Disappointing SAINTS FANS !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Disappointing SAINTS FANS !!

kosifantutti wrote: It was glorious weather yesterday. Last time I went to a sporting contest it was (-)5 degrees.
Bully for you, you hero!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

saintspremiers wrote:
Saint_Ash wrote:
Eastern wrote:Quite a number of saints fans were seen leaving the ground as early as 1/2 way through the last quarter. Okay, it wasn't much of a game BUT we were winning, it was a milestone game for THREE of our players and it was the end of a BIG week for the club.

It was great to see all THREE being chaired off the ground. It was also pretty damn good to see Scotty singing the song with the boys. Was it Jacky who was our stand in Chorus Leader tonight? !!
Appreciate where you are coming from Eastern but using myself as an example I left at 3/4 time. Not because I wanted to but because it was a Saturday twilight game and I had an engagement party to get to.

Would you rather people who were in a similar situation not go at all?
Can't you be half an hour late?

We were winning. Priorities! :lol: :wink: :cool:
Ha ha well considering it was my girlfriends sister who got engaged I don't think it would have gone down too well. Especially after I got the "You can come late if you want to".

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
kosifantutti wrote: It was glorious weather yesterday. Last time I went to a sporting contest it was (-)5 degrees.
Bully for you, you hero!
I'll take it as a complement.

People have the right to come and go or stay home as they choose, but to use the weather as an excuse on a day like that seems bizarre

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I used to be very cranky at people who left early...but with the plethora of timeslots we now play in, theres legitimate reasons why people might have to get going pre-siren. Saturday twilight especially..wouldnt you rather have people go for 3 1/2 quarters then go off to their other function.. than say "stuff it its too hard doing two things in one night?" and not go at all??

Sorry Eastern..reckon youre being a bit harsh on this one :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I used to be very cranky at people who left early...but with the plethora of timeslots we now play in, theres legitimate reasons why people might have to get going pre-siren. Saturday twilight especially..wouldnt you rather have people go for 3 1/2 quarters then go off to their other function.. than say "stuff it its too hard doing two things in one night?" and not go at all??

Sorry Eastern..reckon youre being a bit harsh on this one :-)
Only on joffaboy :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

mrkiss
Club Player

I beleive it was Joey who filled in for Milneys loudness and did an ok job surely Milney was there? and should have been allowed/asked to join the boys

St Lenny
Club Player

Saints supporters are as soft as, they sprout on about Strength Through Loyalty, but only when it suits.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:Saints supporters are as soft as, they sprout on about Strength Through Loyalty, but only when it suits.
Sadly you are right. But it's probably really due to over 100 years and only 1 flag more than anything.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.