Chris Dawes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Shaggy
Club Player

Re: Chris Dawes

I would love to take Dawes as our big in the back line but I doubt collingwood will let him go.

IMO Simpkin is better then Maxwell already. In 3 years no discussion.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I think there is more logic than a 20 gamer being better than an AA and that 20 gamer has been dropped twice this year. And is captaincy isnt part of being a footballer then pity on your knowledge of the game. At least you can use icons. Shows you are very smart.
Yes well back on to logic........using your logic anyone who isnt a captain therefore suffers as a footballer yeah?..........bullet proof pragmatism right there....

I dont think Buddy Franklins a captain....seems a tad erratic for mine.......damn fine footballer....but hey, you've probably got Maxwell just ahead of him on "leadership qualities" again...

I'll back Simpkin - as I said - give him Maxwell's time in the game (captain or not) and he'll be a better player. You can hide behind "but coaches pick Maxwell" all you like.

I dont need an icon to know I'm smarter than you...but i do like them......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dawes is certainly better than a VFL player, he (and Nahas) always stood out when I caught a bit of VFL on TV...

I like the idea of turning him into a defender, I certainly don't think he should play the Leigh Brown role.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

It won't happen but for discussions sake, if he were available I would hope the Saints had a look. Would be stoked if we landed him.

I think he's got a lot to like. Still young for a key forward, could have a breakout year like the Tomahawk next year and prove a lot of people wrong.

FWIW, they're the same age.

1965 Saint
Club Player

Yep 2 coaches at the pies are have got it all wrong. SDurely the pies realise you must have a champion as captain of your club. Just look at all the last few winners of the GF. It completely proves that argument.[/quote][/quote]

Can anyone express a view without you intervening with your glib, smug retorts?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I think there is more logic than a 20 gamer being better than an AA and that 20 gamer has been dropped twice this year. And is captaincy isnt part of being a footballer then pity on your knowledge of the game. At least you can use icons. Shows you are very smart.
Yes well back on to logic........using your logic anyone who isnt a captain therefore suffers as a footballer yeah?..........bullet proof pragmatism right there....

I dont think Buddy Franklins a captain....seems a tad erratic for mine.......damn fine footballer....but hey, you've probably got Maxwell just ahead of him on "leadership qualities" again...

I'll back Simpkin - as I said - give him Maxwell's time in the game (captain or not) and he'll be a better player. You can hide behind "but coaches pick Maxwell" all you like.

I dont need an icon to know I'm smarter than you...but i do like them......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Do you read what is written or just what you think is written. i said you have to count the captaincy as part of being a footballer. I didnt say it made better than others who are clearly better. Franklin is clearly better than Maxwell. Even you have worked that out so it must be clear.

I have actually read what you wrote and you are now changing your mind. It seems you are far to easy. Previously Simpkin was pound for pound a better footballer than Maxwell what ever that means. People usually say that when people have completely different builds. They look pretty similar. Anyway you have now changed it given Maxwell's time in the game he will be a better player. How easy are you. And i will say coaches pick Maxwell because they certainly see him more than me and I am guessing you. 2 coaches have had him as captain as well. And AA selectors have picked him. It is a stupid illogical argument to say Simpkin is better now. I will not argue about future as my name isnt Marty McFly.

After reading how you have changed your mind I wont bother saying anything about how intelligent I am over you.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Yeah I do actually and I cant think of a player that is worse than Chris Dawes that gets a regular gig.
I can mate - Cloke!

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote:Yep 2 coaches at the pies are have got it all wrong. SDurely the pies realise you must have a champion as captain of your club. Just look at all the last few winners of the GF. It completely proves that argument.
[/quote]

Can anyone express a view without you intervening with your glib, smug retorts?[/quote]

Have you got anything to say about footy or are you incapable of understanding the game. There is a site that you could go on to learn. It is called AFL for dummies. Now is that glib and smug enough for you.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Gilbo signing for 3 years shocked a few. Just shows how important the clubs sees him. Good on him. I look forward to seeing him pepper the goals in 2013.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

if the price is right dawes would be a good match for our forward line, if we can get him for $200k to $250k and a round 2 draft pick and some fringe players, good, it maybe an opportunity collingwood are looking at clearing some space in their salary cap. Dawes will be better if cloke goes, if cloke stays, then dawes is surplus to their requirements. Not willing to get spanked by collingwood on the trade table though, or pay $400k plus for him.

Sorry Kozi, its third ruck, CHB or the trade table :( :(.

Stanley and Mcevoy are our first choice rucks. Kosi should accept $150k to $200k and play 3rd ruck, resting defending or be traded. been a long term defender of kosi but this year he's been terrible.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:Does he offer anymore than Wilkes?

This year I'd say no...but he could possibly ruck better... never been a massive wrap for him tbh
Dawes took way less money as he knows that he will do very well post-football in his career as a lawyer.

That says a fair bit.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He's a GOP nothing more....

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

We need a FB a lot lot more...as we only have Sam that can play the role, and we would like to use Sam elsewhere. Even an "average" FB will be an advantage for us.

Dawes is not that much different that Wilkes.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Chris Dawes is a log, how he gets a game is beyond me, Cloke isn't too far behind him either, if any team is stupid enough to give Cloke $1m a year then good luck to em.

No Thanks!

Sainter for life.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Dan Warna wrote:if the price is right dawes would be a good match for our forward line, if we can get him for $200k to $250k and a round 2 draft pick and some fringe players, good, it maybe an opportunity collingwood are looking at clearing some space in their salary cap. Dawes will be better if cloke goes, if cloke stays, then dawes is surplus to their requirements.
Agree totally. Dawes may become a fantastic fwd option, the fwd combo would stretch any defence.
As long as we could fit him in the salary cap.
If BJ goes, the club may be obliged to chase a high priced KPP like Dawes, otherwise if BJ stays, the only KPP we could afford may be a rookie who takes time to develop.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

If we did get him, it would have to be in his contract that he either a) grows a proper beard, or b) has a shave and joins the human race.

Seriously, that neanderthal three day growth look, which is cultivated as some kind of terrible fashion statement, should never be tolerated at St.Kilda FC.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We need a key back moreso

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:We need a key back moreso
What was wrong with Zac Dawson? This one still stumps me.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Like Ross & BJ, he basically wanted more money than we could pay him.

bennymac5
Club Player

Collingwood is far less entertaining to watch without Dawes.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

SaintPav wrote:
At the risk of causing a storm, Dawson was "surplus to requirements" :shock:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Do you read what is written or just what you think is written. i said you have to count the captaincy as part of being a footballer. I didnt say it made better than others who are clearly better. Franklin is clearly better than Maxwell. Even you have worked that out so it must be clear.

I have actually read what you wrote and you are now changing your mind. It seems you are far to easy. Previously Simpkin was pound for pound a better footballer than Maxwell what ever that means. People usually say that when people have completely different builds. They look pretty similar. Anyway you have now changed it given Maxwell's time in the game he will be a better player. How easy are you. And i will say coaches pick Maxwell because they certainly see him more than me and I am guessing you. 2 coaches have had him as captain as well. And AA selectors have picked him. It is a stupid illogical argument to say Simpkin is better now. I will not argue about future as my name isnt Marty McFly.

After reading how you have changed your mind I wont bother saying anything about how intelligent I am over you.
Are you a full moron or just half?

The old saying "pound for pound" is often used to mean like for like - it doesnt have to equate to comparing pure physical body shapes - honestly tell us all you're not that dumb? Tell us all you dont take life that literally...? ...(then again probably best you say little). Does a "bird in the hand".....depend on the type of bird?.. :mrgreen: (there's one of those funny icons that confuse you so..)

I'll say again so you dont get confused again and ramble on about changing minds and all sorts of dribble... pound for pound Tom Simpkin is/will be/shall be/can be (I'll leave you to fill in the blanks...you're good at blanks Im tipping..) a better football than Maxwell....cant be much clearer and I dont need to be McFly to have an opinion....clearly you need to be told daily what you think......glad this site isnt all that way.

Interesting that you're now backing away from the importance of captaincy as "part of a footballer"......again, you brought Maxwells leadership skills into the discuission as some sort of validation of how good a player you think he is......a dumb, illogical argument and I dont blame you for now runnign away from it.

Maxwell is an average player IMO especially compared to other key backs playing similar roles in other sides. He gets the benefit of playing in a great side and in a very good defensive unit.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Are you a full moron or just half?

The old saying "pound for pound" is often used to mean like for like - it doesnt have to equate to comparing pure physical body shapes - honestly tell us all you're not that dumb? Tell us all you dont take life that literally...? ...(then again probably best you say little). Does a "bird in the hand".....depend on the type of bird?.. :mrgreen: (there's one of those funny icons that confuse you so..)

I'll say again so you dont get confused again and ramble on about changing minds and all sorts of dribble... pound for pound Tom Simpkin is/will be/shall be/can be (I'll leave you to fill in the blanks...you're good at blanks Im tipping..) a better football than Maxwell....cant be much clearer and I dont need to be McFly to have an opinion....clearly you need to be told daily what you think......glad this site isnt all that way.

Interesting that you're now backing away from the importance of captaincy as "part of a footballer"......again, you brought Maxwells leadership skills into the discuission as some sort of validation of how good a player you think he is......a dumb, illogical argument and I dont blame you for now runnign away from it.

Maxwell is an average player IMO especially compared to other key backs playing similar roles in other sides. He gets the benefit of playing in a great side and in a very good defensive unit.

I am not going to embarrass you anymore. You have no ability to address facts. Now please stop trying to sound like you understand the game. Luckily there are a few on her that realise writing a lot means nothing and you hae proved it. Yout wrote a fair bit and said nothing. Now I suggest you go back in your hole. It will be the hole you see havent for a while. I only say that because most girls dont like dumb people and with you dribble here you really do qualify. By the way i back away from nothing. I have always thought you had no idea and it is now confirmed. Now please the the embarrassment of you.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I am not going to embarrass you anymore. You have no ability to address facts. Now please stop trying to sound like you understand the game. Luckily there are a few on her that realise writing a lot means nothing and you hae proved it. Yout wrote a fair bit and said nothing. Now I suggest you go back in your hole. It will be the hole you see havent for a while. I only say that because most girls dont like dumb people and with you dribble here you really do qualify. By the way i back away from nothing. I have always thought you had no idea and it is now confirmed. Now please the the embarrassment of you.
If you like Plugger, I can edit this paragraph for you so that it makes sense. I'll have it ready for you to pick up say by Monday morning?

saintbob
SS Life Member

Dawes was only made look good over the last few years because he was only ever getting the oppisition's third best defender.
Because Liegh Brown was playing the role that they've asked Dawes to do this year, which he quite clearly isn't up to!!!!