Gold Coast wanting half backs?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gold Coast wanting half backs?

Jarred wrote:
Viking3 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:Surely it has been proven beyond doubt that Gilbert is one of the most important players on our list. He is 194cm tough as nails, lightening quick. He is a GUN. why give him away?
Ridiculous
Because like a number of our players, he has trouble hitting the side of a barn.
Why do think Rooey gets so frustrated? The delivery into the forward, can at times, stink.
Nothing against Gilbo personally, but if the deal is right, we should consider.
Just my opinion.
Thank you Blakey, thank you Kosi and thank you Yapper. You were all appreciated greatly.
Have you watched any of his games since he's come back?! His kicking has been amazing! I dont know if not being able to kick for 3 months was the magic trick but something worked! :shock:
I can still picture 2 clangers off his left foot against Freo and that's only a couple of days ago, 1 was because he has no right side, anyway, you guys know what your talking about so i'll ignore
any mistakes he makes and try and understand the game better, the ball not going where it was intended is all part of the game.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert, a gun?

Really.... I see him as useful player... A player with some weakness and some attributes.... Not a KPP or a Medium

Although, on last game and the few weeks since returning... He seems bigger and stronger... If he able to play CHB he would be invaluable ..... He's not talented enough at ground level or by foot to play HB but as a tall that's a different story...

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I'd trade Gwilt or Fisher if i could

rexy
SS Life Member

Would prefer to keep Gilbert due to height and pace, Fisher or Gwilt would be preferred losses from a structural point of view, fisher as a AA and B&f winne would have good currency but may be destabilising for the group? Fisher Gilbert Gwilt Simpkin Dempster Roberton, that's 6 guys to fit into 4 spots IMO. Stanley Sippos another 2 who have been tried back yet we still don't have a good option at FB!

Something must give

Maybe this year?
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

StKilda needs tall backmen as well, and Gilbert is possibly our best, and with further potential and is also the right age.

Offer them Gwilt, Raf Clark or Jason Gram

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert is a line breaker, one of the few we have left.
Losing Gram & BJ, Fisher changing roles and players like Siposs and Dunnell not coming on leaves us a big gap down back for mine.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

we do have a surplus of backmen who are at their best as runners.
and we do have a deficit of backmen who are at their best one-on-one.

Gwilt Gilbert Fisher Dempster all very damaging as run off half back types- but through necessity have had to play out of position and more lockdown roles.

It depends on whether the club is happy to continue fitting these square pegs in the lockdown round holes.

For the overall team, Is 70% of Jimmy Gwilt or Dempster better than 100% of a Zac Dawson type?
Results so far indicate no.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Gilbo's been pretty good this year, especially post injury, imo he would be part of the plan for our next tilt at it.

So if someone wants him they've gotta pay handsomely.

Our back 6 is a KPP away from being very solid, and nearly all of them will be around for 3-4 years.