FORUM BANS BEING ISSUED

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: FORUM BANS BEING ISSUED

Buckets wrote:It's not tit for tat or lagging or dobbing.

If you think a report is valid then press the button and the Mods will check it out.

that i intend to do...but then , isn't that tit for tat..???..of course it is....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I think it was mentioned previously that we need mods who have never really had a reputation as being argumentive or a bagger or a baiter. Well maybe you are going down the wrong track. Lets face it even a mod who has never had a bad word with someone else still has a preconceived idea about o poster. Maybehaving people who have baither or had strong arguments is the way to go. They would really know baiting, belittling etc. Afterall many ex drug addicts help other drug addicts get off drugs.
Anyone with a history of baiting, belittling, being aggressive and abusive would need to not be doing it any more and have been 'clean' for a while.

amen to that...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I think it was mentioned previously that we need mods who have never really had a reputation as being argumentive or a bagger or a baiter. Well maybe you are going down the wrong track. Lets face it even a mod who has never had a bad word with someone else still has a preconceived idea about o poster. Maybehaving people who have baither or had strong arguments is the way to go. They would really know baiting, belittling etc. Afterall many ex drug addicts help other drug addicts get off drugs.
Anyone with a history of baiting, belittling, being aggressive and abusive would need to not be doing it any more and have been 'clean' for a while.

Thats fine but they shouldnt be excluded if they now post differently. Just because you had a warning previously shouldnt matter as long as you learn from your errors. There are plenty here who could be a mod. Waiting for the perfect person may take a while and may not end up being the perfect person anyway.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Thats fine but they shouldnt be excluded if they now post differently. Just because you had a warning previously shouldnt matter as long as you learn from your errors. There are plenty here who could be a mod. Waiting for the perfect person may take a while and may not end up being the perfect person anyway.
Yep agree. Suppose a consensus that the poster was no longer doing it would be helpful.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Would never be a need for a Mod if people posted with class and respect. Just saying.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Would never be a need for a Mod if people posted with class and respect. Just saying.

True but even you, who comes across as very level headed, has got upset because of certain things said to you. Sometimes its impossible not to crack it.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Would never be a need for a Mod if people posted with class and respect. Just saying.

True but even you, who comes across as very level headed, has got upset because of certain things said to you. Sometimes its impossible not to crack it.
You farking twat! That's complete bulls***. I've never cracked it on here.

Agree that it's tricky to maintain reason when your buttons are pushed.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Quite so. Chicken and the egg I guess. Pun unintended.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

.02c worth
I dont have a problem with the mods
I definitely dont have a problem with the rules, in fact i dont think they are enforced enough
And if I did have a problem with the above, I most certainly wouldnt be hanging round this site whinging about it

Seeya
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i opposed your appointment as a mod because i didn't think you could be or would be impartial going on your history of posting......your 33 & 1/3 comment proved to me that i was entirely justified in my opposition.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:.02c worth
I dont have a problem with the mods
I definitely dont have a problem with the rules, in fact i dont think they are enforced enough
And if I did have a problem with the above, I most certainly wouldnt be hanging round this site whinging about it

good post...all valid comments ..imho.......a recent post by ctqs made me realise that a number of us were posting on this site or one of its earlier incarnations last century.....certainly going back to 1997.....as my first sign on was "em t".....which was how i felt after the crows loss... had to quit that one as spider girl and joffa burns amongst others, though i was female.........any way , i digress...... the point of my post was to point out that being a mod is a thankless and unrewarding job.......upset the forum bullies and they will come down on you with all sort of abuse.......have been doing it since the forum started........some of the keyboard warriors still post.... others, less frequently...thank god....

some mods could take it........but a number have quit over the years......some suddenly ...taking post counts and posters down in the process...other have quietly slipped away. to like their wounds.....whilst the odd one has quit in a blaze of profanity and abuse to everyone near and far......

.....would i want to moderate here..????..never in a million years.....and for the record...i have never abused a mod when said mod was just doing their job........may have taken issue with the subject of a post...but that is an entirely different matter.....

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

i opposed your appointment as a mod because i didn't think you could be or would be impartial going on your history of posting......your 33 & 1/3 comment proved to me that i was entirely justified in my opposition.....
Where is a fly swatter when you need one?

You got exactly the punishment that was handed out as if I was a Mod. The others were hard done by. Hence the 33% agreeance with the penalties. For the record, I couldn't care less that you opposed me being a Mod. It's the way you did it by making up stories and questioning my integrity that was totally without class and you burnt any bridge you had with me from that point on. I can take opposing points of view. Can't take liars.

Now buzz off.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
stinger wrote:

Where is a fly swatter when you need one?

You got exactly the punishment that was handed out as if I was a Mod. The others were hard done by. Hence the 33% agreeance with the penalties. For the record, I couldn't care less that you opposed me being a Mod. It's the way you did it by making up stories and questioning my integrity that was totally without class and you burnt any bridge you had with me from that point on. I can take opposing points of view. Can't take liars.

Now buzz off.
what...don't want to upset your mates....i still have all your pms...no lies told by me at all...you are the one telling porkies.....you couldn't be impartial to save your life....glad i have exposed you ......now you buzz off.... anyway...thought you had me on ignore....that another lie.......your integrity was on the line...and you failed.....if i wasn't going to get me banned again , i would reproduce them.(the pms))..but then ..i'm quite willing to pm them to any interested adjudicators , if you like....

for the record..if any impartial observers are reading this crap...go and have a look at the threads that got me banned....i was merely responding to two posters who continually harrass, troll, and try to bully me...i call them bullying haters.......and they are not the only two.....(.i'm sure posters can work out the other members of that pack)........a view shared by a couple of posters who have pm'd me with their support........anyway that's my last say on this issue and my last reply to you, mr 33
& 1/3

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

*groan* You still don't get the point do you? NO ONE cares about your squabbles!! Stop stalking my posts, stop trying to bait me, stop making up stories and just act your age for once. Now I know you won't be able to resist having the last word, so go for it. I shall not respond to your childishness any more. This place was so much nicer when you were on ban. Have a nice day.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I feel sorry for you Stinger. You seem to be the unlucky one. Its everyone elses fault as per usual. I reread those threads again and I still have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you should reread them to see that you are wrong on this topic. And surely showing PM to other people should be against some sort of rule. Its no one elses business. I would hope you dont send them to anyone else. That would be very poor by you.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:*groan* You still don't get the point do you? NO ONE cares about your squabbles!! Stop stalking my posts, stop trying to bait me, stop making up stories and just act your age for once. Now I know you won't be able to resist having the last word, so go for it. I shall not respond to your childishness any more. This place was so much nicer when you were on ban. Have a nice day.
i just had another look at those pm's you sent me back in november when a certain poster was posting personal details about me , including my name and positions i have held......you tipped me off.....you also said i should attempt to get that poster banned...........where's the lie...???....none from me.....i appreciated your help and advice.....i thought you were one of the good guys...but you threw your lot in with the haters....quite happy to forward them to a mutal friend for adjudicate whether i'm lying or not......i don't tell lies and i find it offensive for you to state otherwise....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: BANS BEING ISSUED

SENsaintsational wrote:A public show of strength by the moderation. Something had to be done. The descent into the gutter with the vile postings was totally at odds with what this forum is about.

I agree 33% totally with the bannings given. The length of time for the bile written is too lenient in my view.

....too lenient??????????....thought you said it was exactly what you would have given me......?????which one is it.....????????

"Where is a fly swatter when you need one?

You got exactly the punishment that was handed out as if I was a Mod. The others were hard done by.'

...i'm not stalking or baiting you....just want an honest answer seeing you are tying to trash me on this forum...and have done so for quite awhile now.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

that was november 2012...not 2013

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Popcorn and Animal enclosure PLEASE!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

whiskers3614 wrote:Popcorn and Animal enclosure PLEASE!
Nah.... Leave it here.

But keep the popcorn coming.... :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Don't find it the slightest bit entertaining. Pain in the arse having this crap on the forum. We'd be much better off without it.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:Don't find it the slightest bit entertaining. Pain in the arse having this crap on the forum. We'd be much better off without it.
Agreed. This is why we need more mods that are here more often - to either stop or move this stuff elsewhere.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Gents keep your comments civil. If you can not, then posts will be deleted.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
st.byron wrote:Don't find it the slightest bit entertaining. Pain in the arse having this crap on the forum. We'd be much better off without it.
Agreed. This is why we need more mods that are here more often - to either stop or move this stuff elsewhere.
Also agree and hopefully when BFUSA returns we can look at all of these types of issues. Things have stalled somewhat in his absence which is a problem in itself and also needs to be addressed as a priority IMO.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
Also agree and hopefully when BFUSA returns we can look at all of these types of issues. Things have stalled somewhat in his absence which is a problem in itself and also needs to be addressed as a priority IMO.
I think it's improved a lot recently. I guess as HTB said, we need a few more active mods so it's not all down to one or two people.