South Melbourne Keystone Cops

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: South Melbourne Keystone Cops

markinUSA wrote:Midget - the language of disrespect and hate.
He's not a midget. By definition, he's a dwarf. Get it right, you hate-filled, ignorant discriminator! :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Well thanks everyone for your support.

I am very sad that I am not in Melbourne right now. If I was, I would be at St Kilda Football Club tomorrow, with the Clint Jones run-out top I bought through the Saints auctions, when he was first drafted. I would be burning it in public.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:Well thanks everyone for your support.

I am very sad that I am not in Melbourne right now. If I was, I would be at St Kilda Football Club tomorrow, with the Clint Jones run-out top I bought through the Saints auctions, when he was first drafted. I would be burning it in public.

Not with a dwarf inside it i would hope. It was a stupid thing to do but it had nothing to do with the guy being a dwarf as many players had the stupid prank played on them during the day.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The South melbourne cops spent all day reviewing that tape and didn't get it to market quick enough. The media should rehash this tomorrow so they still get their cash or otherwise how will they fund their hiring of dwarves and alcohol at this years christmas party

Buckets
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

Not with a dwarf inside it i would hope. It was a stupid thing to do but it had nothing to do with the guy being a dwarf as many players had the stupid prank played on them during the day.

But it's easier to forget that and claim it as some kind of hate crime Plugger. Haven't you realized that?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

So that's a "hate crime" yeah?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
markinUSA
SS Life Member

That would be a protest, Satchmo, not a hate crime.
Where is the criminal act?
For it to be a hate crime, it would have to be a crime first.
Like, say, setting a person on fire.
Only a total scumbag would do that.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:That would be a protest, Satchmo, not a hate crime.
How many years do you think he'll get?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

So can I ask are you also upset jack Steven clothes were set on fire. The dwarf wasnt set on fire by the way, it was his clothes. Childish, dumb, mad monday stupid.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
How many years do you think he'll get?

a short custodial sentence would do.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like you are expressing a lot of hatred Mark.
I think that Blake will be ok, and it sounds like he has accepted Clint's apology.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
gringo
Saintsational Legend

His dignity was damaged and I could tell by the footage of him dressed as Beyonce and dancing along to "put a ring on it" dignity is very important to him.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:His dignity was damaged and I could tell by the footage of him dressed as Beyonce and dancing along to "put a ring on it" dignity is very important to him.
I hear ya

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
gringo wrote:His dignity was damaged and I could tell by the footage of him dressed as Beyonce and dancing along to "put a ring on it" dignity is very important to him.
I hear ya

I'm with CJ -where's the lighter- somethings just make you want to burn them- midget clowns are one of them.

70s sainter
Club Player

I hope ohio is one of the states that is legalizing marijuana as you need to roll a fat one and chill out a bit.
You could even roll it up in a little saints jumper and burn it down all the way man.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Most people, myself included, seem to think your response to this is a bit over the top.

Ahh to hell with it; way over the top!

We've had "jail the offender", "hate crimes" and now "burn Clint Jones's top"

Anyway, just in case you are on the right track and we've got this all wrong, there is one way you can clarify things. You say you've emailed the victim. Why don't you run these ideas past him and see if he agrees they're both reasonable and warranted?

I may be wrong but I actually think he's probably less offended and less affected by the actions against him than you are.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I have nfi and mark has written a book on it but wouldn't a hate crime be when the primary reason for committing the crime and selecting the victim is on account of some personal characteristic such as race religion or disability ?

I wouldn't think that definition would be met in this case .
If anything it was a crime of inclusion not exclusion .

Sure it was dumb and silly but Blakes identity or status as a little dude wasnt the primary reason for his victim hood.

He was more vulnerable yes but not targeted only treated as equal when maybe more care ought to have been given to his vulnerability. But that seems like something a long way from a hate crime to me.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman

Facts are known now.... It happened

What is your view.... Is it still ok?!

Some of the stuff written on this thread is offensive, and embarrassing for those who wrote it IMO

I just figured out why going to the footy is an unpleasant experience.... When supporting football, people tend to lose their morals (and brains) and are just plain offensive... Seems the same goes for

Being a one eyed loyal passionate supporter, allows you to say anything you want, without having to justifying further than the fact your just supporting your team... It pathetic and the cultural norm

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Do that where you live and you would get shot in a drive by.

Oh and you can apologise whenever you like for being so pathetically and desperately WRONG.

You have made a total fool of yourself.

Stay in the land of 300 million guns and dont lecture the country you have left about morality.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Funny thread, well it started out funny and ended up hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Dr Spaceman

Some of the stuff written on this thread is offensive, and embarrassing for those who wrote it IMO

I just figured out why going to the footy is an unpleasant experience.... When supporting football, people tend to lose their morals (and brains) and are just plain offensive... Seems the same goes for

Being a one eyed loyal passionate supporter, allows you to say anything you want, without having to justifying further than the fact your just supporting your team... It pathetic and the cultural norm
I'm certainly not embarrassed.

I made a point last night that I wouldn't comment until the facts were known.

As posted on another thread, I now know Clint Jones was the culprit and I fully support any and all action the club takes against him.

Now tell me again just why such an approach is such a terrible thing?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

What happened?
BigMart wrote:What is your view.... Is it still ok?!
What happened?
BigMart wrote:Some of the stuff written on this thread is offensive, and embarrassing for those who wrote it IMO
yes kanagaroo Courts are offensive
BigMart wrote:I just figured out why going to the footy is an unpleasant experience
You have to sit with yourself????
BigMart wrote:.... When supporting football, people tend to lose their morals (and brains) and are just plain offensive
You support drug addicts playing at our club and lecture on morals - Yup OK :roll:
BigMart wrote:Being a one eyed loyal passionate supporter, allows you to say anything you want, without having to justifying further than the fact your just supporting your team
Tell us what happened, you have all the facts apparently, who is being charged and with what?
BigMart wrote: It pathetic and the cultural norm
As opposed to supporting drug addicts?

Glass Houses.

Apology accepted as well.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

In case you didn't know JB.... It's been admitted to, there has been an apology issued and responsibility taken... The rest of your silly rant and personal jibes are just typical....

On the old chestnut of BC

Damien Hardwick supported a drug addict? Ross Lyon, Nick Roewoldt and Lenny Hayes were willing to

Many friends and girlfriend support drug addicts

Many parents and family members support drug addicts

Michael Gardiner supported Ben as his best mate, and was probably a user...

Seriously JB, Is that you best argument

Drug addiction is not a moral problem in the fact you're NOT denigrating others, it's a physical and mental sickness in where you are self harming your own health.... How exactly did BC hurt or humiliate anyone at WCE
Bashing woman or humiliating dwarfes are issues of morality and are just a little bit more concerning when judging a character

Drug addicts do rehabilitate, and many have succumbe to substance abbuse... Some very good people unfortunately...

Not sure your point with BC

He was not evil, not an arsehole.... From all reports a pretty funny bloke who was extremely engaging

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

The facts are out and Clint Jones was the culprit however the dwarf victim wasn't the only one that had his clothes burnt and therefore was not victimized for being "disabled" or a dwarf. Other players also had their clothes burnt and, by the sounds of things, had them burnt before the dwarf. No hate crime to see here markinusa.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: I just figured out why going to the footy is an unpleasant experience.... When supporting football, people tend to lose their morals (and brains) and are just plain offensive... Seems the same goes for

Going to the footy has nothing to do with morals, it's a form of entertainment that millions of people enjoy.

And you just don't understand the game, even though you pretend to know every nuance of every player on our list and most other lists.

You are one serious ego BM and maybe it's time you grew up. If you really are a PE teacher, pity the kids at your school.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell