Changes vs Hawthorn

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes vs Hawthorn

gringo wrote:
joffaboy wrote:out Eli, Ross, Gwilt

In: Weller, Schneider, Fisher

Why Gwilt he's been very good for the last couple of games?
Nothing against him however Webster, Dempster and Bruce have done enough to stay in. Delaney is required and Fisher IMHO is a must in if fit.

Love it when Jimmy plays well, his long penetrating kicks were terrific against the Bombers, but his turnovers in the last game cost a plety.

Ross is really not set for a Hawthorn type. Sounds like Weller is kicking the door down and Schneider is a no brainer

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gwilt needs to improve his defensive efforts..... His intensity without the footy might be a start.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

In: Schneider Weller
Out: Templeton, Someone injured

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't look like Fisher played at Sandy today. Does anyone know why?

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Doesn't look like Fisher played at Sandy today. Does anyone know why?
If he couldn't play on Friday, why would you think he'd play today.
He didn't play Friday because he was sore after the flight, which was on Tuesday. We flew back yesterday! How do you think he feels today?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Ross is really not set for a Hawthorn type. Sounds like Weller is kicking the door down and Schneider is a no brainer
Playing the young guys, like Ross shouldn't revolve around who the opposition is. We will get beaten by Hawthorn whether Ross plays or not. It's about developing the youngsters (including Ross) as best and as quickly as possible. I think playing him against the likes of Mitchell, Hodge etc would be invaluable experience.

In terms of INs/Outs...

IN: Schneider, Markworth
Out: Savage, Saunders

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave either or both of Dunstan and Billings a rest. Dunstan in particular has taken on a big workload in a short period of time.

I also think Delaney's place in the side isn't that secure. He competes well, but he gives us nothing when we have the ball, plus Simpkin has been good all year.

Fisher, in my opinion, needs more game time in the VFL. So does Acres.

saintbob
SS Life Member

OUT: Jones, Templeton and Saunders

In: Schnieder, Weller and Fisher

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I forgot about fisher....
and acres and roberton also knocking on the door.....

Templeton and anyone with a niggle out

in schneider acres weller robbo fisher

we have some real depth..... not sure how many chances savage gets?
Maybe saunders needs a rest too.
maybe even cj needs a rest .

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
8856brother wrote:Doesn't look like Fisher played at Sandy today. Does anyone know why?
He didn't play Friday because he was sore after the flight, which was on Tuesday. We flew back yesterday! How do you think he feels today?
Thanks for answering my question. Apologise I'm not in the loop. Hope the pills are helping. :roll:

8856brother wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Thanks for answering my question. Apologise I'm not in the loop. Hope the pills are helping. :roll:
Seems like they made a mistake flying him to NZ. Was he 1st or 2nd emergency?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
noob
Club Player

I'd give Acres a go considering all the other young kids got a go. If not maybe the following game against carlton.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

How does Weller get in when he's a rookie?

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
PJ
SS Life Member

Acres may just get a go if it's outside run and footy smarts we are after.

The thing going against Mav getting an elevation is the amount of inside mids we currently have - Armo, Lenny, Dunstan, Curren, Jones, Steven & Ross.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Playing the young guys, like Ross shouldn't revolve around who the opposition is. We will get beaten by Hawthorn whether Ross plays or not. It's about developing the youngsters (including Ross) as best and as quickly as possible. I think playing him against the likes of Mitchell, Hodge etc would be invaluable experience.

In terms of INs/Outs...

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave either or both of Dunstan and Billings a rest. Dunstan in particular has taken on a big workload in a short period of time.

I also think Delaney's place in the side isn't that secure. He competes well, but he gives us nothing when we have the ball, plus Simpkin has been good all year.

Dont understand this. First you want to develop the kids, but then you want to drop Saunders?????

Anyway what is Weller if he is not a kid? Do we develop kids who aren't up to it and therefore we dont develop kids with the potential to make it?

Not saying Ross wont and Weller will but ATM I dont think Ross is up to it, and Weller is beating the door down as a hard inside mid.

As for Delaney, you must be watching a different STKFC go around. Last year all the opposition had to do was kick it high into our 50 for the Key Forward to take a mark. Not one team has had their key forward kick a bag this year because Delaney is doing the job.

He is doing a sterling job

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:

How does Weller get in when he's a rookie?
Predicated on Weller being elevated to the senior list

Lance or James??

maverick
Saintsational Legend

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

In terms of INs/Outs...

So Eli plays with a broken arm?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Out Eli, Saunders & Gwilt
In Weller, Schneider & Fisher

spert
Saintsational Legend

I think Gwilt and Saunders could go for Dunnnell and Simpkin, and Eli is out so maybe a wildcard in.

Furphy
Club Player

Out: Templeton, Ross, Saunders
In: Baldock, Harvey, Ian Stewart (I wish)

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Instead of resting Saunders, I'd like to see him play his normal running game - i.e., he could stop being a tagger/tackling machine/battering ram for a week or two, and start gathering 20 plus possessions, forward of the centre. That's almost like a rest, anyway. I love his pace/line breaking ability.

I think Acres is ready for his debut - on the wing or halfback. Maybe try him as a third tall forward?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

TDL right in the mix.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:TDL right in the mix.
I take it you are going off the saints.com article?

Who would he come in for (assuming Schnieder for Eli)? If he came in for an injury-free Billings I'd just about vomit :|

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Haven't read the website. I take it from training, squads and groups at training and " silent whispers "!!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Haven't read the website. I take it from training, squads and groups at training and " silent whispers "!!
Well its in line with the 'In the mix: Round 7' article on the Saints website. Looks like you may be right. :(

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-2 ... ix-round-7

FQF
SS Life Member

Not sure there's any reason to believe TDL will have any more of an impact this time compared to previous attempts. He always plays well in the VFL and it's never translated. Unless people in the know can tell us of some other objective areas of his game that have improved?

Would love to see Acres and Markworth - those two excite me the most.