Tom Ledger

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rexy
SS Life Member

Re: Tom Ledger

Played really well, happy for him! #freeledge

Maybe this year?
saintbob
SS Life Member

Remember how he got into the team this week. It is most unlikely that he will be picked against Freo.[/quote]

Well I don't think they'll bring Lee back in, if Kosi plays.

I reckon Murdoch will miss out, Ledger and Shenton will both start ands Kosi will be sub

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:I reckon Murdoch will miss out, Ledger and Shenton will both start ands Kosi will be sub

Dont know about Shenton, seems like he could hardly walk after the game. Was completely blown up.

Nice to see young Ledger do some good things when he came on. Still a little iffy with his disposals (pumping the ball deep into the forward line a bit indiscriminately, but hey it wasn't terrible) but generally, like many young ones this season, give the fan base some optimism.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

A little iffy....

Some player cause horrendous turnovers, often of the fly with a short-medium pass.... Some players have run at 60% or less in games...

Are we looking for any weakness in this kid, to support the fact he was left out??....

He's played about ten games...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:A little iffy....
Yes - bombing it indiscriminately in the big tiome doesn't get you far
BigMart wrote:Are we looking for any weakness in this kid, to support the fact he was left out??....
No thats your go, dont project
BigMart wrote:He's played about ten games...

I hope he plays 100 more for us. Just because some of us have reservations doesn't mean we dont want him to succeed.

You keep bagging Hickey because you made a call early and haven't the good grace to acknowledge he is improving every game.

Many infront of Ledger ATM, but I really hope he makes it, as I do all Saints players.

I dont carry ego driven agenda's on players.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Did well, further considerations are for those who know way more than me.

I particularly liked his longish goal - players generally look better if they don't kick around corners too often.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:A little iffy....
Yes - bombing it indiscriminately in the big tiome doesn't get you far
BigMart wrote:Are we looking for any weakness in this kid, to support the fact he was left out??....
No thats your go, dont project
BigMart wrote:He's played about ten games...

I hope he plays 100 more for us. Just because some of us have reservations doesn't mean we dont want him to succeed.

You keep bagging Hickey because you made a call early and haven't the good grace to acknowledge he is improving every game.

Many infront of Ledger ATM, but I really hope he makes it, as I do all Saints players.

I dont carry ego driven agenda's on players.
People should be wary of bagging Reginald - it's gonna come back to haunt them. I don't know who has, or hasn't, bagged Reginald, but folks should be wary. He's gonna be a cracker, Reginald.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
rexy
SS Life Member

I agree that people are looking for reasons to support his lack of selection, his disposal was tidy and he "pumped" it long and turned it over once when he was hemmed in on the boundary! Was a poor decision!
Some senior players turned over several horrendous medium short medium passes with no pressure! They've been not cutting it for 150-200 games!

Give the kid a go, he did well!

Maybe this year?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

tbh i think he is a big poss for trade bait
but then when you think about it
the guy kills it at vfl level so he can find the pill, we know that
but is he that much of a butcher when he disposes the cherry?
i mean farren ray has had a reall good back half i reckon and is a fantastic mark for a smaller player but by god his foot passing has been terrible
but he gets the pill

jones used to be shocking, absolutely terrible
but that little dinky left foot 20 meter to 30 meter pass is not bad now if he isnt under pressure

do we persist with him
get him doing what armo is doing
do we give him a crack in the guts next year from round one onwards?

going to be interesting come trade time

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:Did as much as he could in the circs.

Let's see what happens 8-)

I was most impressed with Ledger, he probably had 3 possessions in the first two minutes he was on.

Now, if there is anyone who contributes to this forum with any rational explanation of hard to explain things, eg, the Bermuda Triangle, Area 51, UFO's, global warming, Big Mart, etc, - CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME A RATIONAL EXPLANATION WHY IT HAS TAKEN UNTIL ROUND 22 TO GIVE TOM LEDGER A RUN????? :?: :?: :?:

Looks a ready made player to me, certainly more mature than the kid that ran around last year.

Saint supporter since '62
PJ
SS Life Member

As I said earlier he poses a bit of a question for the recruiters because I'm sure they had him on the delist list. Not saying he has done enough to warrant being kept but if you give someone a shot and they demonstrate a pretty good level. Thoughts??

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Watch his chase about 10 min into the final quarter. That's what he has to work on.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote:Now, if there is anyone who contributes to this forum with any rational explanation of hard to explain things, eg, the Bermuda Triangle, Area 51, UFO's, global warming, Big Mart, etc, - CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME A RATIONAL EXPLANATION WHY IT HAS TAKEN UNTIL ROUND 22 TO GIVE TOM LEDGER A RUN????? :?: :?: :?:

Looks a ready made player to me, certainly more mature than the kid that ran around last year.
I reckon you answered your own question there. He looks more mature than he did last year. One explanation for why is because he's been taught some hard lessons about attitude and workrate - or something else - by spending time at Sandy that he didn't think he was due. I don't know exactly what the deal is, none of us do, but there are plenty of rational explanations.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Good luck Lurker!

You'll play next week and then be traded or delisted.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
westcoast
Club Player

So positive Shakey!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

westcoast wrote:So positive Shakey!
I'm positive that will happen, glad you agree.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Good luck Lurker!

You'll play next week and then be traded or delisted.
Im tipping that too - love to be wrong but he just hasnt been given opportunities ......for a reason.

Now he plays a sub game, does well as a warm up to his "audition" against Dockers thfis week.

IF he has tfold the club he wants home fair enough, makes sense to get him in (while form is good) and to let him know if you want home...step up against Freo.....

End year will be interestiung. I actually reckon Ledger has the tools to be a good AFL player and hes almost the perfect proto type for a Lyon role player:

small
suspect disposal
tanacious
brave
fringe

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Boys got around him...thought people insinuated he wasn't liked? Obviously untrue

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Remember how he got into the team this week. It is most unlikely that he will be picked against Freo.

I reckon Murdoch will miss out, Ledger and Shenton will both start ands Kosi will be sub[/quote]

yes he will...has been promised the last two games to see if he can retain a spot....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
lefty
Club Player

Ledger was good imo, disposal was fine.
Its probably the chasing/effort when we don't have the ball that he needs to step up a little, other than that, looked great.

Would be disappointing if he was let go this year, doesn't make any sense to do so.

1965 Saint
Club Player

Did anyone read my previous post about what he thinks/thought of SK?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Thought The Butcher went pretty well. 83% effective.

1965 Saint wrote:Did anyone read my previous post about what he thinks/thought of SK?
All respect to you, but I think people generally take anonymous comments on the Internet with a grain of salt. Your explanation is vaguely plausible and at the same time no-one knows whether to believe it or not. And the truth is none of us will ever really know what happened behind the scenes.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Will be interesting if he gets 25+ touches this week and kicks a couple of goals…

Would they still de-list him if he stars in his only 2 opportunities?

Ross will probably take Ledger with pick 96 (like he did with Dawson) if we de-list him

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
saintbob wrote:Remember how he got into the team this week. It is most unlikely that he will be picked against Freo.

I reckon Murdoch will miss out, Ledger and Shenton will both start ands Kosi will be sub
yes he will...has been promised the last two games to see if he can retain a spot....[/quote]

No chance of Lee playing this week, none at all