pure readers / lurkers.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

2.38 check up on usage of site:

In total there are 63 users online :: 15 registered, 6 hidden and 42 guests

154 unique registered members have logged in since midnight.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

4.30pm check up:

In total there are 86 users online :: 20 registered, 7 hidden and 59 guests

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

A few minutes later at 4.42:
In total there are 82 users online :: 26 registered, 6 hidden and 50 guests

Nice to see some of the readers logging on!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

BackFromUSA wrote:Just keeping tabs on usage:

At 1.54pm:

In total there are 68 users online :: 17 registered, 4 hidden and 47 guests

With 126 unique registered members having logged in the almost 14 hours since midnight.

Excludes members who have not logged on and pure readers / lurkers.
What's a unique member, and how do I get one?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Buckets
SS Life Member

My suggestions

- Card system for Moderation, similar to BigFooty and to be placed under username if someone is on a warning. Cards last 1 week then are automatically wiped.

- A like system. Gives the posters the chance to easily like a comment without the need to post +1

- More mods, BFUSA has been pulling the slack for me lately, have been busy, can't properly operate with only 2 Mods.

- Ability to get people registered.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:My suggestions

- Card system for Moderation, similar to BigFooty and to be placed under username if someone is on a warning. Cards last 1 week then are automatically wiped.

- A like system. Gives the posters the chance to easily like a comment without the need to post +1

- More mods, BFUSA has been pulling the slack for me lately, have been busy, can't properly operate with only 2 Mods.

Agree. We need all of the above.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Agree. We need all of the above.
Especially the last one.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Card system - will investigate.

Like system on phpBB seems limited to threads and not available for posts!

Yes we need more mods!!! 2 more. Updating rules to give mods more protection from abuse - then will call our for moderators.

People can register now.

:-)

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

8.42pm

In total there are 49 users online :: 13 registered, 11 hidden and 25 guests

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

11pm ...

In total there are 60 users online :: 16 registered, 7 hidden and 37 guests

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

211 members signed in today ... many read without signing in ... and there are also non members that read

At 11.58pm:

In total there are 57 users online :: 11 registered, 6 hidden and 40 guests

CONCLUSION: despite reports that Saintsational is dying, it is alive and very well with very good and consistent traffic and usage over Friday and Saturday with 30 - 70 online at a variety of different times and 200+ per day actual members signing in per day ... and these two days were really slow Saints news days ...

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:What's a unique member, and how do I get one?
Stick a safety pin through it.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Paint it in Saints colours.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

These events may be unrelated, and I do not intend this to be a slight on plugger66......reason much of the personal abuse and controversy seems to be worse when he is involved.

Plugger66 will be allowed back on after his ban. And he will be welcomed back. It is hoped he stays within forum rules and doesn't get warned or banned again. Some of his posts about footy are actually brilliant reading. Real quality.
Exactly agree completely. I often disagree with him and he seems teh anti-christ at times but clearly has a solid footy brain and love a bit of argy bargy with him.

As long as we aren't baiting, we can still have a bit of fun and take the piss out of each other can't we?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

As long as it isn't baiting. Although post with care because it is a fine line and some people read things in different ways.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

test

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers
As long as we aren't baiting, we can still have a bit of fun and take the piss out of each other can't we?
should that be only if the posters involved wish to be taken the p!55-- if it's not therir style then wouldn't it be baiting?
if it's being done to every other poster whether they engage or not then that would be trolling would it not?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:saintspremiers
should that be only if the posters involved wish to be taken the p!55-- if it's not therir style then wouldn't it be baiting?
if it's being done to every other poster whether they engage or not then that would be trolling would it not?
I see your point and it can be tricky. I just hope this new strict moderation doesn't take all the fun out of the forum.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Testing

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Test 1 was posted from fan forum.

Test 2 posted from admin forum.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Test 1 was posted from fan forum.

Test 2 posted from admin forum.
Test 3 posted from GrumpyOne