I'm speechless

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm speechless

StNoodles wrote:Very happy with Richardson!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Coach for the next decade.

I am too... well unless he's s*** like Watters. Go Riiiiiiicho.

The last time we got Ross Lyon because we wanted to stop Robert Walls bagging us in the media. This time it was Finey so it must be a super awesome omen. Hopefully this time we take the next step though.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:.

Not securing Lyon earlier looks worse by the minute
Well I am a Lyon fan, and agree we should have locked him in, early in his last year when he first asked.

Personally I quite like the look of Chocco after I had thought about it, and I would have been ok if he had of of been given the nod.

I know little about Richo, but the Saints were obviously keen as had been chasing him for a fortnight.

Like you I hope that they have made the right call this time.

However I do not have a problem that the Saints had to convince Richo that he was genuine.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
loris
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
markp wrote:People are upset about this?

Looks like Williams was plan b all along, and Richardson was finally persuaded.

All due diligence had been done previously... though I guess you've gotta wonder what made them choose watters over him in the first place.

Also looks like it was port that did the leaking as he would've told them first, before signing, before any other candidate was notified, so what else could St Kilda do but state that we still didn't have a coach?
I'm never a fan of having to "beg" someone to coach us. If you want a job where I work apply
Not called begging.................. known as head-hunting. If you've ever been head hunted, one doesn't necessarily have to apply, Sound recruiting processes enlist divers methods.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Why be happy that the club have appeared to have acted in a professional manner re the process and the appointment of the new coach, when we can all start the "gloom-and-doom-sack-the-board-sack-the-coach" threads now before the guy and the board get started.
Call me naïve, but I was under the impression that the CLUB and its SELECTION PANEL actually got to decide the successful candidate, oh! SORRY its the media and sportsbet.com (and this forum) who decides that! Silly me! :oops: :wink:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Teflon wrote:
markp wrote:People are upset about this?

Looks like Williams was plan b all along, and Richardson was finally persuaded.

All due diligence had been done previously... though I guess you've gotta wonder what made them choose watters over him in the first place.

Also looks like it was port that did the leaking as he would've told them first, before signing, before any other candidate was notified, so what else could St Kilda do but state that we still didn't have a coach?
I'm never a fan of having to "beg" someone to coach us. If you want a job where I work apply
Not called begging.................. known as head-hunting. If you've ever been head hunted, one doesn't necessarily have to apply, Sound recruiting processes enlist divers methods.
Yes, with assurances??

Was Malcolm Blight also a version of your "head hunting"?

HR.....justify anything except expenditure... god love em

“Yeah….nah””
loris
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Why be happy that the club have appeared to have acted in a professional manner re the process and the appointment of the new coach, when we can all start the "gloom-and-doom-sack-the-board-sack-the-coach" threads now before the guy and the board get started.
Call me naïve, but I was under the impression that the CLUB and its SELECTION PANEL actually got to decide the successful candidate, oh! SORRY its the media and sportsbet.com (and this forum) who decides that! Silly me! :oops: :wink:
+ 1 :P :P :P :P

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm with Loris!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
markp wrote: Also looks like it was port that did the leaking as he would've told them first, before signing, before any other candidate was notified, so what else could St Kilda do but state that we still didn't have a coach?
I guess Port leaked all the info about Scott Watters to Caroline Wilson and co as well.

St Kilda has a serious issue with the leaking of senstive information - just ask Jaxons!!!
Yes...that is a worry.....
Wouldn't it be funny if a particular colour herring was leaked. :D

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Greg T
Club Player

StNoodles wrote:Very happy with Richardson!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Coach for the next decade.
Hilarious !
Who has the St.k F C ever employed as a coach for a decade?

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
loris
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm with Loris!
We might be 'oldies'............... but we are 'goodies' eh the jiggingone?

I'll remain a glass half full rather than a glass half empty type of supporter. I really couldn't have cared either way who got the job, thought it was the Club's responsibility to go about their business and announce the decision when it was finalised and hoped they have picked the best coach to fit in with the Club's future directions.

Just amused me how supporters fell for any rumour, innenduo that the media pedalled........... and how a guess or an opinion expressed on internet sites/ twitter etc eventually seemed to have legitimacy.....no matter how speculative the guess may have been. All good fun reading I may add. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now if there is a formal appointment made tomorrow Ill get behind the Club and hope it's the correct one. Thus, look forward to starting off as a united club for season 2014, and I trust a little more successful one as far as wins are concerned.

kimberly saint
Club Player

loris wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm with Loris!
We might be 'oldies'............... but we are 'goodies' eh the jiggingone?

I'll remain a glass half full rather than a glass half empty type of supporter. I really couldn't have cared either way who got the job, thought it was the Club's responsibility to go about their business and announce the decision when it was finalised and hoped they have picked the best coach to fit in with the Club's future directions.

Just amused me how supporters fell for any rumour, innenduo that the media pedalled........... and how a guess or an opinion expressed on internet sites/ twitter etc eventually seemed to have legitimacy.....no matter how speculative the guess may have been. All good fun reading I may add. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now if there is a formal appointment made tomorrow Ill get behind the Club and hope it's the correct one. Thus, look forward to starting off as a united club for season 2014, and I trust a little more successful one as far as wins are concerned.
wow we do have sum normal level heaeded supporters :D

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Shouldn't be begging people to coach the club in my opinion. The club has a poor record with this - Watson and Blight come to mind.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Who are you calling "normal" Kimberly saint? :wink: I'll have to alert the mods

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

samuraisaint wrote:Shouldn't be begging people to coach the club in my opinion. The club has a poor record with this - Watson and Blight come to mind.
Who said we begged him?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

We have been suckered in by the media storm and political drama. At the end of the day I couldn't give a sh*t. Three years ago we just lost our second grand final in consecutive years in the dying minutes. That to me was turmoil, that was the lowest point I have felt ever following football, absolutely heartbreaking,literally. So all this other sh*t now,i couldn't give a stuff about it. The club needed to move on from that back to back loss era, and now with a second coach since then now signing up,we are moving further away from that dark 2010 October.

Turmoil...what turmoil? The merry go round that is now AFL sees me not caring as much about personal as the old days. The list is being rebuilt nicely but still a lot of work to come. That's all I am worried about really

Bring back the Lockett era
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I used to be so bored by this point of the year with no footy stuff going on. We have managed to be front page since the end of the season with dwarf fires, sackings, monster trades, ins, outs and in fighting. The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about at all.

I worry we will have to blow up the harbour bridge next year to make the same impact though.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Shouldn't be begging people to coach the club in my opinion. The club has a poor record with this - Watson and Blight come to mind.
I agree Samurai

You offer a position - people apply its how its done
IF you have to convince people to bother applying - motivation becomes a question

Anyway we move on and pray we get it right.... safe on the knowledge the same Board just paid out the last failure and that we can't afford another

“Yeah….nah””
Middo
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
Middo wrote:Bloke hasn't been officially appointed and the normal knockers are already canning the club (BM). I think the club has made the best choice moving forward . Let's pass judgement in 3 years time instead of having a crack now , I think with the likes of Andrew Thompson & Burkey on the board with the new Pres we will get it right IMO .. good luck Richo !!!!
He has been officially appointed.
Announcement tomorrow.
And glad you are on board with Burkey & Thommo!
The same blokes that delivered you Watters.
Richardson might turn out be better than Lyon.
I hope he is.
But we have turned down a premiership coach for an untried coach so he better be good.
And don't buy into this bulls*** about Choco only wanted a 5 year deal.
It is completely untrue.
Yeah ok mate as I said not official until announced tomorrow as you state .. :roll: :roll:
Just sick of the negative shite every time the club makes a decision and yes you got it wrong this time so no need to get the sads , why not look forward and be positive or is that not allowed ..
I for one was very happy with the trade period and look forward to next Thursday as we welcome some top end draft picks into the club...
Can only see positive signs moving forward , seems like Richo has already won over most of the media ..

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
kimberly saint
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Who are you calling "normal" Kimberly saint? :wink: I'll have to alert the mods
ha ha just nice to read a post with out over the top reactions to a process that lets face it most are guessing wat and how things happened . Its called tropo season up these parts at moment , seems our 45 degree heat is frying few heads down south :)

StGoddard18
Club Player

jonesy wrote:We have been suckered in by the media storm and political drama. At the end of the day I couldn't give a sh*t. Three years ago we just lost our second grand final in consecutive years in the dying minutes. That to me was turmoil, that was the lowest point I have felt ever following football, absolutely heartbreaking,literally. So all this other sh*t now,i couldn't give a stuff about it. The club needed to move on from that back to back loss era, and now with a second coach since then now signing up,we are moving further away from that dark 2010 October.

Turmoil...what turmoil? The merry go round that is now AFL sees me not caring as much about personal as the old days. The list is being rebuilt nicely but still a lot of work to come. That's all I am worried about really

Well said

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Agree we are a joke.

Stuff defending our reputation

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Tassie Saint
Club Player
Location: In the wilds of Tassie - Where boys become men, and cousins become wives

2 days ago, even yesterday, everyone was convinced that Choco had the job and that the whole process was a smokescreen.

Put yourself in Richardson's shoes: if you'd been the bridesmaid a few times and didn't want to get a reputation in your industry as an also ran, wouldn't you want assurances before you threw your family, your current employer, your friends and your colleagues into turmoil?

And for those drawing links to Blight: Richardson hadn't retired interstate and didnt need convincing to coach at all - just assurance that this was a legitimate interview, a real process and that the job would be won on merit. Totally different scenarios. One smacks of desperation. The other is going after your man. Good on the Saints for going after their man!!

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Tassie Saint wrote:2 days ago, even yesterday, everyone was convinced that Choco had the job and that the whole process was a smokescreen.

Put yourself in Richardson's shoes: if you'd been the bridesmaid a few times and didn't want to get a reputation in your industry as an also ran, wouldn't you want assurances before you threw your family, your current employer, your friends and your colleagues into turmoil?

And for those drawing links to Blight: Richardson hadn't retired interstate and didnt need convincing to coach at all - just assurance that this was a legitimate interview, a real process and that the job would be won on merit. Totally different scenarios. One smacks of desperation. The other is going after your man. Good on the Saints for going after their man!!
Think you got it....

fingers
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
Middo wrote:Bloke hasn't been officially appointed and the normal knockers are already canning the club (BM). I think the club has made the best choice moving forward . Let's pass judgement in 3 years time instead of having a crack now , I think with the likes of Andrew Thompson & Burkey on the board with the new Pres we will get it right IMO .. good luck Richo !!!!
Lets face it, 90% of this place said the same thing about Scott Watters. But for me, I have lost faith with the board.

Why?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Why be happy that the club have appeared to have acted in a professional manner re the process and the appointment of the new coach, when we can all start the "gloom-and-doom-sack-the-board-sack-the-coach" threads now before the guy and the board get started.

Take that nonsense elsewhere. God forbid the club actually had a plan and executed it. And until their man became available they pursued other options. But because we weren't kept in the loop it's a massive c**k up.