Caro sinks the boots in again. Friday morning update

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Re: Caro sinks the boots in again. Friday morning update

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Caroline Wilson?......(YAWN) ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..SORRY did someone say something? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GO SAINTS! (to hell with the rest!)
And there, quite clearly is classic deflection.

All kool-aid drinkers on here should wise up to the fact that if we didn't keep shooting ourselves in the foot then there'd be nothing to write about.

Stop blaming the journos who write articles about the St Kilda FC and look at the causes as to why the Club keeps turning over its coaching and administration staff and why its losing memberships and struggling with finances.

One day it will sink in to some.........
Gee it must be great to be superiorly intelligent to everyone. And calling people kool aid drinkers is really insulting. Fact is players from all clubs stuff up, however
when it is stkilda it gets a much greater run than other clubs. We would still be reading about it if it was a bunch of stkilda players who failed to pay a bill at a restaurant. I dont
agree with you, but I am not going to swallow some kool aid and kill myself. All clubs turn over staff, and lucky old melbourne got bailed out by the afl financially. They are one
of the oldest clubs in the league. Brisbane are in a hell of a mess, but dont sell papers so no use writing about them.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
oh when the wrote:Ruthless St Kilda at last.

Let carro chase the drug cheats coaches and hound them to the gutter
I'd say more 'calculated', than 'ruthless'.
Calculated and ruthless...I like it.

My mates dad was on Freo's board for years and is still involved in the club and he said when Freo made the decision to go for Ross Lyon it was a conscious strategy to over come the perception of Freo as the kind of stoned drifter of the AFL (my words not his) and lose the nice guy image. Funny enough this guys son is friends with Andrew Thompson.

Freo knew the media would bastardise their choice to pull the rug out from under the Saints but actually saw it as a statement not a negative. They were actually surprised at the absence of strong condemnation.

Freo always played nice and were seen as happy to just be, the new image they wanted was articulated as the new "F%$#-you Freo" by his son. And guess what, Ross didn't just get a call the night he signed with them either, they were in discussions to the point of working out staff and details in the weeks leading up to it.

Johnny Favier
Club Player

gringo wrote:It's an out rage. We should only have looked at Adam Mc Phee and Kingsley incase we upset others. It was our mess so we should have been admirable and not inconvenienced others and looked internally.

I think we could become a lot more gentlemanly and stand aside to let other teams get the ball first too. I'm sick of all our ill mannered bluntness it's time we stepped aside and let others go first.

Haha! My thoughts exactly.

I couldn't give 2 stuffs what anyone else thinks of our off-season moves - we did what was best for the club - end of.

Fair exchange, no robbery!

oldie60
Club Player

Is there nothing she can write that is informative and unbiased. Compare the two stories Caro's and Emma Quayles. Quayles talks about some players being delisted but in an unbiased and informative manner. Caro just loves to rake all the muck and put negative spins and it seems to work because we are all silly enough to be writing about her. She will never let it go because even if we won a flag and made millions she would find the one small negative that will entice readers. She's an over aged footy slag.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

To be fair to Caro she is just one of hundreds of other AFL journalists out there. She has carved out a niche as a gossip columnist like the people who write NW magazine with unfortunate incidents with Lindsay Lohan and co. She has done it to all clubs we just happen to have done the football equivalent to getting smashed and stumbling out of a limo with out panties and a min skirt on.

North Melbourne made a video with a rubber chicken as a main character and were just about labelled as dangerous sex offenders and delinquent members of our community over it. There was a full freudian run down on why they were all borderline psychotic menaces to society.

happy feet
Club Player

I tried to post a comment on the Real Footy website suggesting Caroline had been a bit silly with the "tigers won't release him" slant and that she had dug herself a hole now that Richo was appointed. Needless to say it was not published.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
oldie60
Club Player

happy feet wrote:I tried to post a comment on the Real Footy website suggesting Caroline had been a bit silly with the "tigers won't release him" slant and that she had dug herself a hole now that Richo was appointed. Needless to say it was not published.
Why does'nt that surprise me, so its ok for her to ridicule us to the world but they are selective in our right of reply. What has this woman got over everyone?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Saw an interview with Keith Thomas the Port president on Fox Sports and he summed it up. He wasn't actually having a go at the Saints. He said something close to, "It's an industry wide problem. We're just about to start full pre-season and we're now without a director of coaching. And there's a snowball effect. Because we'll go out and look for the best individual to fit our needs."

And right there is a realistic, no whinging assessment of the reality of the situation. It's dog eat dog. Every club is out to get the best result for themselves. Port will now go and seek to replace Richardson with someone of equal calibre whether it's to the detriment of another club or not.
Sees beyond Caro's parochial slant dressed up as hard hitting journalism and gives an honest assessment of the competition wide climate when it comes to seeking pivotal staff.

saintbeth
Club Player

[quote="spert"]Just imagine if this was Collingwood ..her report would be worded like this I reckon...

"Collingwood wisely removed Buckley as coach as he was too autocratic and wasn't popular with some players and management, and now they have used clever and cunning negotiating skills to secure the highly-regarded Richardson as new coach. While David Koch is using all his media exposure to cry foul, it just shows how smart Collingwood are in these situations, and all they needed to complete this deal was a small compensation payment in order to secure a top coach. Some of the lower clubs need to look and learn how a top club handled this with a minimum of fuss"[/quote]

This made me laugh Spert. Well written.

Dont worry Caro, Karma may be out there somewhere, waiting for you and the total disdain and dislike you seem to have for the Saints. I asked last week and I ask again - what have St Kilda ever done to you? Why do you dislike them so much that you dont seem to be able to say anything nice about the club EVER!

Saintbeth
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

We really need it to be made public where Caro is getting her "Inside Info" from;

SHOP TALK becomes PILLOW TALK becomes OLD FRIENDS CHAT becomes HEADLINES IN THE AGE !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Port's biggest problem is that no-one wants to move to Adelaide… that's why they are so upset, Richardson was about to commit big time and move over.

Even if we'd done this 3 months ago they'd have had problems finding someone decent. No-one wanted the head coach role a year earlier.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:We really need it to be made public where Caro is getting her "Inside Info" from;

SHOP TALK becomes PILLOW TALK becomes OLD FRIENDS CHAT becomes HEADLINES IN THE AGE !!
What are you insinuating Eastern? :? Is it what I think it is?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:We really need it to be made public where Caro is getting her "Inside Info" from;

:!:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

So, working backwards... an old friend of Caro is the wife/gf of someone in the know?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
SainterK wrote:

So, working backwards... an old friend of Caro is the wife/gf of someone in the know?

She is the wife of a guy who works on channel 7 news. Doubt he knows anything. He also is a good bloke. The rubbish written on here is actually rubbish.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
SainterK wrote:

SEXIST?
Why can't somebody in the know have a boyfriend?
Homophobic hate crimes at SS!! :twisted:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I believe that Nettlefold's missus is a close friend of the witch. Hmmmmmmm!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Errr that's rubbish, P66 says so

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Caroline Wilson?......(YAWN) ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..SORRY did someone say something? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GO SAINTS! (to hell with the rest!)
And there, quite clearly is classic deflection.

All kool-aid drinkers on here should wise up to the fact that if we didn't keep shooting ourselves in the foot then there'd be nothing to write about.

Stop blaming the journos who write articles about the St Kilda FC and look at the causes as to why the Club keeps turning over its coaching and administration staff and why its losing memberships and struggling with finances.

One day it will sink in to some.........
Only because journalists are more interested in scandal and innuendo. They love these things and get their best angles by watching soap operas on TV. It's a poor reflection on their personality when all their stories border on sensationalist and slanderous angles. There's nothing positive in them, it's just journalistic chest beating at best. Her life must be a misery.
I'm not sure if I would want to beat on her chest.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
satchmo wrote:

SEXIST?
Why can't somebody in the know have a boyfriend?
Homophobic hate crimes at SS!! :twisted:
Well they can, but in this case they don't!

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I believe that Nettlefold's missus is a close friend of the witch. Hmmmmmmm!
Yeah, but surely that couldn't be it...could it?!

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

What an absolute load of tripe.

The reports she has written are that close to the mark you might as well call them 100%.

Does she hold a prejudice towards Richmond, probably ?

Does she hold a prejudice against St Kilda, don't think so ?

You lot are getting worked up over diddly squat.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Gee it must be great to be superiorly intelligent to everyone. And calling people kool aid drinkers is really insulting. Fact is players from all clubs stuff up, however
when it is stkilda it gets a much greater run than other clubs. We would still be reading about it if it was a bunch of stkilda players who failed to pay a bill at a restaurant. I dont
agree with you, but I am not going to swallow some kool aid and kill myself. All clubs turn over staff, and lucky old melbourne got bailed out by the afl financially. They are one
of the oldest clubs in the league. Brisbane are in a hell of a mess, but dont sell papers so no use writing about them.
the guys a troll mate...ignore him.....his nick gives him away......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

satchmo wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I believe that Nettlefold's missus is a close friend of the witch. Hmmmmmmm!
Yeah, but surely that couldn't be it...could it?!
I wonder what FU would have to say to that...?

Mods, please don't <edited by mods> my post... you know it's a 'House of Cards' reference..., right? 8-)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

She is the wife of a guy who works on channel 7 news. Doubt he knows anything. He also is a good bloke. The rubbish written on here is actually rubbish.
plugger, plugger, plugger. You have got it all wrong AGAIN. I'll type slowly this time so please try to keep up;

SHOP TALK = inner sanctum at St Kilda Footy Club

PILLOW TALK = A person from that inner sanctum and their partner (you can rule Mark Fine out)

OLD FRIENDS CHAT = The partner and an old friend who may or may not work for The AGE

HEADLINES IN THE AGE = Self explanatory

It has NOTHING to do with Brendan Donahue (unless its another version of PILLOW TALK) !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!