Tom Lee

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom Lee

tweedaletomanning wrote:Just a bit disappointed as I have been raving about this guy since he was drafted.
I hate to say I told ya so, but raving about a guy before you've seen him play once? Seems pretty silly to me.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:Just a bit disappointed as I have been raving about this guy since he was drafted.
I hate to say I told ya so, but raving about a guy before you've seen him play once? Seems pretty silly to me.
Of course it is.... But I just got caught up in all the hype about how brilliant Pelchin is.

Only because he should be ready to go....he has been in the system before.

Thought we outsmarted the rest of the competition on this one.

Hope I still end up being right, and he becomes a star.

Guess ill have to be a bit more patient and hope it works out

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

SuperDuper wrote:As for Lee, as a 22 year old I would rate his season as (barring injury):

massive win: 22 games where he is influential in at least some and is generally dangerous
win: 22 dependable games where he does enough to justify selection each weak
par: 16 games but shows signs and in particular shows improvement, with a couple times at least getting in the best
below par: 12 games, indicating his form is not warranting consistent selection
disasterous recruiting move!: 6 games or less, which would indicate that he is showing nothing
This

kos
Club Player

The funny thing about the intr club matches are we want our forwards to kick 10 and our defenders not to concede a goal!
Can't win!
Give the boy a chance, he'll have pressure to perform, just needs to settle and adjust to afl footy.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

kos wrote:The funny thing about the intr club matches are we want our forwards to kick 10 and our defenders not to concede a goal!
Can't win!
Give the boy a chance, he'll have pressure to perform, just needs to settle and adjust to afl footy.
Good Post!!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

kos wrote:Give the boy a chance, he'll have pressure to perform, just needs to settle and adjust to afl footy.
Not if he still hasn't got the body for it, which a couple of posters have suggested. That means at least one big year in the gym before we can expect to see anything from him. (Unless he's got some mates who can help him on the peptide front, of course.)

kos
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
kos wrote:Give the boy a chance, he'll have pressure to perform, just needs to settle and adjust to afl footy.
Not if he still hasn't got the body for it, which a couple of posters have suggested. That means at least one big year in the gym before we can expect to see anything from him. (Unless he's got some mates who can help him on the peptide front, of course.)
Just trust the guys who got him to the club! They didn't exactly pick a name out of a hat, his form as a key position player over the last two years suggest hey may make it as an afl player. Put him in a forward line next to roo and Wilkes and he may find his feet!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

[quote="bergholt"][quote="tweedaletomanning"]Just a bit disappointed as I have been raving about this guy since he was drafted.[/quote]

I hate to say I told ya so, but raving about a guy before you've seen him play once? Seems pretty silly to me.[/quote]
Three words. February, practice match. Give the boy a chance. He and Hickey will be up to it. I have great faith that both of them will make it.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not sure why people had made so many tweaks to our best 22, there will be subtle changes....but the kids have to earn their spots as well.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

kos wrote:The funny thing about the intr club matches are we want our forwards to kick 10 and our defenders not to concede a goal!
Can't win!
Yes good point. It just may mean that Simpkin is now an elite defender. :D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Let's not write him off on the basis of one practice match. He is only 21. Obviously can play a bit and will take time to grow into whatever role he earns.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Just get him on whatever brent sanderson got taylor walker on.
Hell come good but may need a year in the system first.

spiral3
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:Three words. February, practice match. Give the boy a chance. He and Hickey will be up to it. I have great faith that both of them will make it.
too right, I remember Goddard and Ball's first intraclub, they both ran around like headless chickens, both somehow turned into decent players

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

bigcarl wrote:
Let's not write him off on the basis of one practice match. He is only 21. Obviously can play a bit and will take time to grow into whatever role he earns.

What you talking about Carl? He's been at the club over twelve weeks now!!!!!!! If he's not an instant star after twelve weeks then spade him..........especially as he cost us our top pick - isn't that supposed to guarantee that he will be an instant champion?? And I emphasisie the word INSTANT........ :roll: :shock: ............................... :lol:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

spiral3 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Three words. February, practice match. Give the boy a chance. He and Hickey will be up to it. I have great faith that both of them will make it.
too right, I remember Goddard and Ball's first intraclub, they both ran around like headless chickens, both somehow turned into decent players

Jees I was still saying goddard wouldn't make it after 2 years. Once his knee went I thought he was better off being jettisoned. I thought Moyle or Joe Mclaren were better players by far early on and showed heaps more potential. Goes to show you can't call it too early.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

True Believer wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

What you talking about Carl? He's been at the club over twelve weeks now!!!!!!! If he's not an instant star after twelve weeks then spade him..........especially as he cost us our top pick - isn't that supposed to guarantee that he will be an instant champion?? And I emphasisie the word INSTANT........ :roll: :shock: ............................... :lol:

See what your trying to do TB, but you would seem cleverer in your sarcasm if Lee was 17/18 not 22.

No one said he has to be an "instant star" :roll: Just showed very little yesterday, but SuperDuper's post was more to the point regarding expectations.

But like i said i was dissapointed in Yesterdays showing.

Flame me in 12 months if he ends up being a regular in the 22.

We are all hoping/needing him to become a player.

lets see what happens over the coming months.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

He needs to be 'fast tracked' on some Bomber Thompson special training.

sainter#4
Club Player

geez the opinions of some arm chair experts is eye opening. Bloke doesn't impress in 1 intra club game and he will be a dud?

I once saw ross tangatulum(spelling?) play a blinder in an intra club - 8 months later he was delisted.

Cant we just support the bloke and give him the best chance to succeed instead of writing him off already

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

we should have kept ross on the list.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sainter#4 wrote:geez the opinions of some arm chair experts is eye opening. Bloke doesn't impress in 1 intra club game and he will be a dud?

Don 't worry, remember many of these same clowns calling Dempster "Dumpster" and a dud. AA

Goddard was "no good" waste of a dp etc

Gwilt should have been delisted after one year

etc etc etc

Hell I even heard Lenny critisised for being "too slow" for AFL.

Lee might not make it, but the hysteria that goes on after a practice session is gobsmacking.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Lee has been at the club like 5 minutes.

People need to seriously chill.

He needs time to build his body, and time to learn the team game plans etc.

When playing as a leading forward he needs to learn how to gel with those that will be passing to him.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
dragit
Saintsational Legend

ImageImage

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:
bergholt wrote:
But I just got caught up in all the hype about how brilliant Pelchin is.
He's not the messiah, he's just an employee... :D :D

I hope he turns out to be better than Peake...that would be a big help....

I'm not sure how the recruiting set up works. Elshaug might have more say than the Pelican on drafting kids where as the Pelican might run trade week...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
loris
Saintsational Legend

On no................... is Tom Lee going to become 2013 whipping boy for the negative nellies? SAD

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Sounds like he just couldn't get involved and players weren't passing to him. Fairly crowded forward line. it happens. Not sure how that equates to spud material.