Garlett

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Garlett

whiskers3614 wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Spinner wrote:They are both risks w/ different rewards. That's what you don't understand.
Correct. If you take a risk and it doesn't come off that doesn't necessarily mean you were wrong to take the risk.

Here's a similar situation. You're playing poker and you've got a very strong hand, so strong that there's only one set of cards that can possibly beat you. The logical course of action is to bet a lot, because there's only a small chance you could lose. If you lose then that's bad luck but it doesn't mean you were wrong to play. It's called a "bad beat".

Same applies to Lovett. If it had come off we would have won a flag, hindsight makes that clear. We had absolutely everything to gain. In practice it didn't come off and we still got within a bee's dick of winning a premiership. That's hurting us now but that doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do at the time.
No,
Lovett was the poker equivalent of reraising with pocket 7s
on an Ace King Queen flop!
Like BM I called it lunacy from the outset, not after it turned bad!
So like BM, you are another hindsight hero. Just what we need. Offer yourself to the club as a recruiting consultant. Let me know how you go. Where"'s the post that you predicted AL would be a disaster? Happy to bow to your superior knowledge.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:So like BM, you are another hindsight hero. Just what we need. Offer yourself to the club as a recruiting consultant. Let me know how you go. Where"'s the post that you predicted AL would be a disaster? Happy to bow to your superior knowledge.
I remember specifically BM being very critical of the Lovett deal, before the rape accusation.

Thought he was lazy at training, didn't like the fact that he was convicted of domestic violence.

Through a recruiter or some such he knew, was Lovett was disliked by all of his teammates and he was a tosser.

Cant remember him predicting "disaster" but was very very critical at the time.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar,
I can't prove to you when I first bagged the Lovett decision as Saints Central is no longer.
I joined Saintsational well after Lovett stuffed up.
My argument has never been that I knew he wasn't a good player or that he would definitely get in strife,
more that a club which was relieved to relinquish Hall and Everitt on behaviour/character grounds should not be recruiting people of dubious character.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:White Winmar,
I can't prove to you when I first bagged the Lovett decision as Saints Central is no longer.
My argument has never been that I knew he wasn't a good player or that he would definitely get in strife,
more that a club which was relieved to relinquish Hall and Everitt on behaviour/character grounds should not be recruiting people of dubious character.
I didn't think you could. <Edited by Mod - Swearing and Baiting- Not needed at all. > . Neither of you have any credibility, for differing reasons.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
I didn't think you could. Bulls**t artist. Just like BM. At least you are able to spell and have reasonable grammar, unlike BM who allegedly is a secondary school teacher who can 't write or spell. Neither of you have any credibility, for differing reasons.
My only defence to your well reasoned argument is contained in 8856Brother's signature.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

And you give yourself credibility WW????

Or worse, make judgement on others credibility .....

Are you serious, fair dinkum...

Oh, and to satisfy the standards of grammar on a supporter forum .... Ill consider my posts, perhaps draft them, proof them, edit and then, only then, submit posts that are of the highest quality with respect to spelling and grammar?! In line with the rest of the bulls*** spewing from posters such as yourself

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Oh, and thanks JB.

Maybe my grammar was so bad ATT.... WW didn't comprehend ...... <Edited by Mod >

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I can spell Wanka. 8-) :wink:

Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Oh, and thanks JB.

Maybe my grammar was so bad ATT.... WW didn't comprehend ...... or I misspelled TOSSA!!
You claim to be a high school teacher and hint that you are now in administration, or possibly even a principal. My god, what sort of school would have you in a position of responsibility, let alone teaching students? You lack the most basic written skills, fail to adhere to even the most basic of rules governing privacy and confidentiality where students are concerned ( I note your inappropriate ramblings about Arran Siposs), and you argue at the level of a six year old. Look up ad hominem, which is your preferred method of attack when you are shown to be wrong. Sad really. I feel for any young person that has suffered under your peculiar brand of tutelage. That's if you are a teacher at all.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
I didn't think you could. Bulls**t artist. Just like BM. At least you are able to spell and have reasonable grammar, unlike BM who allegedly is a secondary school teacher who can 't write or spell. Neither of you have any credibility, for differing reasons.
My only defence to your well reasoned argument is contained in 8856Brother's signature.
Now onto you, my BS purveying opponent. As with most people with your sort of intellect, you revert to the old "ad hominem" attack when you are exposed as a liar, or you can't produce evidence to support your fanciful claims. The reference to another poster's signature is another classic case of exposing your flaws. In psychology, there is a well validated concept called transference. That is, we transfer onto others, the attributes we least like in ourselves. This is what you've clearly done in this case with 8856 Brother's signature. Well done. Whenever you're ready to provide objective evidence to support your argument, I'll be ready and waiting. All ears. I think I'll be waiting a long time. Apply your unreasoned, unsupported and ridiculous assertions to 8856Brother's signature. Sums your position up nicely,I would've thought.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:I can spell Wanka. 8-) :wink:
No you can't. I do hope you're being ironic. In any case, your statement shows you to be a liar, or an idiot. I suspect it's both.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

You're very feisty at the moment whitey... I think you need the footy to start :)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Oh, and thanks JB.

Maybe my grammar was so bad ATT.... WW didn't comprehend ...... or I misspelled TOSSA!!
Well have had plenty of disagreements with you over the course, especially Lovett v Cousins so I remember you specifically being highly critical before the rape allegations.

Obviously nobody could predict what he would do, but that is not what the issue is here.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Freebird
Club Player

Now you two can kiss and make up...maybe JB you can admit you were wrong re Howard

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:Now you two can kiss and make up...maybe JB you can admit you were wrong re Howard

Wrong about what?

That someone should give a player a go and not bag the s.hit out of them the minute after they are drafted.

Just stick to following BM about like a lovesick puppy and posting worthless inane, infantile and embarrassingly sȳcophantic idiocies for your idol.

Cabbage

Lance or James??

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

For the record , I never have been a fan of trading away our first round pick for a player. I can't really think of any instances where we have got it right. Lots we have got wrong.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Just had a browse at some of the Hawks fan sites and they seem far less hysterical about this than on here.
They think it will work out fine.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Just had a browse at some of the Hawks fan sites and they seem far less hysterical about this than on here.
They think it will work out fine.
Amazing how calm you become after a couple of flags in 6 years.
Buddy leaving.....who cares?
Garlett not coping.....she'll be right.

Could finish up a good player
not what we needed right at the moment

Buckets
SS Life Member

Keep it clean people please. No need for abuse or swearing. Keep the thread on topic.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

WW

That was very nasty.... And is more a reflection of your personality than anything else... Perhaps calm down

You are correct about a few things in your reply, and you are making some other stuff up?

The questions I have are these

This is just a fan forum right, or are folks being judged on intellect, spelling, grammar, profession?

I come on here for enjoyment purpose, to discuss a footy club... Do I have to act/communicate at a fan level or a professional level?

Are professionals not allowed to act/communicate socially in a different manner to how they work? .....We also have a drink, and god forbid some of us swear occasionally too.... But unlikely to do so in front of 'young people' or students....

As I commented
Never again (after this post anyway) will I post haphazardly ..... I will consider every comment carefully, and make sure it is inline with the standard set by the rest of the forum?!

Oh, and you're great a judging people... Problem with that is

WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE?

You certainly have a view on me? I certainly DO NOT give it much credit.... Your an anonymous

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Is it about the saints or you defending yourself all the time. If some of us posted just to defend ourselves we would have double the posts. Just take it and forget about it.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:WW

That was very nasty.... And is more a reflection of your personality than anything else... Perhaps calm down

You are correct about a few things in your reply, and you are making some other stuff up?

The questions I have are these

This is just a fan forum right, or are folks being judged on intellect, spelling, grammar, profession?

I come on here for enjoyment purpose, to discuss a footy club... Do I have to act/communicate at a fan level or a professional level?

Are professionals not allowed to act/communicate socially in a different manner to how they work? .....We also have a drink, and god forbid some of us swear occasionally too.... But unlikely to do so in front of 'young people' or students....

As I commented
Never again (after this post anyway) will I post haphazardly ..... I will consider every comment carefully, and make sure it is inline with the standard set by the rest of the forum?!

Oh, and you're great a judging people... Problem with that is

WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE?

You certainly have a view on me? I certainly DO NOT give it much credit.... Your an anonymous
I only judge you by what you write on here. Truth hurts, doesn't it? You whine about being judged, yet you judge others all the time. You also resort to personal abuse and name-calling. I once felt sorry for you because of the way other forumites attacked you. I now see their point. Finally, what does that last line mean? It proves my point about you in a much better way than I could ever articulate. I'm an anonymous what? Your should be spelled "you're", as in the contraction of you are. Are you sure YOU'RE a teacher, or do you just post when YOU'RE pissed? Looks as though you have, once again, posted "haphazardly" [sic]. Fell at the first hurdle, didn't you?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:You certainly have a view on me? I certainly DO NOT give it much credit.... Your an anonymous
Only one person's responsible for the view others have of you on here - that's you. You think people don't have it accurate, change how you interact with people. Same goes for plugger66 for that matter.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Who wants to meet up for a beer before the big game?

:D

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:You're very feisty at the moment whitey... I think you need the footy to start :)
Fair call, Dragit, but some people on here are very good at dishing it out and very poor at copping the reply.