Finey on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Finey on SEN

falka wrote:Sounds like he knows more but not giving it all away. Should have gone whole hog then.
Let me guess.
-Fisher not happy about Watters not wanting his mate Martyn
-Milne not happy about his"retirement"

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I'm with SainterK on this.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:I know Finey personally (not well in the sense of a mate, but we have mutual friends. He is a passionate and loyal Saints man, he does get some inside info and he's no dill.
+1
That's what has always been wrong with St Kilda, big noting public figures with so called loyalty as their banner airing dirty laundry in public, individualism at its worst.

Have lost all respect for the bloke, will never listen to the tosser again.

Greg T
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:So Watters disrespected Lyon, that was his great sin?
Runs heaps deeper than that.Listen properly .
Watters will never achieve what Ross Lyon did anyway.
That's more than obvious.

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I've heard from a mutual friend who plays at the Saints and pretty much what Finey said is what I believe is true. Not a great time down there. Also everything you hear in the media is pretty much not exactly how it is behind the scenes. The club isint perfect..

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:I know Finey personally (not well in the sense of a mate, but we have mutual friends. He is a passionate and loyal Saints man, he does get some inside info and he's no dill.
+1
That's what has always been wrong with St Kilda, big noting public figures with so called loyalty as their banner airing dirty laundry in public, individualism at its worst.

Have lost all respect for the bloke, will never listen to the tosser again.
that is a fair point. but who were the others? and surely biased media presenters in the past have done the same?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

In reality, no flags and a horribly decaying list isn't really what I'd want Watters to achieve.

FQF
SS Life Member

I wonder if this will wash over.

He sounded adamant, hesitant but still 100% convinced. Having said that, he didn't exactly present much evidence.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:I've heard from a mutual friend who plays at the Saints and pretty much what Finey said is what I believe is true. Not a great time down there. Also everything you hear in the media is pretty much not exactly how it is behind the scenes. The club isint perfect..
As distinct from the "golden Lyon era" where everything WAS perfect!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

OK so the players make a video saying theyare drawing a line in the sand.

But half of them hate the coach and want him out.

Good, that whole unity thing lasted a long time.

Its not the stkilday you want and its not the stkilda we want. So lets sack the coach.

Great, cant wait to sign up again.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:I've heard from a mutual friend who plays at the Saints and pretty much what Finey said is what I believe is true. Not a great time down there. Also everything you hear in the media is pretty much not exactly how it is behind the scenes. The club isint perfect..
I'd say out of 18 clubs, probably 3-4 are on the up and the rest are either one to years away from decline, or already on a serious decline.

It's called footy.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
I shouldn't being be doing this because I may be wasting my time and you just aren't intellectually up to this but didn't you percieve Watters to be putting the club as a whole down in his comments?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Get serious though, how could our club, right now, be happy,

We're at least 1 - 2 years from showing any promise. And it won't be until then that there's any joy down at Seaford.

It's called footy. What do you expect?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

So it sounds like Watters is wanting to move Dal on Fisher on. That's going to make a lot of people on here happy.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

mullet wrote:OK so the players make a video saying theyare drawing a line in the sand.

But half of them hate the coach and want him out.

Good, that whole unity thing lasted a long time.

Its not the stkilday you want and its not the stkilda we want. So lets sack the coach.

Great, cant wait to sign up again.
That's St. Kilda for ya!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:Get serious though, how could our club, right now, be happy,

We're at least 1 - 2 years from showing any promise. And it won't be until then that there's any joy down at Seaford.

It's called footy. What do you expect?
Ask Travis Boak how he liked being at port last year...

It's rock bottom right now.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Finey has never been much good at building us up. He is the only fan of the club I have ever seen to bad mouth us at every turn. He publicly bashed Raph constantly, bagged Gilbert whines about our incompetence at attracting sponsors and our running.

He is your classic with friends like these who needs enemy type. he might be a Saints fan but does us no good. it is public destabilisation when we need to attract sponsors and members. What is he going to do but bag the next coach unless he approves.

Toxic person to have spruiking your club is old Finey. His schtick is stirring up people coming home from the footy and working them up so they do their block then telling them they are idiots and hanging up on them.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:
I shouldn't being be doing this because I may be wasting my time and you just aren't intellectually up to this but didn't you percieve Watters to be putting the club as a whole down in his comments?
I consider him to be challenging everybody to be better!
Not getting carried away with individual achievements many of which were garnered at the expense of group success.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Finey has never been much good at building us up. He is the only fan of the club I have ever seen to bad mouth us at every turn. He publicly bashed Raph constantly, bagged Gilbert whines about our incompetence at attracting sponsors and our running.

He is your classic with friends like these who needs enemy type. he might be a Saints fan but does us no good. it is public destabilisation when we need to attract sponsors and members. What is he going to do but bag the next coach unless he approves.

Toxic person to have spruiking your club is old Finey. His schtick is stirring up people coming home from the footy and working them up so they do their block then telling them they are idiots and hanging up on them.
How many times has he nominated for the board?

mullet
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Finey has never been much good at building us up. He is the only fan of the club I have ever seen to bad mouth us at every turn. He publicly bashed Raph constantly, bagged Gilbert whines about our incompetence at attracting sponsors and our running.

Got the job because he used to hang around the same TAB as Russell Gilbert.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:
I love the Saints. Always have.

But in modern sport, dudes are hired as professionals - not as club men. He may hate the Saints, Lyon may have gated the Saints - it's irrelevant in modern sport. They're hired to win games and ultimately flags.

It's why Malthouse ends up at Carlton, and why the Cornes brothers played at Port - it's a profession. Simple.

As a professional, which is Watters is paid to be, he is absolutey correct in his assessment of the club. People on here would have bronze statue of Ross Lyon erected at Seaford if they could - for losing two GFs FFS!

I love the Saints, always have. But as a sport in the 21st century, there is surely zero expectation that an incumbent player, coach, administrator shows emotion to the club he's coming in to!

There's a huge chance they spent the best part of their own sporting life hating and trying to demoralise the Saints anyway! Why would that change? They're hired to win. Most wouldn't give a f*** who they're coaching - it's their job.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

This guys an AFL apologist and flog if the highest

IF you are on radio IF you are coming out making grand statements like Sack Scott Watters Now then do us all a favour (and don't treat Saints fans like idiots) and back up such outlandish claims with at least 1 Fact!!

His main gripe?? Scott Watters said the club accepts mediocrity - sure under Lyon we played well and reached highs BUT the fact remains we still have 1 flag in over 100 years... that's not mediocre that's abysmal!

“Yeah….nah””
mullet
Saintsational Legend

People on here would have bronze statue of Ross Lyon erected at Seaford if they could - for losing two GFs FFS!
Kind of makes his comments about accepting mediocrity as true

GRAMophone
Club Player

Gees he doesn't mind hurting the club Finey. How could that rant possibly be helpful to the club regardless if there is some credibility to it?

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
Sobraz
SS Life Member

mullet wrote:

Got the job because he used to hang around the same TAB as Russell Gilbert.
still does... pretty much nightly.