Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

wooo hoo a guy that cant crack Norths best 22 and has suspect kicking skills and we dont target Adams at all?

Off to a flyer....

We get the big guns at Saints!

“Yeah….nah””
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:surely we would be targeting adams. just dont get it.
see above
deosnt explain why he has spoken to all the other clubs (alongside melbourne) yet not us. eg collingwood dont have pick 2

#1 Ryder fan
Shanka

I don't think Delaney is too bad. Considering the all Australian full back plays the same position as him. Adams I don't understand though, the guy can really play

lloyd21
Club Player

No one except the managers know who has spoken to what players at each club.

Personally speaking would prefer the club recruit with early draft picks for the long term the Geelong model rather than pay overs

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:wooo hoo a guy that cant crack Norths best 22 and has suspect kicking skills and we dont target Adams at all?

Off to a flyer....

We get the big guns at Saints!
who is saying we have/are not targeting him.........

as I have said previously we may approached...............but he/manager indicated not interested in us.

saint4life
sainter#4
Club Player

Why arnt we showing interest in someone like dom tyson and cogniglio. Players who havent set the world on fire at gws and might be better off back in melb around more experienced veterans.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Would Armo be on the table?

If so what could we get if we packaged him with Fisher to GWS?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

we should also be looking at the brissy youngsters that want out

#1 Ryder fan
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I sure hope Pelchen, Elshaug and the gang are reading this thread as I'm worried they may miss out on a few of these fellas :shock: :( :cry:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

sainter#4 wrote:Why arnt we showing interest in someone like dom tyson and cogniglio. Players who havent set the world on fire at gws and might be better off back in melb around more experienced veterans.
Coniglio is from WA. He played 18 games this year and he's not even 20 yet. Tyson did a PCL late last year and took a bit of time to recover. Not sure why they'd trade either of them at this point.

Anyway, even if we were sniffing around them, what's the chance it would come out in the media? Maybe we should all just assume that the club is doing things behind the scenes and that it will all become obvious in due course.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Very happy with Luke Delaney but not as happy as the Sandy coach. Get Bruce forget Delaney.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I noted that North have indicated if they lose Delaney they will go hard for Bruce...robbing Peter to pay Paul...in a bad way!!!

Get Bruce then worry about Delaney

Get Adams whilst at it

And Patton to boot.

#1 Ryder fan
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Very happy with Luke Delaney but not as happy as the Sandy coach. Get Bruce forget Delaney.
Get both, we need more than 1, surely Delaney will cost SFA

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Very happy with Luke Delaney but not as happy as the Sandy coach. Get Bruce forget Delaney.

lets get 5 then. One good defender is better than wasting a pick on a player who is getting an and done nothing. if we get smashed in the midfield it wont matter who we have down back and we are wasting a pick on someone who has done nothing. If we had many picks id get 5 of them but we dont have many picks. We need mids and then more mids and then more mids again.

I never understand this cost bugger all. TDL cost bugger all but my guess is we could have fluked a younger better player. Id rather keep ferguson than get Delaney.

kalsaint
Club Player

Re: trade rumours

Megamaguire wrote:I hope the recruiters are hot on the trail of a KP backman who can reliably pass and make good decisions.
I would not wait on Sam Gilbert to 'make it' as a KP defender. I'm not knocking Sam as i think he can keep improving as a valuable tall. I just haven't seen improvement in his disposal and if it was up to me i would't bank on it either. Roberton is different but i think the recruiters are right in searching for a big presence and highly skilled defender.

I'm assuming the club has locked in Kelly as best option @ pick 3 if he is available and Aish is gone in the top 2.
If it was Kelly and Aish both available I really wonder which player our recruiters rate higher.
The achievements of Hodge and Judd over Ball over the years since they went 1; 2 & 3 in the same draft worries me a bit here. Letting Judd slide because of shoulder reconstructions is perhaps understandable but would the Saints have picked Hodge over Ball and even Judd over Ball without the shoulder probs?
Not really interested in Betts - partly the expense. Not relying on Gilbert but hoping we land two class acts - a formidable and highly skilled KP Defender and magnificent centre player.

G O S A I N T S !
I thought that Luke Hodge was the Saints preference that year but there weer concerns around Osteo pubis at the time. Hawthorn made the call before the Saints so it became a non event as Ball was selected given that Judd had shoulder reconstructions in earlier years.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I never understand this cost bugger all. TDL cost bugger all but my guess is we could have fluked a younger better player.
People don't understand opportunity cost. Picking up a mediocre player means that a) you waste a spot on your list, and b) you waste an opportunity to pick a kid in the draft. Especially when we won't be competing for the next two years minimum, there's no point rushing to get two tall defenders straight away.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Just on the Shaw thing - and correct me if I'm wrong - but why would GWS give up Adams for Shaw when they could just probably get Shaw through the pre season draft as they did with Bret Thornton last year??

If Collingwood are indeed that desperate to get rid him and can't get a deal done then they would have to delist him and then GWS could swoop for nothing

All Shaw has to say is that GWS is his absolute preferred club and Melbourne will back down and GWS get him for nothing and stuff Collingwood.

Is this a possibility??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Just heard from a mate that has decent connections to SEN that Dal Santo is as good as gone to North and has been for a few weeks - Delaney is in the trade and they are only haggling over draft picks

Take from that what you will - 2nd hand information but likely to be reliable but who knows :wink:

amusingname
Club Player

Pretty sure shaw has a contract for next year, both parties have agreed that a trade is for the best. If they don't do a trade, he will still be at Collingwood next year.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

lets get 5 then. One good defender is better than wasting a pick on a player who is getting an and done nothing. if we get smashed in the midfield it wont matter who we have down back and we are wasting a pick on someone who has done nothing. If we had many picks id get 5 of them but we dont have many picks. We need mids and then more mids and then more mids again.

I never understand this cost bugger all. TDL cost bugger all but my guess is we could have fluked a younger better player. Id rather keep ferguson than get Delaney.
We need KPB not flankers, I would rather cut Gwilt or Simpkin and get Delaney, Ferguson will struggle ever to be a KPB....
I would say it won't cost us a pick, but it may get Dal to north and we get their second round pick...might cost us a ledger or a Lever...
Have you even seen him play?
One of the reasons the Hawks lost a GF last year because they had no KPB depth, you need it, it will transform our structure immediately.
Delaney is no good, but a number of clubs enquired and north has another contract on the table, must be a number of terrible list managers going around....

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

amusingname wrote:Pretty sure shaw has a contract for next year, both parties have agreed that a trade is for the best. If they don't do a trade, he will still be at Collingwood next year.
Cheers - damn it!!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I never understand this cost bugger all. TDL cost bugger all but my guess is we could have fluked a younger better player.
People don't understand opportunity cost. Picking up a mediocre player means that a) you waste a spot on your list, and b) you waste an opportunity to pick a kid in the draft. Especially when we won't be competing for the next two years minimum, there's no point rushing to get two tall defenders straight away.
Yes there is, otherwise we will play youngsters out of their depth or flankers in key spots and kill them.
If we need certain player types, get them, especially when they are the right age and need development....
It takes time for defence to gel together, it will take both 18 months to develop into good AFL players if they ever do....
The argument for TDL I agree with, as his type is well covered already...don't get that argument with players we desperately lack...

Witeout23
Club Player

Saying on SEN now that Nick could go , that's Riewoldt not Dal Santo

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Witeout23 wrote:Saying on SEN now that Nick could go , that Riewoldt not Dal Santo
Collingwood have apparently heard that Rooey is getable.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
Witeout23 wrote:Saying on SEN now that Nick could go , that Riewoldt not Dal Santo
Collingwood have apparently heard that Rooey is getable.
Been listening to the List Manager and Barrett on trade radio and his name has not been mentioned once.