Sick of these scandals at this club!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sick of these scandals at this club!

Johnny Member wrote:I think the club should just embrace it.

Give the media and the public what they want! Let it all hang out! Let, nay insist, the players go feral every weekend and become the genuine party club!

Why not? When we behave, we cop s*** anyway - so why not just stop fighting it?!
Yes, in this entertainment business, we fill a niche, and it wouldn't matter if the club cured cancer, tony jones would be slobbering through his preposterous dentures something to the effect of 'what is going on down there?...'

We have been typecast and we live down to it beautifully. Taser the koalas I say.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:You may find the admin come down pretty hard this time. Don't think you will see a drink in any players hand at the B&F and there may be some adjustments to a few of the players overseas destinations. Coming down hard this time.

I was so happy to be there last year and see the team relaxed- NOT overdrinking But relaxed and smiling-
I'm saddened that this latest issue will once again caste a pall over what should be a night of celebration- even though we aren't high on the ladder- it is a year of achievment for many.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The incident started because the school girl initially claimed Gilbert had spoken to her at footy clinic and then she later said he got her pregnant. There would have been no story whatsoever if it was just about having sex with a girl because my guess is that happens about 5000 times a year with footballers and girls.

If there was no footy clinic and no bulls*** pregnancy do you honestly think anyone would have ran a story with a heading like Girl has sex with a saints footballer?
Considering Collingwood are the biggest club in the land and any story sells papers I find it impossible to believe that Beams was just conveniently left out of these stories…

Duthie accused him of raping her, and I understand her credibility is zero but the news outlets went with everything she said about us and Nixon, Beams had the luxury of being known as 'a player from another victorian based club'

Beams has been involved with rape allegations & the school girl drama, things that we have been absolutely fried with over the years… but you would barely know about Beams/Collingwood. It's not just dumb luck, it's power and money.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The incident started because the school girl initially claimed Gilbert had spoken to her at footy clinic and then she later said he got her pregnant. There would have been no story whatsoever if it was just about having sex with a girl because my guess is that happens about 5000 times a year with footballers and girls.

If there was no footy clinic and no bulls*** pregnancy do you honestly think anyone would have ran a story with a heading like Girl has sex with a saints footballer?
Considering Collingwood are the biggest club in the land and any story sells papers I find it impossible to believe that Beams was just conveniently left out of these stories…

Duthie accused him of raping her, and I understand her credibility is zero but the news outlets went with everything she said about us and Nixon, Beams had the luxury of being known as 'a player from another victorian based club'

Beams has been involved with rape allegations & the school girl drama, things that we have been absolutely fried with over the years… but you would barely know about Beams/Collingwood. It's not just dumb luck, it's power and money.
If I recall correctly, when the schoolgirl thing first came out, the HS ran with 'two AFL clubs were involved, one declined to be named.' ('paraphrasing')
I wonder if the Saints were afforded that opportunity?
I think that perhaps David Galbally makes it all go away for colonwood, but coincidentally, didn't he "investigate" the incident on behalf of the AFLPA?

I am pretty sure that he represented dayne beams when a girl (originally) claimed to have been raped by two colonwood players (although that claim was amended to 'felt pressured into having sex') the night of the 2010 GF.
In the end, only one of beams' mates (that didn't play for colonwood) was charged, and was represented by Galbally.
read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/the-com ... 2inhd.html

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Kickit
Club Player

This guy (Justin )?'s parents had to sell their home to pay for the David Galbally bill, when he was originally lead to believe it was all being dealt with by Collingwood.
Deals and crap everywhere. The Milne Montagna event was sordid, and if not rape was no doubt very humiliating and degrading for the girl involved.
But this travesty was worse.
It is February 13, 2012, day one of Justin's trial. He sits silently in the dock, watching as his barrister, the prosecutor and the judge weave a special kind of magic - a triangle of dialogue peppered with mysterious numbers and references.

"You can't isolate 200 from 201," says one lawyer. "It flows from 199." The three men in the triangle are trying to untangle the events on the evening of Collingwood's premiership win. How to separate whatever occurred between Justin and Sarah in an alleyway from the incident in the bedroom of the South Melbourne townhouse? How to stem the flow of the bedroom narrative into the alleyway? Where did the narrative of the trial begin, how did it end, and what to do with the middle? How to question witnesses without them slipping up and revealing to jurors that there was more to the night than a solitary rape complaint?

It is a strange thing to watch. It is as if the defence counsel, the prosecutor and the judge are getting their story straight before presenting it to the jury. I can't quite go along with them. How could they unravel the sequence of events without losing the complexity of what is being assessed? Or is that the point - to keep it simple for a jury? Are they hollowing out the truth by excising a part of the night, or making the truth sharper, easier to see?

Chris Ryan, SC, the Crown prosecutor, is saying, "303 Dorcas Street, a place which I do not wish to go," referring to the South Melbourne townhouse and the events in the bedroom. Judge Mark Taft agrees: "This would be a much more confined trial and have less problematic issues attached to it if the issues were narrowed ..."

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

It's clearly the Saints' fault.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I hate wheel chairs

Kickit
Club Player

satchmo wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:I think the club should just embrace it.

Give the media and the public what they want! Let it all hang out! Let, nay insist, the players go feral every weekend and become the genuine party club!

Why not? When we behave, we cop s*** anyway - so why not just stop fighting it?!
Yes, in this entertainment business, we fill a niche, and it wouldn't matter if the club cured cancer, tony jones would be slobbering through his preposterous dentures something to the effect of 'what is going on down there?...'

We have been typecast and we live down to it beautifully. Taser the koalas I say.
Damn it , if the team had been "party animals" during the end of 2008 and start of 2009 the whole of the AFL would have been emulating them by the end of the season.

PaytonPlace
Club Player

We made Popbitch this week....
>> Small fry <<
Scandal at St Kilda

Last weekend, at their end-of-season
party, Clinton Jones of the St Kilda
Saints Aussie Rules Football Club,
set fire to a dwarf. A dwarf they'd
hired to amuse them as they got
twatted. Still, if any club
should know how to handle a PR
disaster, it's St Kilda.

Already this summer they've seen
veteran player Stephen Milne in
court on rape charges. And of
course they're the team that made
the news a couple of years back
for a long-running sex scandal
that you may remember. A local
schoolgirl had a fling with star
player Sam Gilbert. When he
dumped her she released nude
photos of him and his team mates.
When his agent tried to sort it
all out, she claimed his very
professional way of dealing with
it was through gak-fuelled shagging.

Dealing with a charred little
person should be child's play.

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
older saint
SS Life Member

Good News Brisbane players pushes person from wheelchair - big chance to get off the back page!

PaytonPlace
Club Player

older saint wrote:Good News Brisbane players pushes person from wheelchair - big chance to get off the back page!
I've been told by some people that the allegations are all a bit rich...if you can see my subtle hinting!

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We need to stop playing the victim 'Oh we get picked on' crap.

The fact is CJ did set fire to a dwarf and setting fire to people just aint that funny as a prank.
Secondly I think Milne will get off but reality is he has been charged with rape.
Reality is we did get out smarted by a schoolgirl that players met a school footy clinic - a failure of the club and the school. Who thought that was a good idea in the first place?
Reality is Lovett was a Saints listed player when he was charged with rape.
We need to face some facts and stop playing the victim.

Kickit
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:We need to stop playing the victim 'Oh we get picked on' crap.

The fact is CJ did set fire to a dwarf and setting fire to people just aint that funny as a prank.
Secondly I think Milne will get off but reality is he has been charged with rape.
Reality is we did get out smarted by a schoolgirl that players met a school footy clinic - a failure of the club and the school. Who thought that was a good idea in the first place?
I really don't like the "outsmarted" by a schoolgirl line.
I'm not sure which parts of her actions could be considered "smart".
She was simply young enough to get away with actions that other people would have found themselves in enormous legal trouble with.
You don't have to be smart to embarrass someone, I do it to my children all the time without even thinking about it.

( I will admit she outsmarted Ricky Nixon , but my dog could outsmart Ricky Nixon ).

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:We need to stop playing the victim 'Oh we get picked on' crap.

I can't see anything wrong with how we handled Lovett?
He was on the list for 2 months, in that time was D&D... Given a last warning... Then the rape charge a month later... Exited out of the club.
We deserve our pick back for the false 'goods' Essendon sold us.

We are pretty damn unfortunate that he was on our list when it all happened, but none of it could possibly be linked to our club or culture.

He was never a St Kilda player, barely even had a training session with us.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con, just a few months ago you were imploring our club to go out and do whatever was necessary to snare Daniel Rich from the Brisbane Lions.

You referred to him as a future captain of the Saints.

That's not looking like a "wheelie" good call at the moment is it? :wink:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Con, just a few months ago you were imploring our club to go out and do whatever was necessary to snare Daniel Rich from the Brisbane Lions.

Thats a slight exaggeration!
I said I wouldn't mind him and I though he was connected to SW.
I certainly never considered him a captain or saviour. I was juts being an opportunist at the time when it seemed morale at the Lions was very low.
MarkinUSA is going to explode over this D Rich incident!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Con, just a few months ago you were imploring our club to go out and do whatever was necessary to snare Daniel Rich from the Brisbane Lions.

Thats a slight exaggeration!
I said I wouldn't mind him and I though he was connected to SW.
I certainly never considered him a captain or saviour. I was juts being an opportunist at the time when it seemed morale at the Lions was very low.
Hmmmm :?
Con Gorozidis wrote:Daniel Rich is currently out of contract.

Daniel Rich is from Subiaco

Scott Watters coached Daniel Rich at Subiaco in back to back premierships.

Things cant be happy up at Brisbane

We have a sh*tload of room in our salary cap and are desperate for a midfielder (or 3)

I know its a dream - BUT MAKE IT HAPPEN SAINTS

Hes definitely Captain material

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80609&hilit=Rich

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:This guy (Justin )?'s parents had to sell their home to pay for the David Galbally bill, when he was originally lead to believe it was all being dealt with by Collingwood.
Deals and crap everywhere. The Milne Montagna event was sordid, and if not rape was no doubt very humiliating and degrading for the girl involved.
But this travesty was worse.
It is February 13, 2012, day one of Justin's trial. He sits silently in the dock, watching as his barrister, the prosecutor and the judge weave a special kind of magic - a triangle of dialogue peppered with mysterious numbers and references.

"You can't isolate 200 from 201," says one lawyer. "It flows from 199." The three men in the triangle are trying to untangle the events on the evening of Collingwood's premiership win. How to separate whatever occurred between Justin and Sarah in an alleyway from the incident in the bedroom of the South Melbourne townhouse? How to stem the flow of the bedroom narrative into the alleyway? Where did the narrative of the trial begin, how did it end, and what to do with the middle? How to question witnesses without them slipping up and revealing to jurors that there was more to the night than a solitary rape complaint?

It is a strange thing to watch. It is as if the defence counsel, the prosecutor and the judge are getting their story straight before presenting it to the jury. I can't quite go along with them. How could they unravel the sequence of events without losing the complexity of what is being assessed? Or is that the point - to keep it simple for a jury? Are they hollowing out the truth by excising a part of the night, or making the truth sharper, easier to see?

Chris Ryan, SC, the Crown prosecutor, is saying, "303 Dorcas Street, a place which I do not wish to go," referring to the South Melbourne townhouse and the events in the bedroom. Judge Mark Taft agrees: "This would be a much more confined trial and have less problematic issues attached to it if the issues were narrowed ..."

Not from what I know.

The guy you refer to is a gutless PIG.

he was very dumb as well.

deserved what he got.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.