Geez Hawthorn look good.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Geez Hawthorn look good.

Hope we dont play them soon.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Re: Geez Hawthorn look good.

Agree

I was wondering what a good result for us would be .

I think if we get done by 5 goals it will be a good result .
If we can pressure them for 4 quarters and keep them to less than 25 scoring shots i'd be very happy .
Saying that , we will have to be accurate ourselves to maintain some scoreboard pressure .

But i think the way we turn the ball over is going to hurt us .
lucky for us they only have a six day break .

In red white and black from 73
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Not if you dont watch them. :D

Richmond have been pathetic, so tentative and nervous, no desire to take the game on. Played into their hands.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

grasping at straws time....Hawks have consecutive 6 day breaks and we have an 8 day break :oops:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Richmond have been pathetic, so tentative and nervous, no desire to take the game on. Played into their hands.
Back to the Richmond of old, i wonder if Dimma is getting nervous. :lol:

Dilemma, should i go to the "G" next Saturday or should i just watch it on the TV, it'll be a football lesson for our players.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
FQF wrote:Richmond have been pathetic, so tentative and nervous, no desire to take the game on. Played into their hands.

Dilemma, should i go to the "G" next Saturday or should i just watch it on the TV, it'll be a football lesson for our players.
Yes it will be, but there are good lessons and the one Richmond got today.

I felt we went OK we WCE over there. If we put up that performance and go down by for goals well I will not be unhappy.

If they play like the first half on Friday night, we will be down by 10 goals at half time.

Dont expect too much, and look for a result, maybe not a win but a result

Lance or James??

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Fantastic team. They beat Essendon by 4 points.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

And golly Geelong looked good last week

Is gibson gone? Or as Roo said as he was justifying his positoning, he will probably line up on him next week, then he gave Ben votes for afl live radio coverage

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:grasping at straws time....Hawks have consecutive 6 day breaks and we have an 8 day break :oops:
You've convinced me :D

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Richmond are absolute bums. I didn't watch the game, but no doubt they made Hawthorn look even better than they are. I thought Richmond were going to be a top four contender. What a joke! They have been (hands down) the worst AFL club in the past 30 years.

People said we were going to get flogged by both WCE and Essendon. I can't see why we can't give Hawthorn a good run for its money.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Suggestions:
1. Drop CJ and Faz, bring in Weller and one other.
these 2 work their butts off, but ruin their hard work with turnovers, which we cannot afford against a team like the Dorks, who will take 1 handball and 2 kicks to get it to Rioli or Roughead, and "ping" another goal.
Two unknowns for us, will complicate the dork's game plan (they have budgeted for letting CJ & Faz run free)

2. Did I mention dropping CJ and Faz?

3. Work to team rules and "structures" (? have we employed civil engineers? maybe we need to build a bridge and get over it?)

4. Work like they did against WCE, hungry like a bunch of ants on a dropped doughnut.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Curran v Mitchell

In
Weller, Shenton .... Not sure what's the Fisher situation

Not sure why we can't reward 4 top performances in the two.... While we're at it... Have a look at these two mature age rookies

Otherwise what's the point with them

Out
Eli Templeton, Seb Ross, James Gwilt, and either one of Saunders or Savage

Bruce.... Delaney ..... Dempster

Shenton.... Fisher?.... Geary

Ray ...... Hayes...... Newnes

Montagna ...... Stanley......Jones

Schnieder ....... Riewoldt..... Billings

Hickey....... Curran..... Steven

Int
Webster ...... Weller...... Dunstan
Sub
Savage or

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Good thinking,
Curran kept the drug cheat Heppell to about 17 touches (the dopers were fatigued, anyway)

I would keep Jennifer Saunders, he is absolutely fabulous (wrong TV show?)
Savage has to go after the brain fade, that dissolved all the credits he got for those early desperate tackles :cry:

You can't be serious about Jones. Even the Giants and Demons had him cornered several times, he looked like a Jack Russell against a bunch of big dogs.

No place for him against a super-talented outfit like the Dorks, or the Cats, or anyone except a VFL side.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote: Is gibson gone?
Given it was high contact and high/medium impact he should at least get 2 but as he has a good track record whatever he gets will be downgraded

Obviously he would be a handy out for us that said I would prefer to test ourselves against a close to full strength Hawks outfit in good form

The 8 day break should work in our favour against them coming off two 6 day breaks

This game might be closer than we think ........ well ....here's hoping anyway!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

When do we play Port?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:

I will be there ...with some of the family....the whole bunch would go except we don't want to put too much money in the hawks kick.... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
howlinwolf
Club Player

I also fear a hiding.
Gibson may not play from all reports due to a charging incident on Conca. Anyone see it ?
I think we should give Tom lee a run and try and put some scoreline pressure on them.
Might be a big ask for Fisher to come in for his first game on the expanses of the G vs Hawks.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:grasping at straws time....Hawks have consecutive 6 day breaks and we have an 8 day break :oops:
That's significant. Shame though we returned from a 4 hour flight though, which negates some of that advantage.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I thought bringing in Fisher last week might have helped win the game against the Lions , but I can't see us beating Hawthorn. And as such would leave Fisher out for another week and get him cherry ripe. Schneider deserves to come back in on form and Saunders looks like he needs a rest . So for me it's Eli and Saunders out and Scneider and Weller in.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Out of CJ and TC, I wonder who is quicker? The quickest bloke might take Hill and the other can try and hold Mitchell.
Maybe Farren takes Hill or Isaac Smith and TC takes Mitchell. Geary or perhaps CJ on Cyril might be an option.

I wouldn't be changing the side too much and if Saunders and Billings and Dunstan have recovered well, I'd play them as it's a good opportunity for them all to learn. Not too sure who Delaney matches up on, so I wouldn't be disappointed if he is dropped for Chips

Hopefully another top 5 draft pick coming our way so not expecting too much against the top 4 sides.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Out of CJ and TC, I wonder who is quicker? The quickest bloke might take Hill and the other can try and hold Mitchell.
Maybe Farren takes Hill or Isaac Smith and TC takes Mitchell. Geary or perhaps CJ on Cyril might be an option.

I wouldn't be changing the side too much and if Saunders and Billings and Dunstan have recovered well, I'd play them as it's a good opportunity for them all to learn. Not too sure who Delaney matches up on, so I wouldn't be disappointed if he is dropped for Chips

Hopefully another top 5 draft pick coming our way so not expecting too much against the top 4 sides.
Bruce takes Gunston
Delaney takes Spudhead
Fisher takes Hale / McEvoy
Geary takes Breust
Webster takes Rioli
Curren takes Mitchell

Cant have Mitchell running riot across half back as he did against the Tigers today he needs to be administered a high dose of Curren

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

They'll be ripe for the picking. And we finally have had a decent rest.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
Scollop wrote:Out of CJ and TC, I wonder who is quicker? The quickest bloke might take Hill and the other can try and hold Mitchell.

Bruce takes Gunston
Delaney takes Spudhead
Fisher takes Hale / McEvoy
Geary takes Breust
Webster takes Rioli
Curren takes Mitchell

Cant have Mitchell running riot across half back as he did against the Tigers today he needs to be administered a high dose of Curren

I was thinking put Fisher on Hodge, so play Fisher forward. Keep Gwilt on Hale/McEvoy.
Someone good needs to go on Rioli. He is the one that will destroy us.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely, they looked great, however in the same breath Richmond looked very ordinary.
All I want this week is to look better than Richmond regardless of the margin.
Once again though, can we all just calm down about Maverick until he is actually elevated.
You might look like a bit of a goose picking him in your side if he is not eligible.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.