Jamie Cripps-Mitch Brown? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jamie Cripps-Mitch Brown? !!

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

2 1st round picks for Caddy?

Eff off d!ckheads

“Yeah….nah””
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:2 1st round picks for Caddy?

Eff off d!ckheads
But how do you measure potential? :lol:

He has 2 premierships & a brownlow... Oh no hang on, I was thinking of Ablett. Funi stuff.

Rosco
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Ralphy wrote:Cripps for brown straight swap get it done stkilda.

No way will they agree to that. A second rounder plus Cripps would get it done. A third rounder plus Cripps would be a steal.
i tend to agree with p66. cripps + 2nd rounder would get it done (but is weighted towards WCE), a 3rd rounder is the other side of the line and weighted our way.

we need a KPB. they don't need cripps.

Rosco
Club Player

Teflon wrote:2 1st round picks for Caddy?

Eff off d!ckheads
exactly.

they are basically a bad car salesman - start high so the compromise position is overs

SuperDuper
Club Player

I dont see Brown as being worth all that much. At 23 years old if you are not in the 22, you are not worth much. End of.
Cripps for Brown is fair. Cripps could end up good. Cripps + 3rd rounder I could live with.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Cripps is a future star. Mitch is a plodder who cannot break into the Eagles senior team. Offers less than Blake.

We'd lose out on a straight swap

battye
Saintsational Legend

Perth radio is stating that Brown has selected St Kilda as his club of choice, and a deal is being done for a straight swap of Brown for Cripps.

I agree bigcarl. We'd lose out on that deal.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
savatage
SS Life Member

If it's a straight swap, I'd be all over it like a rash....I think we'd have to throw a pick in to balance it out personally.

SaintTom
Club Player

They do say pretty categorically that they won't trade him. So a straight swap seems pretty out of the question. Seems like we want a straight swap, and WCE are tellin' us we're dreamin'.

savatage
SS Life Member

They're just playing hardball to get the best deal for themselves (which is fair enough)....but if your coach is telling you that you are fourth in line for a game - you really can't have it both ways, there will be a bit of hardball, some compromise & a deal done I'm sure.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Cripps is a future star. Mitch is a plodder who cannot break into the Eagles senior team. Offers less than Blake.

i can't see Cripps as a star. he's too scared to get the footy. how many CHBs or FBs do the club have?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Cripps is a future star. Mitch is a plodder who cannot break into the Eagles senior team. Offers less than Blake.

i can't see Cripps as a star. he's too scared to get the footy. how many CHBs or FBs do the club have?

i don't get the animosity towards Cripps apparently he dogged a contest once and he has all his quality over looked because someone didn't like him not going head first into a contest when he'd play a few games. I wonder why he wants out. He is quick has goal sense and can use the ball by hand and foot cleanly. He has shown more than most of the kids we have been developing in the last couple of years and is at an age where he is about to start making his mark. You don't expect 30 possessions a game at his age just steady development and he has been doing that.

savatage
SS Life Member

It's not about dogging it, for me - the jury is out. He snags a great goal but I just don't think he attracts the football. His second half of the year was definitely better than the first & gave me more hope about his ability - but firmly for me, jury is out. He could go either way IMO.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

no aminosity. he doesn't look to have anything special about him. just the run of a mill player otherwise West coast would snap him up

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:no aminosity. he doesn't look to have anything special about him. just the run of a mill player otherwise West coast would snap him up

I would say the same for Caddy and Stevens on their AFL form but what he has shown has been very positive to me. Just not sure we have had reasonble expectations of what he should have achieved until now. Armo is starting to get the consistency now but it takes time, same with jack Steven. Mitch Brown isn't exactly a world beater at this point. He has a brother that is good but does that make him better as a player? Both are guys that might be very good players or could be just strugglers that don't take their game to the next level.

savatage
SS Life Member

I dont see the attraction with Stevens. I hope someone else lands him, seems like just a GOP which we don't need. Caddy has a lot more upside, I'd definitely be interested if we weren't to pay overs. GC is currently dreaming on what they want for him.

I'm personally very keen on Mitch Brown because whilst he isn't the most agile on the quicker forwards, he'd do well on the Tom Hawkins & resting ruckman that kept killing us during the season.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote: I wonder why he wants out.
Young kid who was diagnosed as diabetic 18 months ago, family on other side of the continent. It's nothing more than that.
Good luck Jamie!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
super dooper
Club Player

Can someone please explain to me what Cripps has done to be considered a "future star"

I think I would take my chances with a 23 year old key position player as opposed to someone likely to be a half back flanker...

Injuries have been the curse for Brown in the past, the fact that he generally plays when fit is a good sign... Did he not play 2 finals this year?

Cripps and a 3rd rounder would be a massive win if we can pull it off... Given our drafting history of late even our second round pick might be worth the punt.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Imagine if we had drafted Darling and he wanted to go home.

We would be demanding two first rounders!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

super dooper wrote: Can someone please explain to me what Cripps has done to be considered a "future star"

I think I would take my chances with a 23 year old key position player as opposed to someone likely to be a half back flanker.
Personally I think Cripps is very promising, Has a real turn of pace. Let's not undervalue him or undersell ourselves in negotiations.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

super dooper wrote:

Can someone please explain to me what Cripps has done to be considered a "future star"

I think I would take my chances with a 23 year old key position player as opposed to someone likely to be a half back flanker...

Injuries have been the curse for Brown in the past, the fact that he generally plays when fit is a good sign... Did he not play 2 finals this year?

Cripps and a 3rd rounder would be a massive win if we can pull it off... Given our drafting history of late even our second round pick might be worth the punt.

i would say the fact that he was fast tracked even under Lyon shows he had something they like. he has ben played as a forward pocket in bursts but was drafted to be a Shaw style rebound fast ball carrier in the backline. He has done well in the forward pocket role in bursts has over come an injury interrupted last year to be played pretty consistently and has bulked up and built up more engine. He looks a future star because he has shown great skill when he gets the ball and is on track as much as most top 25 players in his draft year. All players take time and nothing he has done so far shows that he won't live up to his promise. I really wonder what people expect of guys in their first couple of years? Heppell Gaff and Wallis are the only ones up near the top that have shown real star promise and a few random players have shown more than expected including Siposs, Karnezis and Claye Beames. We won't be able to judge the 2010 draft until these guys are in the system for about 4 years.

Megamaguire
Club Player

Big Carl said 'Personally I think Cripps is very promising, Has a real turn of pace'.
I just get the feeling that Crippa has potential enough to get a good chance of it in 2013. I believe he has had difficulties adjusting to the development curve expected or hoped of him in his early years - in the AFL. Watters is keen to retain Jason on our list and i think he probably sees some real talent there. In Jason's case it may well have always been more likely that he'd have to wait till 2013 to have things click and for him to bring to matchday what the coach believes he is capable of. I also think he would do better with Scotty W. than Worsfold. I don't get the feeling that Scotty would push too hard too early. One more year and Crippa could well feel a bit more settled in Melbourne.
I also think he would find it a bit easier to get a regular gig @ St. Kilda (form permitting) than trying to crack a spot in a west coast outfit that could well be grand final contestents the next few years.

Mitch Brown sounds promising 'IF' he could successfully gel with Fish; Demps; Simps & Jimmy G.

I'd be happy if Crippa stayed a while longer, i think he could get used to things here.

GO CRIPSY (but stay put)!
GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
SaintTom
Club Player

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/ ... ll-saints/

'"Mitch is contracted, very much required and part of our future," Vozzo said. "We're not going to trade him, full stop."

"Through his management on Saturday he indicated that he wanted to seek a trade for more opportunity, but we're not interested. When he gets back from his holiday, we'll have a chat to him and move forward from there. He'll be fine."

Doesn't sound promising. Doesn't even sound like much of a bargaining position statement - seems like a flat out no. We obviously wanted a KPB and since Cripps wanted to go to WC, we thought this would be the easy option.

Doesn't look like it will be.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The big problem in this 'deal' is that our player is uncontracted and can literally walk to them for free, whereas their player is contracted so they can run the show, pretty sheet position to be in.