Git 'er done: Taylor Adams - GWS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Git 'er done: Taylor Adams - GWS

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:OMeara from GC would be handy.

F*** this kid is good. GC are the real deal now.

He is going to be a super star. His stats are better than Judds at the same stage and age and Judd was one who hit the ground running. I would give them what ever they want for him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Armitage, Ross, Newnes, Steven, Geary, Ledger, Saunders, Curran, Wright

Along with more years from

Dal Santo, Montagna

There's 11 mids without any drafted to carry us fwd

I know you can never have too mids.... But I think we have-bigger deficiencies

Besides our current KPP woes..... Our best two are both around 31yo....

At least we have Hickey

And also a smart arse poster. If you are including guys who havent made it we also have enough backs, forwards and rucks but that doesnt suit your agenda of having a go at Hickey.

james rose
Club Player

Draft Profile I did for him before he was drafted.

Name: Taylor Adams
Position: Midfielder
Age (by draft day): 18
Height: 181cm
Weight: 80kg

Quick Notes on Taylor Adams
All Australian
Wins the contested footy
Leader
Good decision maker
First to early second round draft pick
Taylor Adams in detail
Taylor Adams is a smart inside midfielder who is capable of having a big impact on games without anyone really noticing.

Where Adams excels is winning the football, as such he is great in close where he can throw himself into the contest in the same way Brett Kirk does, win the football and deliver it to the best option outside the pack.

Adams is going to be a player for a club without an early pick as he does have a few areas to work on. His kicking is solid without being spectacular and whilst his athletic ability is at an acceptable standard he does lack a bit of pace for a midfielder- pretty much ensuring he will always be an inside midfielder.

Although biased it is worth mentioning that Adams’ coach has compared him to Jimmy Bartel and Ben Cunnington at the same point in there careers.

lloyd21
Club Player

Mention on earlier post that Ledger & Curren as part of 11 Midfielders they have not made it.

Armitage not there yet either

Geary is stop gap midfielder but is really improved player and tagger long term

Hayes won't be there next year "Huge hole".

Saints need a lot of midfielders over next 2 years to play as midfielders /forwards which is norm of the top teams

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Old Mate wrote:You'd think Dawes and Clarke being around the club (not only on field) would help Watts. I actually think Watts is damaged goods and not worth the punt. A club will pick him up though just not confident he works out.
not even close ... lets be honest here Neitz was a leader and would have helped Jack walk taller and prob would have passed on some good strong advice on how to go about his footy ... Dawes and Clarke wouldnt have 1/100th of the weight Neitz could have instilled on Jack .... i dont think Watts is damaged i think he was crushed by expectation and has been hung out to dry for not reaching that expectation ... the dees wanted him to become a champion without him being surrounded by a champion... our champ Roo had the likes of Loewe - then Hamill and to an extent Gehrig , he also had the likes of Harvey showing the work ethic to bring out the most of himself... he grew into the expectation over a period of time and learning he also had a coach who was a strong father figure who was hell bent on improving the team... Jack Watts was tossed in and expected to be great from day one he was surrounded by basically nothing then the Dees cut away all the experiance that they had , he was coached by a bloke who wanted to lose for draft picks ...

it prob is too late for him now to become the player he could have become but i reckon he could become decent
Lets get him and get Kozi to stay on for a couple of years in place of Neitz! :oops:

Johnny Favier
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Old Mate wrote:You'd think Dawes and Clarke being around the club (not only on field) would help Watts. I actually think Watts is damaged goods and not worth the punt. A club will pick him up though just not confident he works out.
not even close ... lets be honest here Neitz was a leader and would have helped Jack walk taller and prob would have passed on some good strong advice on how to go about his footy ... Dawes and Clarke wouldnt have 1/100th of the weight Neitz could have instilled on Jack .... i dont think Watts is damaged i think he was crushed by expectation and has been hung out to dry for not reaching that expectation ... the dees wanted him to become a champion without him being surrounded by a champion... our champ Roo had the likes of Loewe - then Hamill and to an extent Gehrig , he also had the likes of Harvey showing the work ethic to bring out the most of himself... he grew into the expectation over a period of time and learning he also had a coach who was a strong father figure who was hell bent on improving the team... Jack Watts was tossed in and expected to be great from day one he was surrounded by basically nothing then the Dees cut away all the experiance that they had , he was coached by a bloke who wanted to lose for draft picks ...

it prob is too late for him now to become the player he could have become but i reckon he could become decent
Excellent post.