The Reasons re Watters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jaxons
Club Player

Re: The Reasons re Watters

whiskers3614 wrote:Jaxons can you confirm or deny that you have been authorised by the club to disseminate information to members and supporters?

I haven't released any information that is not known to the club or people involved.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Jaxons can you confirm or deny that you have been authorised by the club to disseminate information to members and supporters?
Who cares if he has permission or not, he is giving us a cryptic heads up.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Who cares?

Go underground Jacko - pm me if you feel the urge just keep up the good work!!

“Yeah….nah””
jaxons
Club Player

Whiskers, what have I said on this site ever that you feel would have broken the confidence of the club?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

A decision that absolutely needed to be made.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Don't worry "whiskers" I'm sure President Obama has some of his spooks spying on the STKFC and the SS site and the leakers of info will get their comeuppance :wink: :wink:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

Whiskers, what have I said on this site ever that you feel would have broken the confidence of the club?
Who we will target with our first pick in the draft?

I haven't heard the club mention specific players before in public.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

I am not suggesting you have broken any confidences.
I am asking whether you MAY have been asked/allowed to gently spread the bad news(and some good) gently to soften the blow when bombshell ultimately hit.
In other words you are doing some of the clubs PR.
Sorry if I was unclear.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
jaxons wrote:

I am not suggesting you have broken any confidences.
I am asking whether you MAY have been asked/allowed to gently spread the bad news(and some good) gently to soften the blow when bombshell ultimately hit.
In other words you are doing some of the clubs PR.
Sorry if I was unclear.

If Jaxon was emplaoyed by the club, which IMO he isnt, he should be sacked. I think he is Finey.

Middo
Club Player

stinger wrote:
jaxons wrote:
stinger wrote:

that's just as probably untue as everything else we are told.....

..one guy wanted to go home to western australia...

laidley's contract was up and he wanted to be reunited with malthouse.....on more money than we could offer....

the fitness guy left to go to the filth because they offered twice what we could pay him....none of them left because of scott afaiw.....

mass walkouts...bullsh!t...

Stinger you are not speaking the truth here and speculating.
Jayme you are correct.
The other 2 had a complete relationship meltdown with Scott, hence wanted out.

i'm speaking the truth as i know it....a club insider told me that the fitness guy wanted to go back and work with eade...and that he had been offered twice the money we were paying him.......i was also told that in an effort to keep him.several wealthy supporters had bee asked to dig deep into their pockets.......he still had one year on a contract to go, so we could have kept him as a reluctant employee....true of false....???

laidley and watters were close.....he was on a two year contract which has just expired.....he had previously played under malthouse and was one of his assistant coaches in the past........the scumbaggers(read malthousre) were keen to recruit him and offered him sh!tloads more money than we could pay......true or false.....????

tony74 predicted weeks ago that two assistant coaches would depart at sessions end.........true or false..???......true...they have departed....
Funny you call Jaxons out and have a snipe at him and then you say a club insider told you something , maybe take a look at the original post stating a number of reported facts from journalists instead of playing the flog and ripping into someone who has been on the money every time ...

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

In that case he should be sacked by SEN for breaking news on here before SEN. EG Trades
In answer to Pluggers last post.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:In that case he should be sacked by SEN for breaking news on here before SEN. EG Trades
In answer to Pluggers last post.

What has SEN got to do with a club who may employ him. Very confusing. If he works for the club he should be sacked but there is no way he does so he an say what he likes.I dont care what SEN do to Finey if its him but I do care about our club.

patto
Club Player

I believe i just heard a pin drop?
Maybe not. We have a response. ha

BelfastSaint
Club Player

patto wrote:
I believe i just heard a pin drop?
Maybe not. We have a response. ha
we get someone who gives us good insider info and all you blokes want to do is harass him ...

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BelfastSaint wrote:
we get someone who gives us good insider info and all you blokes want to do is harass him ...
Exactly. The OP was clear. No 'in-confidence' info has been posted. Simple confirmation of elements of various articles that were on the money. Why take issue with the OP? For me, I'm glad to have the info and I'm glad Watters has gone.

patto
Club Player

Umm no i was just enjoying the debate and thought it ended abruptly after whiskers question with no response. Seems i failed to notice the next page where the discussion continued so i edited with the "we have a response" comment.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I have felt a bit uneasy reading jaxons stuff, I have felt he has an agenda of maybe destabilising the club a la the fairfax witch, or Finey.
Then, I took a chill pill and gave it some reasoned thought.
None of his posts appear to be anything like Finey or Caro, who get aroused at the keyboard/microphone.
Unlike them, he takes no joy at all in any of the happenings but appears restrained, and uncomfortable in sharing. No hint of an ego trip at all.
I am still uncomfortable, but I believe his intentions are 100% honourable.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
ctqs
Club Player

There has definitely been selected background briefings coming from the club for weeks, to soften the blow so far as key media types were concerned. Hence the likes of Robinson and Wilson took the club line in their pieces this morning. As for the story in The Australian about Prescott's appointment being linked to Watters' axing, it may be true but the person who writes that has a form for writing absolute garbage and I do not believe anything that goes to print unless it is retrospective i.e. actually turns out to be the case.
I can tell you what I've heard without breaking confidences. The internal review involved a couple of dozen people - I don't know who or from what parts of the club - and none of them had anything complimentary to say about Watters. In fact, I've been told he had up to 30 complaints against him. I've heard that Pelchen is being painted as the bad guy when he is in fact the opposite. I've been told that Watters went on SEN when he didn't have club permission. In fact he was told NOT to.
The following is only supposition on my part, but I think the club went soft on its public reasons for either of two reasons. It's either a party to a confidentiality clause so his reputation is protected at the expense of a lower payout, or the payout process hasn't been determined and the club is taking a softer approach so he may be less inclined to make things even more difficult.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
stinger wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Stinger, you can have a go at me I don't mind.
The reasons I took from the articles at the start of this post, which are all accurate, aren't enough justification for you?
what??.....that dean bailey walked out on us??????

as stated by that flog sam edmund..........??? all credibilty gone there and then afaic.....
Dean Bailey was never at St Kilda

i know that...i think the flog meant laidley.....just goes to show....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Watters seems like such a nice bloke on camera. Then you hear he's a pr1ck. Sociopath?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
no he's not......apart from telling us that everything the scum press print is true...and we all know that is crap....jaxons has not told us one thing thst has not appeared in the newspapers......

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
no he's not......apart from telling us that everything the scum press print is true...and we all know that is crap....jaxons has not told us one thing thst has not appeared in the newspapers......
Told us we would get Longer, Bruce and Delaney and keep 18 and 19. This was after Lions knocked back 18 from the Hawks for Longer. I thought he was full of it, but he was spot on. Do I need to mention Big Boy?

Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote: Funny you call Jaxons out and have a snipe at him and then you say a club insider told you something , maybe take a look at the original post stating a number of reported facts from journalists instead of playing the flog and ripping into someone who has been on the money every time ...

who says he has been on the money.???...he is just repeating what he reads in the newspapers...some of which he says is true...other bits false........ralph had all those trades long before jaxons posted them on here......the club insider posts on here...i'm not disclosing anything others don't know......and none of it harmful to the st kilda football club...unlike jaxons posts ffs......so you stop playing the flog as well ffs... :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
stinger wrote:
Wayne42 wrote: Told us we would get Longer, Bruce and Delaney and keep 18 and 19. This was after Lions knocked back 18 from the Hawks for Longer. I thought he was full of it, but he was spot on. Do I need to mention Big Boy?

i heard it from jon ralph a couple of hours before jaxons posted that on here.....it was on the hun website...then in the paper the next morning.....i was on here when both posted their "scoop"....ralph was first...and he was right all along....

he was however right about mcevoy....credit where credit due...

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think a lot of what "Hasn't been reported/posted has formed part of Scott Watters settlement. The club won't bag him and won't pay him scenario. I see that jaxons has been BOTH first and correct on a number of issues and has been up front and honest with what he/she has posted on here.

I also think that it would be best for the club and best for Scott Watters if some of the main drivers behind his dismissal were kept confidential !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!