Well Done CHEERSQUAD !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Well Done CHEERSQUAD !!

patto wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
patto wrote:Lol i didnt notice the banner but if what P66 says was written on it is right, it deserves to be bagged. Theres no denying thats pretty lame
From memory:

Go Saints Go
Go Saints Go
We can beat Carlton
Go Saints Go
Umm well. Im also not a cheersquad knocker as i respect the dedication from them week in week out. But i hear ya P66 it was pretty lame what was written on it.
On a side note after becoming a bit more active posting lately i find myself in agreeing with P66 post alot lately. Can you feel the love plugsy?

I love everyone even the ones who think I am a fruit loop and there are a few.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Was not at banner making and did not see it. Can only assume it was changed last minute due to Kosi.
If not...well that's just embarrassing.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If you shake some maracas to it, it has potential ;)

SunburySaint
Club Player

SainterK wrote:If you shake some maracas to it, it has potential ;)

Now lives in Geelong...
Viking3
Club Player

BOO OUR MILNEY
IT COUNTS FOR ZERO,
SAY WHAT YOU LIKE
HE'S STILL OUR HERO!!!

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:Was not at banner making and did not see it. Can only assume it was changed last minute due to Kosi.
If not...well that's just embarrassing.
Not at banner making for Kosi's actual 200th I assume either Dools lol?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:BUT, with all your experience and knowledge next week's banner will be something to look forward to !!

I have no idea what to say on a banner but lets be honest surely someone can come up with something better than last night. It was something like go the saints go the saints, we can beat carlton go the saints. didnt they get ideas from here once. There are some very smart people out there. Im just not one of them.
We did have a "BANNER WORDING" comp on here a few years ago. The Cheer Squad people read this so YOU may have come up with something that can help !!

don't remember what it said...but it wasn't as stated by plugga....i remember reading it a second time and thinking it was quite clever....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
noddy04
Club Player

Thats great but want was the banner last night. A 5 year old could have come up with something better than was written on it.[/quote]

Perhaps YOU could contact Dools or one of the other members of the Cheer Squad and offer to HELP. I'm sure they would appreciate any offers !![/quote]

Im not 5 years old.[/quote]
You sure do act like it at times

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:Thats great but want was the banner last night. A 5 year old could have come up with something better than was written on it.
Perhaps YOU could contact Dools or one of the other members of the Cheer Squad and offer to HELP. I'm sure they would appreciate any offers !![/quote]

Im not 5 years old.[/quote]
You sure do act like it at times[/quote]

And i care what you think. Sorry but the banner was rubbish and the cheer squad do a great job.

noddy04
Club Player

You care otherwise you wouldnt have replied. :D And I and a few over here help with the banner when ever the cheersquad come to SA

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:You care otherwise you wouldnt have replied. :D And I and a few over here help with the banner when ever the cheersquad come to SA

Your right. I care what you think. And Im glad they help with the banner in SA. Nothing will change my mind about the banner on Saturday night. Normally never look at it but had a view from the bar and it was very lame this week.

noddy04
Club Player

personally i think they do a great job like someone said before .They all give up their time and money to do banners and then travel to all states to support the saints. We always try to sit with them over here as its safety in numbers most of the time. And Plugger i do appreciate you caring what I think...thanks
Last edited by noddy04 on Mon 15 Jul 2013 8:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:personally i think they do a great job like someone said before .They all give up their time and money to do banners and then travel to all states to support the saints. We always try to sit with them over here as its safety in numbers most of the time.

And i said that and have always said that.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:...And i said that and have always said that.
Other than at the beginning of the thread.
plugger66 wrote:... A 5 year old could have come up with something better than was written on it.
But, hey, that was a long time ago.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Banner should have read:

PRESUMED INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY YOU CHEATING SCUMBAGS.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Banner should have read:

PRESUMED INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY YOU CHEATING SCUMBAGS.
you know what I would have written :)

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I have heard talk in the cheer squad of people looking to do some changes. Few letters going to the club, including the person who i sit with. Telling the club, how bad it is and the committee is like a small group who look after themselves and only them. Only problem is the Club would look so bad if they were to say sorry ladies, thanks for your hard work but its time to move on. Think that will look very bad for the club. People are aware change needs to be made. But will something happen. Even thought about putting my hand up to give some ideas, i have my own idea of a cheer squad, but not sure whether i have the time to even put thoughts to action.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saint1974
Club Player

I noticed Rory from marketing department was with the cheer squad, when we played Melbourne at the G, be was there encouraging chanting and waving the floggers.
I was a cheer squad member back in the 70's when we sat up the back of the stand behind the goals at Moorabbin, it was a great atmosphere.
I tookmy kids to the cheer squad when we moved to Etihad, but I must say it wasn't really welcoming,those kids are now in their early 20's and sit with us in the social club,it would be great to see a lot of younger members there, with strong voices and some new energy combined with the current group.
Maybe Rory is trying to make sure our cheer squad is heard.
And yes the cheer squad do a great job, but strength and an increase in membership with some new energy would make our cheer squad stronger and be heard louder.

saint1974
Club Player

I noticed Rory from marketing department was with the cheer squad, when we played Melbourne at the G, be was there encouraging chanting and waving the floggers.
I was a cheer squad member back in the 70's when we sat up the back of the stand behind the goals at Moorabbin, it was a great atmosphere.
I tookmy kids to the cheer squad when we moved to Etihad, but I must say it wasn't really welcoming,those kids are now in their early 20's and sit with us in the social club,it would be great to see a lot of younger members there, with strong voices and some new energy combined with the current group.
Maybe Rory is trying to make sure our cheer squad is heard.
And yes the cheer squad do a great job, but strength and an increase in membership with some new energy would make our cheer squad stronger and be heard louder.