Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kickit
Club Player

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

lloyd21 wrote:Brad Scott unfortunately seems delusional about it , does not seem to understand the landscape .

North Melbourne have to approach Saints with "Godfather deal " not the other way around.

Personally feel screw them if by end of week they don't offer anything special.

Give Dal 3 year deal and move on to draft.

As for Gws I hope they tell them Fisher is available pick 19 and move on too, pick up Bruce in PSD.
Delaney will be delisted so they will be able again to pick up for free uncontracted ,delisted player.
I'd like to secure a new 120 inch LED TV, I'm just waiting for Harvey Norman to approach me to take one off their hands.
And I'd truly like to know why the Aston Martin doorknockers have missed my place.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Don't understand why GWS wouldn't want Dal?
Reckon he would be good for them.
What about Dal, Fisher and pick 21 for Bruce and pick 9?
They swap Adams and pick 1 to the Pies for Shaw and pick 10.
Mumford in PSD.
They retain picks 10, 19, 21 still pretty good.
They get a good deal for mine, if they get Shaw and Mumford as well, all of a sudden they can win 8-10 games for mine.
Everyone wins.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

In pelican we trust

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

As if we will trade 21 for Bruce! Relax peoples

#1 Ryder fan
starsign
Club Player

Kickit wrote:
Megamaguire wrote:Teflon i agree north have nothing 'on the table' for us to be excited about. Eastern i wouldn't bother adding the mr to scott - wouldn't trust the whinging git!

Biffer scott actually believes he can exert media pressure on St.Kilda to get Dal Santo for peanuts because.... he believes north deserve to play preliminary and grand finals from here on in. He believes St.Kilda should simply accept the writing on the wall that we are crap and should take what we deserve.

You cannot deal with a fool who believes he can trade and get something for nothing.
Avid that is a better recruiting strategy - get sam Reid. At least you are talking about a real deal player!
Just heard that GWS are putting together that truckload of cash for H.Shaw again. Now is probably the time to pounce on a highly rated young gun from gws with a lucrative offer. Do they actually have a top line player who could help St. Kilda who they really don't want to lose but have to due to 2 manty players on their list?

G O S A I N T S!
I think they still have cap concessions. I just hope that securing Shaw doesn't sour a potential Fisher deal.
Thought Dogs were after Shaw as well So maybe we can get a good draft pick for Sam from them if they miss out, 22?

Kickit
Club Player

Fisher and our third rounder for the Dogs second rounder?

Kickit
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote:As if we will trade 21 for Bruce! Relax peoples
I'd rather trade it for Bruce than for Delaney ( Who I consider would be the main guy only until Bruce takes over ).
To me Delaney seems to be just one step up from a VFL full back.
If Simpkin can bulk up 4Kg he's Delaney -3cm.

Bruce at 21, is 197cm and 93Kg, so he should certainly have the physical attributes in a few years.
The big question mark is "can he play"?

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Bugg & Bruce For Fisher and Pick 21

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

starsign wrote:Former Kangaroo Luke Delaney wants to join the Saints, with the two clubs opening discussions on a deal. This could involve a trade for Dal Santo.
''Luke's nominated St Kilda as his club of choice. Now again, St Kilda have got to come forward and basically put a deal to us,'' Scott said. ''We're really keen to help Luke get to his club of choice. We really rate him as a person so we'd like to see him get another go somewhere else.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z2h4L4BYPO

what's with the former Roo bit? Have they delisted him? Can we pick him up in the PSD?
Interesting that he's expecting the Saints to make an offer for Delaney when they haven't made an offer for Dal Santo.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
sainter#4
Club Player

Hearing about bugg and bruce for 21 and fisher makes me really hope the club can incorporate patton in the deal and throw some fillers from our end in. 21 and fisher are overs in my opinion.

Also let dal walk as a free agent. He has to be a band1 compo pick meaning pick4. I think we we would be very well set then with 3+4 patton bugg bruce for 21 fisher and fillers eg gwilt and dal

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I just made that bugg and Bruce for fish and 21 up. Has it now got legs? I see someone has repeated here? I do know we are targeting an outside mid but don't know who or even which club!!

#1 Ryder fan
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Would I be upsetting many people on here if I said that I DON'T WANT JONATHON PATTON at our club? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

sainter#4
Club Player

Some bigfooty twitter is reporting that bugg bruce deal

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

MC Gusto wrote:I just made that bugg and Bruce for fish and 21 up. Has it now got legs? I see someone has repeated here? I do know we are targeting an outside mid but don't know who or even which club!!
BrianSpeaking from BigFooty, who is usually on the money with what is going on recruiting wise, tweeted the Bugg/Bruce for Fisher/21 deal at 5am this morning.

Maybe great minds think alike!

Although.... have you ever seen BrianSpeaking & MC Gusto in the same room at the same time????

dragit
Saintsational Legend

sainter#4 wrote: Also let dal walk as a free agent. He has to be a band1 compo pick meaning pick4.
Not a chance in hell… but band 2 and 3 would still be better than Norths 2nd round pick - 30 - something

noddy
Club Player

I hope they can convince GWS to throw their pick 38 into any deal so we can send it on to North for Delaney.

Image In Richo we trust.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I reckon clubs see us coming to be honest...

Last year GCS & GWS played hard ball with Hickey & Lee... and we gave up our 2 first round picks... we then desperately offered up our 2 2nd round picks for Mitch Brown at the last minute.

12, 13, 24 & 25 for Lee, Hickey & Brown (plus a couple of upgrades) - not sure if that's brilliant manoeuvring? Too early I guess.
You have a point
Clubs must be thinking - 'ok if these guys were desperate to unload a pick 25 on Mitch Brown - well what do we have here!'

Man what was Pelch thinking?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:In pelican we trust
Semi but not fully.....
Im still a bit nervous... :)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
sainter#4 wrote: Also let dal walk as a free agent. He has to be a band1 compo pick meaning pick4.
Not a chance in hell… but band 2 and 3 would still be better than Norths 2nd round pick - 30 - something
Sainter4 there is 0% chance Dal will be band one.
Will be 2 or 3.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
dragit wrote:
Sainter4 there is 0% chance Dal will be band one.
Will be 2 or 3.
also absoulutly zero chance we will get bugg, bruce and patton ..... Patton (Young, Previous number 1 draft pick, lots of footy infront of him) alone would be worth more than Fisher(over 30, reported issues, injured all last year) and pick 21...

i think a lot on here over value what Fishers price would be to other teams ... remember last year Brian Lake and pick 27 were traded for pick 21 ..... and lets be honest here fishers season this year and Lakes season in 2012 were both underwhelming ... both also had "attitude" problems ... in my opinion Fisher would have the same value as lake would of had

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:.

i think a lot on here over value what Fishers price would be to other teams ... remember last year Brian Lake and pick 27 were traded for pick 21 ..... and lets be honest here fishers season this year and Lakes season in 2012 were both underwhelming ... both also had "attitude" problems ... in my opinion Fisher would have the same value as lake would of had
Yep.
No way Fisher is worth than more Lake - and Lake was almost given away for free.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
starsign wrote:Former Kangaroo Luke Delaney wants to join the Saints, with the two clubs opening discussions on a deal. This could involve a trade for Dal Santo.
''Luke's nominated St Kilda as his club of choice. Now again, St Kilda have got to come forward and basically put a deal to us,'' Scott said. ''We're really keen to help Luke get to his club of choice. We really rate him as a person so we'd like to see him get another go somewhere else.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z2h4L4BYPO

what's with the former Roo bit? Have they delisted him? Can we pick him up in the PSD?
Interesting that he's expecting the Saints to make an offer for Delaney when they haven't made an offer for Dal Santo.
I had to read that a few times myself to make sure I was reading it right.

Snott says "We'll get him to the club of his choice" then expects us to do the leg work to get it done? Is he into Uncle Danks private reserve?

We need to play hardball. Win some respect back to avoid this idiotic idea that we are pushovers. Bruce for pick 21. Give me a f****** break. If North don't get a deal done make it clear that Delaney will walk and we'll get him in the PSD a'la Freo with Dawson. It's about time we ream someone for a change

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Yep.
No way Fisher is worth than more Lake - and Lake was almost given away for free.
Lake was a fat turd on 500K who couldn't be arsed training unless the team was vying for a flag…

It was a gift to Hawthorn and it relieved the dogs of a massive wasted salary…

He is obviously worth more than a small pick upgrade… but it was a win/win trade.

Fisher is not worth too much right now though, mainly because injuries have prevented him from playing much footy recently.

Fisher would be very handy for GWS for the next 2 years and they don't need Bruce who is all potential at this stage… it would be a reasonable swap.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: Lake was a fat turd on 500K who couldn't be arsed training unless the team was vying for a flag…

He is obviously worth more than a small pick upgrade… but it was a win/win trade.

Fisher is not worth too much right now though, mainly because injuries have prevented him from playing much footy recently.

Fisher would be very handy for GWS for the next 2 years and they don't need Bruce who is all potential at this stage… it would be a reasonable swap.
obviously Fisher has some value .. and if he does go the team he gets to will benefit from him being in the team .. BUT.... i doubt any club see's him as a "Must Get" player ... i doubt any team will bend over to get him , if there can be a fairish swap arranged then yeah but we wont be in a position to play hard ball with him in my opinion if we get a pick upgrade or a younger tall defender then thats a win for us ...
honestly i cant see Fisher ever hitting the highs of yeasteryear with us again .. if he leaves he might but staying i think we will see the same ol same ol

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Yep.
Lake was a fat turd on 500K who couldn't be arsed training unless the team was vying for a flag…

And the Lake trade is not completely accurate...

It was Lake and 27 for 21 and 41....Considering where Lake was in his career, it was a very good trade for the Dogs. In the end it got them Koby Stevens and Nathan Hrovat.