What a suprise. Cheats.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: What a suprise. Cheats.

kosifantutti wrote:Dal got off far too easily on this. It was a stupid, stupid thing to do for a senior player.
its staggering that the people complaining about this arent equally complaining about Armo taking a dive and getting 50mt in the first
ONLY difference is Armitage missed his shot on goal.

Seeya
stinger
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:Dal got off far too easily on this. It was a stupid, stupid thing to do for a senior player.
its staggering that the people complaining about this arent equally complaining about Armo taking a dive and getting 50mt in the first
ONLY difference is Armitage missed his shot on goal.
your joking aren't you..??? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...blatant late shove.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:your joking aren't you..??? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...blatant late shove.....
With you I never joke, I learnt that lesson a long time ago - you have no sense of humour and I always win a factual argument
Armo felt contact and dropped to the deck, a bit like feeling a searching hand and "losing" control of the ball, isnt it?

Seeya
stinger
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
stinger wrote:your joking aren't you..??? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...blatant late shove.....
With you I never joke, I learnt that lesson a long time ago - you have no sense of humour and I always win a factual argument
Armo felt contact and dropped to the deck, a bit like feeling a searching hand and "losing" control of the ball, isnt it?

that's just rubbish......poor form by you really.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

sorry but the fact is, it wasnt a shove
as for poor form, I dont know what you mean really?

Seeya
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:He paid it once the ball dropped out of the player's hand.
Simply put, the umpire didn't see the actual incident. He paid a 50 for something he didn't actual see.
Poor umpiring.
Did Dal hit the ball? > Yes > 50m Penalty.

The rule simply is you cannot touch the player or the ball when they are going back to take a free kick. If he had slightly grabbed his jumper, hit his arm etc it would still be 50 meters.

You cannot hit and/or grab the player/ball when they are moving back off the mark from a free kick/mark. This has been in action for a few years now, and if players are still getting caught for this then they have done something you would class as stupid.

They walk amongst us...

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
Simply put, the umpire didn't see the actual incident. He paid a 50 for something he didn't actual see.
Poor umpiring.

The rule simply is you cannot touch the player or the ball when they are going back to take a free kick. If he had slightly grabbed his jumper, hit his arm etc it would still be 50 meters.

You cannot hit and/or grab the player/ball when they are moving back off the mark from a free kick/mark. This has been in action for a few years now, and if players are still getting caught for this then they have done something you would class as stupid.

Its very selective though when and whom they pay them though.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
Poor umpiring.

Its very selective though when and whom they pay them though.
Thought it was one of the more obvious 50m penalties. Dal had no business putting his hand anywhere near the ball. Simple as that. The fact the Power bloke dropped the ball was smart footy and may have won Port the game in the end. Dal should know better.

Perhaps but thats not the point is it. The umpire didnt see Dal he just saw the ball dropping. He just guessed and guessed wrong.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Perhaps but thats not the point is it. The umpire didnt see Dal he just saw the ball dropping. He just guessed and guessed wrong.

How is it wrong if its the right decision? Now that is confusing.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Perhaps but thats not the point is it. The umpire didnt see Dal he just saw the ball dropping. He just guessed and guessed wrong.

The umpire didnt see Dal make contact he only saw the ball dropping.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The umpire didnt see Dal make contact he only saw the ball dropping.

How do you actually know this? You said he guessed and guessed wrong. Lets pretend he did guess which there is no proof, well he guessed right.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Port player staged and should have been sighted by the MRP.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Port player staged and should have been sighted by the MRP.

For what? I dont think there is any rule that says you cantstage for a free. It was stupid by Dal what ever the port player did.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: How do you actually know this? You said he guessed and guessed wrong. Lets pretend he did guess which there is no proof, well he guessed right.
No he didn't… He guessed that Dal knocked the ball from Pittards hands, this is clearly wrong, as the pictures on the last page show.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Oh good so guessing is fine is it? The umpire only saw the ball fall from the Port players arms. So in fact he guessed wrong. Why didnt he guess that Saunders couldnt hear the whistle when he made the mistake and paid a free against Armitage.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

For what? I dont think there is any rule that says you cantstage for a free. It was stupid by Dal what ever the port player did.

You can get sighted for staging. A player’s first offence results in a reprimand or a warning. Subsequent offences can draw fines of $1600 and $2400. They were doing this last year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You can get sighted for staging. A player’s first offence results in a reprimand or a warning. Subsequent offences can draw fines of $1600 and $2400. They were doing this last year.

You cant get sighted for staging like that. Just like you cant if you pretend you got pushed in the back. Its for players pretending to be hit in the head when they werent and the other players getting reported or causing a fight.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Oh good so guessing is fine is it? The umpire only saw the ball fall from the Port players arms. So in fact he guessed wrong. Why didnt he guess that Saunders couldnt hear the whistle when he made the mistake and paid a free against Armitage.
You said he guessed, I said he didnt so what are you on about?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
You cant get sighted for staging like that. Just like you cant if you pretend you got pushed in the back. Its for players pretending to be hit in the head when they werent and the other players getting reported or causing a fight.

Well there should be a rule against it then.

Do you keep a copy of the rule book beside the toilet?

PS. I'm with waffle brain on this one.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Oh good so guessing is fine is it? The umpire only saw the ball fall from the Port players arms. So in fact he guessed wrong. Why didnt he guess that Saunders couldnt hear the whistle when he made the mistake and paid a free against Armitage.

Umpires are struggling to see free kicks when there looking at them I doubt that they have any chance with the backs of their heads.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote: How do you actually know this? You said he guessed and guessed wrong. Lets pretend he did guess which there is no proof, well he guessed right.
No he didn't… He guessed that Dal knocked the ball from Pittards hands, this is clearly wrong, as the pictures on the last page show.

Those pictures show dals hand in there and Pittards left arm dropping after Dals hand is taken out so those pictures could actually suggest Dal hit Pittards arm which could have made the ball drop. I dont think the pictures prove anything. If dal hits the arm or the ball and it drops its 50 everytime.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Umpires are struggling to see free kicks when there looking at them I doubt that they have any chance with the backs of their heads.

Maybe you should see the pictures on page 2 of this thread and then retract that comment because its cloearly not true.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Just looked at the picture Dal is well away from the ball and he hasnt paid 50.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Just looked at the picture Dal is well away from the ball and he hasnt paid 50.

So you agree the umpire isnt facing the wrong way though? Look Curly you have convinced me. The umpire cheated. I have said it but it doesnt make me feel better. I thought that was the idea of thinking the umpires cheat against us, to feel better. Cant wait to watch the Geelong game with the idea that we will be cheated against. It will be a new experience and hopefully a much more enjoyable one if we lose. i will get back to you on saturday night to tell you how much better it is to watch footy that way.
Last edited by plugger66 on Wed 24 Jul 2013 2:55pm, edited 1 time in total.