one bombshell left

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: one bombshell left

Carl Ditterich back at Saints?

Austinnn
Club Player

gringo wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:The Armo deal makes no sense in the context of our desire to gain picks. Unless the deal involved our 3rd rounder and Armo for Longer and a first rounder? Or maybe the conjecture has nothing to do with Armo, and the big news will be regarding a deal with GWS?

The other rumour is still 3, 21 and Fisher for pick 1.
I dunno if that cal be classed as a 'rumour'; just a proposal by a sports broadcaster. I hope that deal never approaches anyhting like reality. We'd be insane to trade away picks 3 and 17/21 for only pick one, let alone losing Fisher as well. Pick 17 and 21 for pick 1 I could just about handle without vomiting, but no higher.

Let's hope the bombshell is a positive one.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:trade big mac, dal, gilbo, chips and armo for draft picks and a bunch of kids and we will be down the bottom just like gws for years with less hope than them, no supporters and no money....you can shut the door behind you with the last out turning off the lights......
take a breath Stinger .... the club know we are at the end of something that ultimatly didnt deliver us the prize we all want now is the start to rebuild for the next shot at it .. for the now we will be in some pain make no doubt about it .. honestly i feel its a bit like the bandaid approach instead of slowly tearing off the bandaid we are ripping it off fast... we want to pump kids into the team and we want to do it fast , we also want to get the maximum value of the players we have while they still have value ... eg Dal - McEvoy - Fisher... maybe Joey next year ....

there are two ways to look at it we can either a) cry over what has been and will not be anymore or we can b) get on board and support the build ...
i for one am feeling some excitement at being witness of the next generation.. im buying in from the start ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I don't want Longer - we have enough ruckmen. Its time to back Hickey in - isn't that why he was recruited in the first place ?

I want to keep Armo. Need his midfield grunt.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
gringo wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:The Armo deal makes no sense in the context of our desire to gain picks. Unless the deal involved our 3rd rounder and Armo for Longer and a first rounder? Or maybe the conjecture has nothing to do with Armo, and the big news will be regarding a deal with GWS?

The other rumour is still 3, 21 and Fisher for pick 1.
I dunno if that cal be classed as a 'rumour'; just a proposal by a sports broadcaster. I hope that deal never approaches anyhting like reality. We'd be insane to trade away picks 3 and 17/21 for only pick one, let alone losing Fisher as well. Pick 17 and 21 for pick 1 I could just about handle without vomiting, but no higher.

Let's hope the bombshell is a positive one.

Pelchen knows the draft can be a lottery and understands if you have more balls in the lottery you have a higher chance of winning.
So no way would he would trade 3 + 21 for 1 - entirely against his philosophy.

if there is a bombshell it will be Pelchen trying to get another ball in the top 20.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Looks like we are swapping the Hawthorn pick for Franklin for our pick 21. So we also move up 3 spots in the draft.

jamesmc
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:I like how this trade week has gone from comatose to manic in the matter of hours.
Certainly all hot the fan quickly, I keep checking ss to see what's next
eehhh :?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Wouldnt be surprised if the bombshell was Armo for pick 20 to Gold Coast.

I think that would leave us with 3, 17, 18, 20.

DWOODROW
Club Player

So is Armo going to Brisbane, Melbourne GWS or Gold Coast. Sorry if I'm confused here or missing something but no one has elaborated yet. :shock:

suss
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Looks like we are swapping the Hawthorn pick for Franklin for our pick 21. So we also move up 3 spots in the draft.
So that's the third top 20 pick. I don't know if I like it but at least there appears to be a strategy. Bold move.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Wouldnt be surprised if the bombshell was Armo for pick 20 to Gold Coast.

I think that would leave us with 3, 17, 18, 20.

Con we wont get 17 and 18. We will get at least 18 and 19 and then 20 or even later. Have no idea why we would swap Armo for pick 20 something.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Looks like we are swapping the Hawthorn pick for Franklin for our pick 21. So we also move up 3 spots in the draft.
So that's the third top 20 pick. I don't know if I like it but at least there appears to be a strategy. Bold move.
Reported to be part of the McEvoy trade - a sweetner!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Wtf would be the point in giving up 3 17 and 21 for pick one and a player.

No deal

DWOODROW
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:So is Armo going to Brisbane, Melbourne GWS or Gold Coast. Sorry if I'm confused here or missing something but no one has elaborated yet. :shock:
Anyone???

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:So is Armo going to Brisbane, Melbourne GWS or Gold Coast. Sorry if I'm confused here or missing something but no one has elaborated yet. :shock:
I heard he's code jumping to the Brissy Broncos???

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

mate i dont know how you can stand to read this stuff honestly .. to read all these rumours flying about about your brother i reckon i would struggle to not laugh or cry or possibly both ?!?! ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Anyone???
He's gone to Bali - didn't he tell you??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
DWOODROW
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
mate i dont know how you can stand to read this stuff honestly .. to read all these rumours flying about about your brother i reckon i would struggle to not laugh or cry or possibly both ?!?! ...
Doesn't bother me as long as he gets a team I like and u guys get something out of it but just wonder where it's all come from. Either people have very imaginative minds or its bulls*** or there's something to it. Just trying to work out what's what.

Austinnn
Club Player

I want to keep Armo. Have to be better than one pick if we're giving that kind of quality up.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
gringo
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Doesn't bother me as long as he gets a team I like and u guys get something out of it but just wonder where it's all come from. Either people have very imaginative minds or its bulls*** or there's something to it. Just trying to work out what's what.

Forget Dave we want the big armo to stay. Worth keeping him so you stay on here. Seriously though he's only just got going it would be crazy to lose him now.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Armo to Broncos for an extra hour daylight savings?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Apparantly Geelong West have put in a handy bid for him. Trying to replace Joey Redojavic I hear.

8856brother wrote:
Apparantly Geelong West have put in a handy bid for him. Trying to replace Joey Redojavic I hear.

Armo doesnt kick anywhere near enough goals. Do they still have the bike track around the ground.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
8856brother wrote:

Armo doesnt kick anywhere near enough goals. Do they still have the bike track around the ground.
No, but the beer is still very cold.

Club Player

I am an Armo fan. Got grunt and a footy brain, would be sad if he left. But I understand what the club are doing and the list the Ro$$ Lying left us with...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM