Finey on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Finey on SEN

Sorry 16th :( :( :oops:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Finey called me once. He speaks to you like he is on the Radio. The guy has no capacity to listen. He also has a big mouth.

He talks sh!t and that's why he's good for radio.
:D :D
Sounds intriguing

Majority
Club Player

There is a weekly show called The TV Freak
The TV Freak is Scott Goodings.
Scott has a wide knowledge of everything tv.

But Mark Fine constantly interrupts Scott.

This also happens on other segments, the only person who gives him a challenge is Stephen J. Peak.

The reason for him always having the "J" in the middle goes back to his school days.
The teacher was calling the roll.
She called out Peak's name and instead of calling S Peak, she said Speak.
She tried to stop him, but like many since, she failed.
From then on she read his name out with the middle initial.

Peaky has not stopped speaking ever since. :D

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Who's going to guide us to 15th next year if he is poached :(

"Me and Richo got it covered"

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
BelfastSaint wrote:Rumour on BF (please note RUMOUR) re Scott Watters
In WA interviewing with Eagles.
St Kilda considering extending contract by 2 years, relationship not good with Pelchin and Nettlefold, if not extended by 2 years and West Coast offer contract will accept that.
I really doubt it.
I heard the same thing a few weeks back that he would be interested in the Wet Toast job if it became available so this rumour/news does not surprise and will probably please a few on here

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
BelfastSaint wrote:Rumour on BF (please note RUMOUR) re Scott Watters
In WA interviewing with Eagles.
St Kilda considering extending contract by 2 years, relationship not good with Pelchin and Nettlefold, if not extended by 2 years and West Coast offer contract will accept that.
I really doubt it.
Who's going to guide us to 15th next year if he is poached :(
Exactly.

Watters is going ok, not great but ok notwithstanding confusing game plan and recruiting.

I did predict last year that WC would poach Watters from us once he had us up an running just like Freo did with Lyon.

I could be completely wrong about this.

LURVE the above quote: "relationship not good with Pelchin and Nettlefold"

"if not extended by 2 years and West Coast offer contract will accept that"

Why would Watters be wanting a two year contract if the relationship with the CEO and the Head of Football were not great?

Logical question?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Finey called me once. He speaks to you like he is on the Radio. The guy has no capacity to listen. He also has a big mouth.

Sounds intriguing
Long story Con but in 2008 I sent an email to Finey about his attitude towards St Kilda which started a email and text exchange between us about the Saints.

He admitted to me that he has a conflict of interest and is basically s s@ft c**k when it come to the matter of broadcasting and baracking for the Saints. Nothing too earth shattering really.

He used to make a point of reading my texts out and referring to me as his good friend which I found amusing.

We were going to meet up in person but it did not eventuate.

Don't get me wrong. I like Finey. He is a good guy. He's fairly ethical but he's human and he is conflicted.

But god, he loves talking.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Teflon wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
No mate of mine...and you protest just a little too much...are you the type I speak of that gets sucked in by the media?
Teflon wrote: I guess so Firey - are you one of those that hides behind:
"It's all part of the big media strategy that you simple folk aren't smart enough to work out?"

I find people resort to these type defenses when they realise their "buddy" is really just a bit of a knob...
hmm you are a bit slow on the uptake Tef..I have already stated I have nothing to do with the guy and I don't listen to SEN and why would I hide behind something I don't take as seriously as you do?

You admit you get sucked in by the media, that's a positive, you may be able to turn that around.
I don't listen to SEN and like you are posting on an Internet forum - how does that equate to "being sucked in"??

Keep back peddling the whole "Finey's playing us all can't we see it" is looking thin..as others have suggested just change your nic to Fineman...

“Yeah….nah””
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Majority wrote:There is a weekly show called The TV Freak
The TV Freak is Scott Goodings.
Scott has a wide knowledge of everything tv.

But Mark Fine constantly interrupts
Maybe they could swap jobs.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Who's backpedalling ??you're the one that admitted to being sucked in by the media

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Who's backpedalling ??you're the one that admitted to being sucked in by the media
I did? Do show me Finey I'm keen to be enlightened given you are the only one who "gets the bigger picture" while all us mere mortals are sucked in...

“Yeah….nah””
asiu
Saintsational Legend

[/quote]
Who's going to guide us to 15th next year if he is poached :([/quote]

:)

give that ex melb coach the job
... he knows the caper.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I did? Do show me Finey I'm keen to be enlightened given you are the only one who "gets the bigger picture" while all us mere mortals are sucked in...
The Fireman wrote:No mate of mine...and you protest just a little too much...are you the type I speak of that gets sucked in by the media?
Teflon wrote: I guess so Firey -
You say you see dumb people...inthe mirror ? :wink:

PS after this conversation I don't class you as a mere mortal Teffers.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I heard a disturbing story last night from a close mate (who is also a mad saints supporter) who is an assistant coach at a local footy club where the senior coach is a well connected former AFL player - and a bit of a lad in his playing days.

He claims to have it on good authority that young Dusty turned up to our Mad Monday, but wasn't planning on staying long. Just needed to drop 'something' off for a couple of boys (sadly one very high profile player in particular) who had been partying a bit too hard since the last game..... Dusty saw the media and got the hell out of there.

Ties in nicely as to why Watters wouldn't want him anywhere near the club.

For obvious reasons I can't reveal the sources so ppl can make of it what they like.

On another note.....From my mate - you shouldn't be surprised who uses rec drugs in the AFL world. Most of them would only indulge a few times a year and very few are regular users.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: On another note.....From my mate - you shouldn't be surprised who uses rec drugs in the AFL world. Most of them would only indulge a few times a year and very few are regular users.
It's why I'm so dismissive of the AFL's illicit drugs policy.
I don't believe for one second that their annual 'report card' of positive tests is reflective of the usage by AFL players.
I've heard too many stories of players 'out and about' after games to believe the 'fairy tale' that a miniscule number AFL players imbibe when society in general (in a similar age group) has a far greater percentage of usage.
And of course the fact that a player, so addicted that he required a number of stays in rehab, never tested positive under this 'world's best practice drug testing regime'

It has become my opinion that the AFL have instituted a drug testing program designed not to catch anyone and that those that do get caught are just simply morons.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

No doubt in my mind some players take this stuff .
I'd guess at at 10% at each club.
There is so much going on at footy clubs these days .
They are complex businesses and social webs .
That's why the whole sack the coach thing annoys me because it is a super simplification
Melbourne sacked Bailey but really only now have they come to terms with the fact that they need a wholesale review of the whole place . That's why the afl stepped and they got in Peter Jackson and got rid of Cameron Schwabb.
It's also why fineys rant over semantics at a b and f are moronic.
The hawks don't respect their gf runners up.
They consider it a tragedy. Yet Finey wants brass statues and lifelong contracts for our runner up Heros.
Finey f*** off.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:No doubt in my mind some players take this stuff .
There is so much going on at footy clubs these days .
They are complex businesses and social webs .
That's why the whole sack the coach thing annoys me because it is a super simplification
Melbourne sacked Bailey but really only now have they come to terms with the fact that they need a wholesale review of the whole place . That's why the afl stepped and they got in Peter Jackson and got rid of Cameron Schwabb.
It's also why fineys rant over semantics at a b and f are moronic.
The hawks don't respect their gf runners up.
They consider it a tragedy. Yet Finey wants brass statues and lifelong contracts for our runner up Heros.
Finey f*** off.

People want simple answers these days. that's why saying stop the boats and crap can get you elected. We want instant gratification not hard work and anyone that can offer us a simplistic answer and blame someone else gets attention.

if I was to find a scape goat for why we aren't going so well it's the boat people, We were going well until they started arriving in huge numbers. They never buy memberships either.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:No doubt in my mind some players take this stuff .
Well this former AFL player who still gets out and about..... reckons that the figure would be more like 80% of from each club would indulge in illicit substances at some time during the year. My mate who coaches with him in the top division of the local league, reckons the same amount of players at their club would probably do the same. Easier to recover from than alcohol and doesn't put the weight on are the common excuses.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I don't doubt you moods although I reckon people who do indulge like to exaggerate about others doing it to make themselves feel more normal and less guilty. That's natural. So I reckon 80% sounds a bit much.

But anyways I believe in individual training program's for players but I don't believe that big name players should be cut slack on disciplinary stuff . If you know of senior players taking stuff then the young players will know for sure. We can't have it as a norm at our club . I know players aren't robots and need to relax. I also know alcohol is no better than some other stuff . But I also don't want a club where rat bags and dealers and party freaks are running the joint.
Happy to piss them off now. We are at a vulnerable stage of development with a heap of young kids. We don't need party dick heads at the club.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I heard a disturbing story last night from a close mate (who is also a mad saints supporter) who is an assistant coach at a local footy club where the senior coach is a well connected former AFL player - and a bit of a lad in his playing days.

He claims to have it on good authority that young Dusty turned up to our Mad Monday, but wasn't planning on staying long. Just needed to drop 'something' off for a couple of boys (sadly one very high profile player in particular) who had been partying a bit too hard since the last game..... Dusty saw the media and got the hell out of there.

Ties in nicely as to why Watters wouldn't want him anywhere near the club.

it happened...been reported elsewhere....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

People want simple answers these days. that's why saying stop the boats and crap can get you elected. We want instant gratification not hard work and anyone that can offer us a simplistic answer and blame someone else gets attention.

if I was to find a scape goat for why we aren't going so well it's the boat people, We were going well until they started arriving in huge numbers. They never buy memberships either.
never ever likely to either....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Moods wrote: On another note.....From my mate - you shouldn't be surprised who uses rec drugs in the AFL world. Most of them would only indulge a few times a year and very few are regular users.
It's why I'm so dismissive of the AFL's illicit drugs policy.
I don't believe for one second that their annual 'report card' of positive tests is reflective of the usage by AFL players.
I've heard too many stories of players 'out and about' after games to believe the 'fairy tale' that a miniscule number AFL players imbibe when society in general (in a similar age group) has a far greater percentage of usage.
And of course the fact that a player, so addicted that he required a number of stays in rehab, never tested positive under this 'world's best practice drug testing regime'

It has become my opinion that the AFL have instituted a drug testing program designed not to catch anyone and that those that do get caught are just simply morons.
Also, let's not forget that Demetriou admitted that "A Number" of players were "Stood Down" for varying periods in 2012 for illicit drug use !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Sounds intriguing
Fine is a classic f**kwit, however, some luv him, but, those that aren't SEN lovers are sensible and realistic and take him for what he is, IMHFO.. :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote: Also, let's not forget that Demetriou admitted that "A Number" of players were "Stood Down" for varying periods in 2012 for illicit drug use !!
I missed that, Eastern, when did he say that?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Teflon wrote:I did? Do show me Finey I'm keen to be enlightened given you are the only one who "gets the bigger picture" while all us mere mortals are sucked in...
The Fireman wrote:No mate of mine...and you protest just a little too much...are you the type I speak of that gets sucked in by the media?
Teflon wrote: I guess so Firey -
You say you see dumb people...inthe mirror ? :wink:

PS after this conversation I don't class you as a mere mortal Teffers.
Sorry Fineman what have we all missed tonight??

Let me guess, the "bigger picture" that you have a firm grasp on again?

I'd suggest that's not the only thing you firmly grasping...

Stay tuned to the radio - your best friend might shout you a cheerio!

“Yeah….nah””