Lions made play for Armo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter#4
Club Player

Lions made play for Armo

"We did enquire about David Armitage from St Kilda and had spoken to his management and the like," Kerr told lions.com.au.

"In the end, St Kilda wasn't prepared to trade for David so that one fell over."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-30/w ... tage-lions

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Re: Lions made play for Armo

good to hear it verified from an independent source just how well we have done this trade period.

longer at 25 an absolute steal, as well as savage for steak knives who the dees obviously thought was worth an early 20's pick.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

After trading Ben

I would have seriously considered what Armo could attract.... He is B Grade who might have got overs from a desperate club?

I rate David.... But every player has a price

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We will probably never know what was offered.
Probably not pick 6 or whatever they have.
Maybe karnesis plus 27 or whatever they have.

Shows our club loves Armo and fair enough too.
5th in the b and f and our 2nd best player under 30.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

And great that David wanted to stay

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:And great that David wanted to stay
If anyone thinks our team is in tatters we are nothing compared to them!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Heard Armo has complete bought into our disarray strategy.

Fancy trading one of our few decent inside mids especially after we lost Dal Santo.

Lions must have thought it would have been easy considering how all the clubs were laughing at St.Kilda and their trading during the period.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Faulky63
Club Player

Just a thought but the Pelican did say he is after 3 first round picks in draft over next couple of years, maybe we are going to use him in next yearstrading? Just a thought as we will need to offer up ssomething of value again.

Faulky63
Club Player

Just a thought but the Pelican did say he is after 3 first round picks in draft over next couple of years, maybe we are going to use him in next years trading? Just a thought as we will need to offer up something of value again.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:We will probably never know what was offered.
Probably not pick 6 or whatever they have.
Maybe karnesis plus 27 or whatever they have.

Shows our club loves Armo and fair enough too.
5th in the b and f and our 2nd best player under 30.
I dare say they were keen on a Longer for Armo s/s, I'm glad we didn't listen too closely to their request.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Fancy trading one of our few decent inside mids especially after we lost Dal Santo.

Lions must have thought it would have been easy considering how all the clubs were laughing at St.Kilda and their trading during the period.
Losing Dal gives Armo more scope to ply his trade.

Sorry I'll stop talking sense.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Faulky63 wrote:Just a thought but the Pelican did say he is after 3 first round picks in draft over next couple of years, maybe we are going to use him in next years trading? Just a thought as we will need to offer up something of value again.
Not quite true re 3 first round over next couple of years........................

re read his statement

saint4life
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:

I see what you did there old chum

gringo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:After trading Ben

I would have seriously considered what Armo could attract.... He is B Grade who might have got overs from a desperate club?

I rate David.... But every player has a price

I think Armo will become an very integral player in 2014. He's the age we need players, has lifted by at least 50% in the last 2 seasons and had break out games where he was rated BOG at least twice and had at least two 30 possession games. he needs to get some consistency but he was heavily stunted under Ross Lyon so he's the equivalent of a third or fourth year player. I back him in from here to become a very good player.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes JB... All the other clubs were laughing? That's what was said? Gawd your desperate.... And at least be accurate

I can't believe You've even bought that into this thread? Unrelated?

Man you're worked up?!

Gringo, I love Armo.... But he has some limitations and he's pretty much fully developed.... He is 25 and near 100 games...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Yes JB... All the other clubs were laughing? That's what was said? Gawd your desperate.... And at least be accurate

Man you're worked up?!

lol what a joke :D :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Yes JB... All the other clubs were laughing? That's what was said? Gawd your desperate.... And at least be accurate

Man you're worked up?!

Gringo, I love Armo.... But he has some limitations and he's pretty much fully developed.... He is 25 and near 100 games...

we will have to agree to disagree then. I think he has been very limited in the positions he has ben played in. With Lenny out this year he played his best footy. He is a coal face midfielder and his limitations have largely been set by those in front of him in the same position. Lenny and before that Luke Ball had the spot sewn up. He has been played all over the ground with no consistency. He will own the spot soon enough and we will see his best footy. He doesn't have a bag of tricks so he needs to play the grunt mid role or he looks average.

most think Luke Ball is A grade but they compare pretty similarly in output.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_p ... 1=S&fid2=S

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Gringo, that link is very cool. Thanks. I didn't know you could do that side by side comparison on that site.

Always loyal
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

Man you're worked up?!

we will have to agree to disagree then. I think he has been very limited in the positions he has ben played in. With Lenny out this year he played his best footy. He is a coal face midfielder and his limitations have largely been set by those in front of him in the same position. Lenny and before that Luke Ball had the spot sewn up. He has been played all over the ground with no consistency. He will own the spot soon enough and we will see his best footy. He doesn't have a bag of tricks so he needs to play the grunt mid role or he looks average.

most think Luke Ball is A grade but they compare pretty similarly in output.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_p ... 1=S&fid2=S
And.... can you imagine what a couple of finals in 2009 or 2010 would have done for his confidence. I have no doubt that he would have soaked up the pressure and performed for us...maybe 2009 in the slippery conditions would've suited him to a T