Who the HELL????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mordi
Club Player

Re: Who the HELL????

Great response from the club and players to this idiotic episode.

Maybe some good comes out of this - i.e. the players will start behaving like ;

a) Elite athletes,
b) Professionals,
c) Employees subject to usual standards that apply to the rest of us when representing the organisation that pays us.

What's the Point of it All?
Kickit
Club Player

mullet wrote:Had heard the story about Daniel Rich earlier today so went on herald sun website to see what the go is.

First I found "Saints sorry for Monday Madness" accompanied by a picture of stkilda players training.

Further down I find"Disabled man tells of AFL star attack" with a picture of a person in a wheel chair.

Sorry but why isnt the Brisbane lions name, and brand featured everywhere as ours was earlier this week.

And the apology from our players features ahead of this.

Wish we were afforded the same
Maybe its the "Saints" name that gets them going.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Here's another reference:
http://www.ccdonline.ca/en/humanrights/ ... r/2000/05b
"One study, for example, published in the American Journal of Forensic Medicine & Pathology found that twenty five per cent of people with cerebral palsy who underwent autopsy had been murdered."

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:Here's another reference:
"One study, for example, published in the American Journal of Forensic Medicine & Pathology found that twenty five per cent of people with cerebral palsy who underwent autopsy had been murdered."
That's quite low isn't seeing as wouldn't 100% of cerebral palsy sufferers that were murdered undergo an autopsy?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
That's quite low isn't seeing as wouldn't 100% of cerebral palsy sufferers that were murdered undergo an autopsy?

Or possibly out of the 4 that underwent an autopsy one was murdered?

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

get off this site... go harass the Brions for their discrimination against a poor wheel chair bound fellow. Quick Quick before it blows over.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

mullet wrote:Had heard the story about Daniel Rich earlier today so went on herald sun website to see what the go is.

First I found "Saints sorry for Monday Madness" accompanied by a picture of stkilda players training.

Further down I find"Disabled man tells of AFL star attack" with a picture of a person in a wheel chair.

Sorry but why isnt the Brisbane lions name, and brand featured everywhere as ours was earlier this week.

And the apology from our players features ahead of this.

Wish we were afforded the same
yep standard beat it up to high hell when the saints step out of line... Fraaking so sick of the media vultures.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Mark reminds me of those radical feminists that wanted the whole language changed to get rid of the word man, i.e chairperson, wymin etc.
No doubt well intentioned but get caught up in their own agenda and see discrimination where none exists,
Kind of "boy that cried wolf" situation where legitimate concerns get lost in the murkiness of their dogmatic pronouncements on things like semantics!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I wonder which Lucky American Saint supporter refused to speak to the CEO when he was rung....

and the Rich story has been debunked by many---- as would someof the saints story if the socail media hasn;'t gotten hold of it.

Check for the facts first.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

So Markintheusa did you recieve a phone call from our CEO Michael Nettlefold and if so, what was the gist of the conversation, can I ask?

And were you prepared to accept his apology on behalf of the St Kilda Football Club?

The_Merchant
Club Player

Here's a question for the "little person". Is it true that after being "lit on fire" you asked for the lighter then proceeded to continue the fun by lighting the shirt of one of the footballers? Not all is as it seems.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
saint6
Club Player

no the american supporter was far too busy and "upset" to take the call apparently.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I won't be sharing any conversation I have with anyone at the club.

But I will say I fear for the moral compass of some people here. <edit for privacy> I wonder if Hitler had played for the Saints, would you be a Holocaust denier?

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

markinUSA wrote:I won't be sharing any conversation I have with anyone at the club.

But I will say I fear for the moral compass of some people here. Gail, I wonder if Hitler had played for the Saints, would you be a Holocaust denier?
I actually think you should share your conversation with the club.

That way we'll have both sides of the incident.

If they rang you to try and either apologise or explain what the club has decided to do with the players, why not say so just as others have on this forum.

In relation to your response to Gail please don't turn this into a personal issue by trying compare "apples to oranges" one isolated but stupid incident to one of the darkest episodes in history.
Last edited by ozrulestrace on Sun 08 Sep 2013 10:58am, edited 1 time in total.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

markinUSA wrote:But I will say I fear for the moral compass of some people here. Gail, I wonder if Hitler had played for the Saints, would you be a Holocaust denier?
And it took 30 pages, but please, everyone, would you all please rise and welcome our guest speaker, Godwin's Law !!!

I previously assumed markinUSA to be a dogmatic, vociferous zealot. I now assume him to be a ridiculous and distasteful moron.

reductio ad hitlerum

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:I won't be sharing any conversation I have with anyone at the club.

But I will say I fear for the moral compass of some people here. Gail, I wonder if Hitler had played for the Saints, would you be a Holocaust denier?
You're comparing Clint Jones to Hitler. Do you think that's a bit of a stretch?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

kosifantutti wrote:You're comparing Clint Jones to Hitler. Do you think that's a bit of a stretch?
Absolutely - Hitler could kick off both feet.......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:

You're comparing Clint Jones to Hitler. Do you think that's a bit of a stretch?

New record. 30 pages before with hit Godwin's law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

But with an absolute zealot and extremist in this thread was always going to happen.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:You're comparing Clint Jones to Hitler. Do you think that's a bit of a stretch?
Hitler would have loved Clint's blonde hair.

So there you have it, markintheusa thinks Clint Jones is the perp of the holocaust.

OMFG :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Kickit
Club Player

So are we suggesting that Dwarves are like people with Cerebrel Palsy?
Or that anyone with a disability is the same as anyone else with a disability?
So if my little finger is chopped of I'll be in the same category as someone in a vegetive stage?

Predudice is largely caused by generalisation, and you are the person most guilty of generialising on this thread.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
Would give a whole new meaning to this place :shock:

<edited highly offensive image that causes enormous distress to posters who's families were impacted by Hitler's policies>

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:. Gail, I wonder if Hitler had played for the Saints, would you be a Holocaust denier?
So it therefore follows that if Hitler had been disabled you would be defending him.

All is revealed eventually.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
markinUSA
SS Life Member

I didn't connect Clint to the Holocaust.
What I said is that given the absolute lack of ethics I've seen from so many people (both in messages and on the Board) I have lost all faith in this group of people's morals. And I said that I wondered what degree Gail's apologism for the club would extend.
It's ironic that people are now complaining of personal attacks: few such concerns have been raised with all the hostility directed towards me.
And it is doubly ironic that the term "moron" is directed towards me; a term soaked in disability history, as a way of devaluing people with cognitive impairments.

And given that I have such a low opinion of so many of you, and vice-versa, why on earth would I share my conversations with any club officials with you people?

(For the record, Hitler's regime started with the mass killing of disabled people. And disability abuse and disability hate today still falls back on references to Social Darwinism... even some of the direct messages/social media responses I've got have made reference to disabled people being parasites, useless, and so on... my opponents brought Hitler in to the discussions, not me).

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote: So it therefore follows that if Hitler had been disabled you would be defending him.
Does being able to only grow half a moustache count? :wink:

PJ
SS Life Member

mordi wrote:Great response from the club and players to this idiotic episode.

Maybe some good comes out of this - i.e. the players will start behaving like ;

a) Elite athletes,
b) Professionals,
c) Employees subject to usual standards that apply to the rest of us when representing the organisation that pays us.
Mordi I'm not sure that they were representing the organization. In fact I'm pretty sure this is their own time unless they are employed 24/7

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.