GODDARD!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: GODDARD!!!

Goddard looks sloppy at the dons, they are very clean and fast while Goddards lack of pace looks more noticeable. Jobe and goddard are a good combo though because he can take some of the hard stuff that their outside runners don't seem to do well if they tag Jobe.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
He is at a club that wanted him, we didn't according to most on here.

The sad reality is that we couldn't afford to keep him. A great shame as he is a class act.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

he actually started off by saying..'with all due respect to my former club...

yeah...sure mate... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
bobmurray wrote:His skills look ordinary in a red and black jumper..

Sorry if i'm out of line talking footy on Sainsational.

I know this is the mudslinger forum but I thought i'd try it..

and you don't sling mud you hypocrite. maybe old age and dementia is catching up with you.

hello...are you a stalker as well as an idiot...

I thought this was a footy forum..my bad.....maybe that's the difference between here and Big footy....Big Footy has less pavs......that sounds right to me.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You really do have dementia you silly old fool which explains why you are a hypocrite as you started this by taking the first cheap shot in the other thread.

Bob Murray

the

irrelevant

dinosaur.

PS: I hope you find out who stole your membership number. :wink:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Freebird
Club Player

What's hppening here pav?
I hope you're joking and not attempting to emulate p666

Richter
SS Life Member

tweedaletomanning wrote:
SainterK wrote:Saints never played under the adversity of suspected cheating, so I can see why the win would feel significant
You are right,

But it still hurts to know a player who was a champion at our club, can just move on soooo quickly.

Guess that's the nature of the game.

ONLY the supporters are the ones left lamenting
I don't agree. I tend to think that the supposedly easy switch of loyalty reflects more on Goddard than us as supporters. It makes his repeated slamming of his chest when he played for us look decidedly less believable.

It was a gutsy win last night no doubt, but as good as the prelim win of 2009 for instance...? He's getting carried away by the easy loyalty of the present, playing to the Bombers gallery and at a deeper level trying to justify to himself that it was the right thing to do to abandon his mates for $$.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
annabelle

tweedaletomanning wrote:
SainterK wrote:Saints never played under the adversity of suspected cheating, so I can see why the win would feel significant
You are right,

But it still hurts to know a player who was a champion at our club, can just move on soooo quickly.

Guess that's the nature of the game.

ONLY the supporters are the ones left lamenting

I agree, The fans are loyal. I loved BJ as a player and he has rejected that loyalty by going to Essendon... that's what hurts as a supporter.

rexy
SS Life Member

Don't think it's surprising that he can become passionate about his new club that quickly, no different to how a tam can accept a new member quickly! If Hickey or Roberton said " that loss didn't really hurt because I haven't been here for long" we would be calling for them to be sacked! This hange is important to BJ, in many ways it is more important to him to have success after the change or the whole decision becomes a personal failure as well as his teams failure!

Nothing wrong with hating it as a supporter or saints player though, hope we can use it next week for a few seconds somewhere!

Maybe this year?
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Who cares - given all that is going down at bomber land it would've been one of the best wins he's been involved in. Great win! Hopefully it took a lot out of them emotionally and physically and they'll be ripe for the picking!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
stinger
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Who cares - given all that is going down at bomber land it would've been one of the best wins he's been involved in. Great win! Hopefully it took a lot out of them emotionally and physically and they'll be ripe for the picking!
+1 :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Well, we get the opportunity to boo Goddard next week. I know I'll be booing him and will do so VERY LOUDLY. I went to put on my Saints jumper before leaving to go to the game last week, but it had #18 on the back, so I wore my ye olde circa '03 jumper with #3 instead.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
loris
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:I did notice at 3/4 time hird said something to him , BJ probably gave him some insight at half time how Lyon would try to play the second half !
Things might not have been all that rosy between Goddard & Lyon whilst he was at the Saints towards the end, from just a couple of throwaway lines from Lyin when interviewed prior to the Freo / Essendon game.

One quip I can't quote the words exactly as it was on radio a few days ago.............. it was in response to an interviewers question about Goddard having first hand knowledge/info about Lyon's defensive game plan as he would have heard it planned and discussed so often. Lyon came back with something along the lines of "well that's news to me, I didn't think he listened to me he wanted to do things his way."

The other instance was in an article in the West Australian (11 April) 'Goddard reveals Lyon's secrets'. An Essendon player (Howlett) was quoted as saying that Essendon were confident they could breakdown Lyon's defensive tactics as Goddard's insights had given them belief. "We have got some insight with BJ.............. He has spoken about how Freo like to play and Ross' game plan and how he likes to lock down sides and keep them to low scores....................... BJ, all week, has been talking about little things,..............some of their (Freo) plyers have changed their game and they play more defensively.................. BJ has been great and has beenbarking instructions at training. Well fancy Goddard barking instructions, who would believe that :o :o :o ?

So Lyon's response to this write up in the same paper the following day. 'Lyon was dismissive of suggestions free agency recruit and former St Kilda star Brendon Goddard had provided insights of his former coach's game style to teammates. "They pay him to play and not to coach," Lyon said.

Ouuch.......... the old coach is a bit testy there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Zaharakis said BJ has brought all his knowledge over from the Saints, the right ways to work and train etc. That annoys me the most.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:Zaharakis said BJ has brought all his knowledge over from the Saints, the right ways to work and train etc. That annoys me the most.
"Righto fellas, lift these heavy things, run a lot... Oh and don't inject snow leopard gonads"

dragit
Saintsational Legend

As if Essendon need tips on how to beat a Lyon coached side, their win loss record is something like 8-2 against his sides.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Munga wrote:Zaharakis said BJ has brought all his knowledge over from the Saints, the right ways to work and train etc. That annoys me the most.
Are clubs really doing that much that is any different to every else? Given how many opposition scouts there are, given that clubs watch other clubs train, plus there are caches and players swapping from one club to another how much is anyone hiding from anyone else?
Unless Essendon have had their heads in the sand for the last 5 or 10 years.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
Are clubs really doing that much that is any different to every else? Given how many opposition scouts there are, given that clubs watch other clubs train, plus there are caches and players swapping from one club to another how much is anyone hiding from anyone else?

I think he meant work ethic and the commitment required to be successful year in year out. It's a huge wrap and a thumbs up for our culture.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

remboy wrote:
Thats what I dont get...

Melbourne an example.. People claiming they aren't fit enough.. Neeld was an assistant and Collingwood, Craig a head coach at Crows... Two of the most well drilled, fit teams ever... Surly these guys would know the necessary standard required..

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

dragit wrote:As if Essendon need tips on how to beat a Lyon coached side, their win loss record is something like 8-2 against his sides.
agreed while at the saints - essendon can run
but freo compared the saints are two very different sides
they can run
we cant
so all lyon has to do is tighten up the forward 50mt, and not bludgeon their natural creatitvity/flair out of the middle and back
& he will have a pretty good side
throw in a buddy next year...

Seeya
Greg T
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
SainterK wrote:I'm surprised at the emotion that BJ evokes in Saints fans.

Much rather Ross lost, he's the one that lied, walked and swims in his dollar bills.
Completely agree with this. Although I hate Essendon and freo are my second favourite team, I still really like bj as a player and wish him all the best... Except next week. Hope he plays terribly next week.

Although he does look strange in the bomber guernsey.
How could you not like Bj as a player.He was a great star of this club and gave us many great moments of his skills.
He's gone now but I think his leadership is really missed,as his skills etc aa one of our better players from the era with Saint Nick etc
I hate essendon too and wish Freo had got that last shot in.That we're lucky.Make no mistake Ross has that side up & about..
Should be a good game,but who knows.there lookin ok....saints to trash em!!!!!,!??.

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
Greg T
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
SainterK wrote:

The sad reality is that we couldn't afford to keep him. A great shame as he is a class act.
Was it that we didn't offer him extra or lack of funds?
Certainly was a class act !Big loss on the scale of things,no matter what anybody says.
Blokes like him don't pop up very often

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I honestly don't care anymore, now that he's gone. I thought he was terrible in the first half and his skills were awful. I thought he was instrumental in them winning in the 2nd half though. It's interesting that Lyon didn't send a tag to him - Stanton and Watson were tagged. Maybe he enjoys playing without someone up his arse all game. I guess anyone would.

Greg T
Club Player

Spinner wrote:He said one of if I heard correctly.

And it probably is...
Was a great win unfortunately, like all saints fans we loved Bj,
And it stinks he's gone , but no more Grand finals for him....

Doctor Two
Club Player

Sobraz wrote: Thats what I dont get...

Melbourne an example.. People claiming they aren't fit enough.. Neeld was an assistant and Collingwood, Craig a head coach at Crows... Two of the most well drilled, fit teams ever... Surly these guys would know the necessary standard required..

And their fitness guy - Misson - didn't he get a team to 2 or 3 grand finals?

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:Colour of Jumper doesn't change the person.
Ball is still a class act.
Goddard very good player at both clubs.

Dawson was/is a spud.
Lyon was/is/always will be a filthy turd!
top post!

Fortius Quo Fidelius