Milne Back in 3 Weeks?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milne Back in 3 Weeks?

spert wrote:From News Ltd 18 June quoting Vic Police referring to Milne:

"Victoria Police on Tuesday confirmed it has charged a 33 year-old man from Cheltenham with four counts of rape following an alleged incident in 2004"

So I presume he has been charged unless the cops are lying.
no...just wrongly reported i would say...unless milne had formally attended a police station on that day....been charged then subsequently bailed to appear at the magistrates court on 7 july.......ringing his manger as i understand they did...is not actually f****** charging him ffs... :roll: :roll: :roll:

they may have laid formal charges on information in a court and had the court issue summonses returnable on 7 july ...but milne won't formally be charged until he is served with those papers and actually attends in court....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Ok, but checking again, the Police spokesman, after Mr Fontanas' media conference on the issue, has been directly quoted as confirming those charges will be laid, so in that case the charges will be issued at some stage unless the magistrate throws the whole thing out once the court proceedings begin??

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Ok, but checking again, the Police spokesman, after Mr Fontanas' media conference on the issue, has been directly quoted as confirming those charges will be laid, so in that case the charges will be issued at some stage unless the magistrate throws the whole thing out once the court proceedings begin??

there are basically two ways police can start proceedings...either by arrest and subsequent charging...or by laying/swearing an information in a court...and getting the court to issue a summons....some jurisdictions allow for an attendance notice to be issued....presumably in this case the cops have laid informations containing the actual charges in a court and have received a hearing date which would be entered on the summonses..those must be served upon milne...once milne gets to court he will be formally charged.....that starts the formal court proceedings.....and yes...the magistrate can throw the charges out......but only after milne has been charged...unless the odpp formally withdraw them...unlikely/....

spert
Saintsational Legend

Messy business

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Messy business
yep...sure is...no winners here.... :cry:

ando051
Club Player

Seriously I do not believe that the people on this site! you ready have Milne convicted, and feel he should just give up, are you actually St. Kilda fans? I am presuming most of you are trolls with sawdust for brains. Stephen has endured abuse for 9 years he is a very strong person a lesser soul would have let it all get to them, but not him, it is quite natural that he would wish to play for is team against Melbourne and help to celebrate the two Nicks milestones, they are good friends after all. He is very loyal to the club and very resilient he could have handled it. I have no doubt in my mind that he is innocent. What comes to mind is that there is a lot of politics involved between the investigating bodies connected to the police force. Why did it take 48 hours to report the incident? It is well documented that the person who reported the crime was angry that Joey first of all was with her, then turned his attention to her friend. Its hard to back down once this type of incident has been reported, because the person would then be a known liar. There are far to many loopholes in this case. People need to read between the lines and not be so judgemental. A lot of girls want to bag themselves an AFL boyfriend, they do not realise, they are just a one night stand, that realisation can hurt when your 19 years old. Just like the St. Kilda school girl everyone believed her and it all turned out not to be true. Its a sad situation for all concerned.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

some review of the situation ( if you ignore barrett)
but Garry reports ont alking to Dal Thursday

http://austereo.castmetrix.net/podcast/ ... ne2013.mp3

scroll to 9 min in.

I imagine many will learn how to ' Handle' these situations in the future-- why do the saints always lead the way.....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:I heard Mark Evans being interviewed on 3AW earlier. He was very good at ducking a direct question from Gerard Healy who asked if the AFL had any input to the decision to put Milney on "Indefinite Leave of Absence". To me, the AFL gave OUR Board a Directive/Ultimatum to not play Milney until AFTER Womens Round. That suggests that the AFL is right into tokenism and image protecting and has precious little respect for Stephen Milne, the other party involved or the St Kilda Football Club.

My prediction is that Milney will be back for the Carlton Game !!
Will be the game before.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Anyone heard the rumor that the aggrieved party in the case is going out with one of the coppers who was involved in the investigation?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Anyone heard the rumor that the aggrieved party in the case is going out with one of the coppers who was involved in the investigation?
NO !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

noob
Club Player

I thought he was coming back for Women's Round.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saintbrat wrote: I imagine many will learn how to ' Handle' these situations in the future-- why do the saints always lead the way.....
schoolgirl
lovett
milne
yep we have led the way :(

Seeya
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Will Milne come straight back in or will he need to play VFL first ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?