WHY THE HELL...............

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintjake
Club Player

Re: WHY THE HELL...............

Say what you want about Eddie, he has been the best club president in recent history.
He is passionate about the club and backs his playersand staff in 100% everytime
If Stevie Baker was playing for Collingwood when the Jeff Farmer incident happened Eddie would have been outraged and calling out the injustice that it was. Not sitting back and saying nothing.
Not only is he passionate about Collingwood but the game as well, he is always leading voice when any controversial rules come into play that might upset the fabric of the game.
If Eddie was our president we would all hail him like a God.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I don't agree with you. Eddie's universe has him at the centre. If you have a different opinion to him then your wrong,
I think he's passionate about his own needs and desires.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:Say what you want about Eddie, he has been the best club president in recent history.
He is passionate about the club and backs his playersand staff in 100% everytime
If Stevie Baker was playing for Collingwood when the Jeff Farmer incident happened Eddie would have been outraged and calling out the injustice that it was. Not sitting back and saying nothing.
Not only is he passionate about Collingwood but the game as well, he is always leading voice when any controversial rules come into play that might upset the fabric of the game.
If Eddie was our president we would all hail him like a God.

Eddie and Collingwood where both extremly lucky that he was and is so heavily involved in the media. The AFL used Collingwood as its little promo device and Eddie pushed that barrow and the Footy Show basically became a promo event for the up coming Collingwood game. In turn AFL game Collingwood prime draws which generated huge sponsership and the membership followed. After all 18 games in the state every year at prime times including blockbusters why wouldnt you sign up. The last thing the AFL want is Eddie using his voice to bag the AFL's decisions and policies. As long as the AFL keep Collingwood as its promo tool Eddie will back them and only say so much. The umpires are the same they dont need to have Eddie baking their performance on his many media programmes.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
GSG
Club Player

Moods wrote:
GSG wrote: Watch them jump back on if we are top 4 after 12 games......

All supporters are fickle, some clubs including us, just can't afford our supporters to be that way.

Well you obviously haven't read my post correctly. I will always renew my membership (as I did for the last 17 years). This is more than most Saints supporters do, and, I suspect more than many on this forum. Whether or not I go to the game is immaterial.

But hey, let's be happy with the AFL and savour the charity morsels they will dish out to the "strugglers".

Moods
Saintsational Legend

GSG wrote:
Moods wrote:
GSG wrote: Watch them jump back on if we are top 4 after 12 games......

All supporters are fickle, some clubs including us, just can't afford our supporters to be that way.

Well you obviously haven't read my post correctly. I will always renew my membership (as I did for the last 17 years). This is more than most Saints supporters do, and, I suspect more than many on this forum. Whether or not I go to the game is immaterial.

But hey, let's be happy with the AFL and savour the charity morsels they will dish out to the "strugglers".

The fact that you think that going to games is 'immaterial' shows me that you have no understanding of what it will take to keep our club relevant in the next 5 years.

Why would you stop going to games? Because the AFL haven't given us as much money as you wish they had? I can't see how the two are related. It's a free world, and if you choose not to go to games, then that's no problem at all. A bit rich to blame your lack of attendance at games and dropping the SC membership on the AFL though. Why don't you just admit that you don't think we'll be as successful as we once were, and you don't want to watch them lose every week? (I, for one, still think we'll be quite competitive though)

The AFL can't be blamed for everything. The whining about the pies and their draw is amazing. It's like ppl genuinely have no idea how the AFL works. How it has ALWAYS worked since we changed from the VFL to the AFL. They have to make money, and lots of it for the game to stay the premier code. You can cynically say it's to line Demetriou's pockets but you'd be deluding yourself. Whether we played every week on Friday or Saturday night we will NEVER draw the crowds that the pies do. It's a fact. We are no longer considered a powerful onfield club. Missed the finals last year. The pies have missed the top 4 ONCE in 6 years. In that year they finished 5th. They have missed the finals twice in 11 years, and almost every year they make it they finish top 4. If any team deserves Friday night blockbusters it is them. Yes they play stacks of games in Melbourne. This year they will play against the toughest teams twice. When they do travel they invariably win, so I'm not sure what the point is CONSTANTLY going on about their lack of interstate travel.

the AFL has never been so generous to the battling clubs since I've been following footy. If they have, I'd love for someone to point out when? Our deal at Etihad stinks. We all agree on that. Why the hell did we sign it in the first place?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

We all understand they have to make money no one denies that. But when this comes in the way of fairness supporters get annoyed and frustrated. Why should I support my team all year and watch them finish four games clear on top of the ladder only to play at the opponents home ground? Why shouldnt I be frustrated when the side where playing has 7 days break while we return from a Sunday arvo game in heat from Perth? The AFL has to give my side as much chance of winning a premiership as any other team.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:We all understand they have to make money no one denies that. But when this comes in the way of fairness supporters get annoyed and frustrated. Why should I support my team all year and watch them finish four games clear on top of the ladder only to play at the opponents home ground? Why shouldnt I be frustrated when the side where playing has 7 days break while we return from a Sunday arvo game in heat from Perth? The AFL has to give my side as much chance of winning a premiership as any other team.

Sorry Curly? Which year are you referring to? In 09 we played Melbourne on a Saturday arvo in the last H&A game of the year. Yes we played the pies in the qualifying final (at the pies home ground) and we duly beat them - easily.

In 2010 we played the Crows on a Sunday arvo. Was it THAT hot in Adelaide in early September? Anyway, yes we had a 6 day break, but once again still won the Qualifying final (against the odds) against the cats - whose home ground is Simmonds Stadium or Etihad.

Are you saying the AFL cost us the 09/10 flags? If so I disagree.

May have cost the Lions the 04 Flag, but I'm not sure how we were disadvantaged by the fixturing in 09/10?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
CURLY wrote:We all understand they have to make money no one denies that. But when this comes in the way of fairness supporters get annoyed and frustrated. Why should I support my team all year and watch them finish four games clear on top of the ladder only to play at the opponents home ground? Why shouldnt I be frustrated when the side where playing has 7 days break while we return from a Sunday arvo game in heat from Perth? The AFL has to give my side as much chance of winning a premiership as any other team.

Sorry Curly? Which year are you referring to? In 09 we played Melbourne on a Saturday arvo in the last H&A game of the year. Yes we played the pies in the qualifying final (at the pies home ground) and we duly beat them - easily.

In 2010 we played the Crows on a Sunday arvo. Was it THAT hot in Adelaide in early September? Anyway, yes we had a 6 day break, but once again still won the Qualifying final (against the odds) against the cats - whose home ground is Simmonds Stadium or Etihad.

May have cost the Lions the 04 Flag, but I'm not sure how we were disadvantaged by the fixturing in 09/10?
Sorry I wasnt only talking about finals I was talking about the fixture in general. A top four position may be determined due to a sides ridiculous fixturing.

GSG
Club Player

the AFL has never been so generous to the battling clubs since I've been following footy. If they have, I'd love for someone to point out when? Our deal at Etihad stinks. We all agree on that. Why the hell did we sign it in the first place?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Again you haven't read my initial post. I said that Clubs don't want charity, just a fair go which at the moment is not the case. This is a pretty general view of supporters and media alike.
Also, I'm reasonably confident that St Kilda has a good chance to make finals, and will do even better next year. I simply lost interest in the game - this is not such a crime. Social Club and reserved seating is a lot of money for something you're not that interested any more.

You're a very passionate supporter and we're very lucky to have people like you - who knows, some time down I'll find the passion again (I hope).

Saints43
Club Player

Moods wrote:Our deal at Etihad stinks. We all agree on that. Why the hell did we sign it in the first place?
Rod Butterss said at the time that the "numbers didn't add up" when presented with the contract.
(Peter Gordon (I think) was running around calling it the goose that laid the golden egg)
When Butterss said that Saints would negotiate with the MCG we were told - by the AFL - that it was fully tenanted and that our matches would be fixtured at Docklands.
The AFL also negotiated the contract we had to sign. Negiotiated a much better one for Essendon though, which is pretty great considering we own the same amout of the AFL as them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
Moods wrote:Our deal at Etihad stinks. We all agree on that. Why the hell did we sign it in the first place?
Rod Butterss said at the time that the "numbers didn't add up" when presented with the contract.
(Peter Gordon (I think) was running around calling it the goose that laid the golden egg)
When Butterss said that Saints would negotiate with the MCG we were told - by the AFL - that it was fully tenanted and that our matches would be fixtured at Docklands.
The AFL also negotiated the contract we had to sign. Negiotiated a much better one for Essendon though, which is pretty great considering we own the same amout of the AFL as them.

Not correct but good for the paranoia and the chip.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Moods wrote:

its almost pointless trying to state factual truth
You could write that several years ago collingwood were the most travelled victorian club, but that would actually get turned round to the afl corruptly did it so that they would get more television coverage.
The draw is what it is, each year it will have winners and losers largely depending on where you finish on the ladder, and it only becomes an issue when you arent winning. SIMPLE FACT. I would love for the AFL to give us the anzac day clash and fixture it against the Suns just to shut a few people up, or hear them scream...just a little bit more.
I will ask again, which major reforms that have been implemented over the years, salary cap, ground rationalisation, draft, income redistribution
actually favours the rich clubs?

Seeya
Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

Butterss quote correct.
Footscray reaction correct.
St Kilda not allowed to negotiate with MGC correct.
Essendon have best deal at ES correct.
All club deals with ES negotiated by AFL correct.

What's incorrect?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

Butterss quote correct.

What's incorrect?
4 out of the 5 are incorrect. Essendon have the best deal though.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:[quote="plugger66
Butterss quote correct.

What's incorrect?
4 out of the 5 are incorrect. Essendon have the best deal though.[/quote]

Give some real facts then if you are so sure 4 out of 5 are incorrect

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Plugger knows everything because he is mates with every player in the AFL and they have a lot of access to the contractual information relating to stadium deals and even can telepathically read the bulldogs minds- can't argue with that.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Plugger knows everything because he is mates with every player in the AFL and they have a lot of access to the contractual information relating to stadium deals and even can telepathically read the bulldogs minds- can't argue with that.
He should be able to answer the question then, an answer I WILL pursue

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Instead of bagging everyone and telling them that they're wrong how about justifying why.
You never really add any insightful comments.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Instead of bagging everyone and telling them that they're wrong how about justifying why.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You dont have to say why if they arent correct. Do you explain to people why they are wrong when they say Plugger isnt as good as Capper?
Last edited by plugger66 on Sat 23 Mar 2013 8:40am, edited 1 time in total.

Saints43
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
He's a joke. Don't worry about him. Rod Butterss comment was on the public record. TheFootscray presidents statement was on public record. The fact that the AFL negotiated all tenant contracts at ES was acknowledged by the AFL in the last 24 months. That an underemployed bloke who spends his whole life listening to poxy sports radio and arguing anything and everything on the internet either can't our won't remember something is no guide.

Attention seeking, no life sad case.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You dont have to say why if they arent correct.
bulls***

4 out 5 of aren't correct you said...that means you have facts...what are they

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
He's a joke. Don't worry about him. Rod Butterss comment was on the public record. TheFootscray presidents statement was on public record. The fact that the AFL negotiated all tenant contracts at ES was acknowledged by the AFL in the last 24 months. That an underemployed bloke who spends his whole life listening to poxy sports radio and arguing anything and everything on the internet either can't our won't remember something is no guide.

As opposed to a pathetic liar. Yep attention seeking name on a computer. Makes as little sense as your crap posts but I must admit they are funny. Paranoia is funny and you are funny. And plugger66 who ever the f*** he is is attention seeking. That f***wit may be your only friend.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: As opposed to a pathetic liar. Yep attention seeking name on a computer. Makes as little sense as your crap posts but I must admit they are funny. Paranoia is funny and you are funny. And plugger66 who ever the f*** he is is attention seeking. That f***wit may be your only friend.

What are you taking tonight? Essendon are after someone that can supply it to them if you get bored if arguing about nothing. Paranoia is funny then sounding paranoid and talking about yourself in the third person- I'm thinking you are on magic mushrooms but pulling cones at the same time.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

As opposed to a pathetic liar. Yep attention seeking name on a computer. Makes as little sense as your crap posts but I must admit they are funny. Paranoia is funny and you are funny. And plugger66 who ever the f*** he is is attention seeking. That f***wit may be your only friend.
Still no answer to your statement P66...it's got the smell of crap all over it