Milne and OBrien investigation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milne and OBrien investigation

plugger66 wrote:Nothing will come of it but i have no idea why Milney would even say it. He has said it twice now to pies players. Surely he is smart enough to come up with something better than that. That is 10 year old sledging.

Probably because their coach calls him a rapist and gets the afl to step in and make milne apologise to them. Maybe because no umpire ever stands up to players calling him rapist?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Lead article now Herald Scum

Crazy world!!

saint4life
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Nothing will come of it but i have no idea why Milney would even say it. He has said it twice now to pies players. Surely he is smart enough to come up with something better than that. That is 10 year old sledging.

Probably because their coach calls him a rapist and gets the afl to step in and make milne apologise to them. Maybe because no umpire ever stands up to players calling him rapist?

Sorry but i cant remember what players called him a rapist and what has that got to do with what I said. Do I have to remind you to question what I said and not what you imagined.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Surely he is smart enough to come up with something better than that.
smart enough? milney? not sure that's something he's ever been accused of.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Surely he is smart enough to come up with something better than that.
smart enough? milney? not sure that's something he's ever been accused of.

I heard some pretty dumb people be very good sledgers. Milney has had years of practice. I thought he may have learnt some good lines. He should come here occasionly. There are some good and some very bad ones on here.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

He should concentrate more on the skill of keeping his feet in a contest and leave the sledging to someone who can do more than 1 thing at a time!

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

This a joke! Milne has copped it non-stop from everyone, players and supporters for over 10 years! He has always left it on the field and moved on. From now on Milne should lag on absolutely everyone! There will alot of investigations every single week! If this wasn't actually really happening it would be laughable!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Someone with some balls at our football club needs to stand up for Milney ,its time for the coach to show some leadership and go into bat for his players,like brad Scott does.

PADDLEPOP1000
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Geez I hate Collingwood now more than ever! I will laugh my bloody head off if they lose another Grand Final this year!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Harry Overated lagged to the umpire! Geez I would be ashamed if he was playing in my side! "Miss, miss he called me a Homo! Miss, Miss!" That is a disgrace and is really pathetic! I have no more respect for that man anymore! Not that I had any anyway!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Nothing will come of it

I hope you are right on this one Plugger.

Nothing would surprise me coming from the very PC league and its fat emperor.
Last edited by bigcarl on Thu 09 Aug 2012 7:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Laughable. Need to seriously harden the F..K up.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Harry Overated lagged to the umpire! Geez I would be ashamed if he was playing in my side! "Miss, miss he called me a Homo! Miss, Miss!" That is a disgrace and is really pathetic!
:lol:

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Remember his 'thinking chair' . What a flog of a bloke. News to you Harry - having dreads doesnt make you smart or spiritual. Flog.
So true

This guy puts himself out there as the AFL's answer to the Dalai Lama cause he has dreadlocks?

He's a dead set fw!t
Try to find his story about going to Brazil & spending time in the ghettos of Rio. Absolutely cringeworthy stuff even for the country's greatest wanker.

There was a fantastic thread on BigFooty a while back about his unparallelled 'flogness'.
You don't remember the article on Page 1 of the Hun, when he was sooking that he wanted to meet Barack Obama to talk about world peace and fight poverty?

It was embarassing to think that ran on the front page, in that someone in the editorial section actually gave approval.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Milne will come out of this ok.

The Filth and that Maggot will be the laughing stock.

Is the umpire who has reported this the same one who payed the free against Milne at the end? If it is, that's where the AFL should channel their energies.

Sadly I think until on brave and courageous player actually comes out and says "I am gay and I was offended by what player Milne supposedly said to player O'Brien", it will all about about the witchhunt and shooting at shadows with this episode as a sideshow.

Sadly no player will dare to come out, not because of what someone like Aker has said, but because they are fearful of how the culture within players, clubs and the AFL will not be that supportive for that player.

As a supporter, I couldn't give a stuff about the sexual orientatin of a player, but please don't let that knob become the poster boy for the downtrodded, the excluded and the misunderstood because can you really see those feral supporters giving support if one of their players was the first one to come out? Hardly!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I still think at the heart of it the umpire fearing that he might come out of a night where he persecuted milne on field might gain public sympathy by showing what a poor excuse for a human being he is. He took it public to make Milne look bad in the public eye to excuse how he might have been perceived. A good judgement from a man who earn a wage for his supposed good judgement.

suss
Club Player

I'm not so sure it's even considered a derogatory term these days. Oh how things change.

Not that i condone the sledge but margett is surely taking things to the extreme by referring it for investigation.

That's four last quater free kicks, a 50 metre penalty, a bodgy decision that cost us the game and an AFL investigation. Must have it in for the tip rat or us.

Bayside Nick
Club Player

What about calling Ling an ugly b'std? Or calling Milne a rapist. What about what was said to Roo all last year? Saints need to stand up for ourselves. This is a disgrace. Meanwhile Swan and his relatively insignificant night out on the drugs is forgotten?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bayside Nick wrote:What about calling Ling an ugly b'std? Or calling Milne a rapist. What about what was said to Roo all last year? Saints need to stand up for ourselves. This is a disgrace. Meanwhile Swan and his relatively insignificant night out on the drugs is forgotten?
Was he on drugs? :shock:

Harry 'hom' O is a sook.

The guy is a joke, he actually thought that he should be given a chance to address Barak Obama when he came to australia... delusional.

Superstar
Club Player

I see a lot of Harry O bashing on this thread, but hasn't it been reported that he has told the AFL he doesn't want this taken any further??? Or am I wrong in this???

philtee
Club Player

The precedent here could well be the Will Minson/Danyle Pearce "Your mother" controversy of 2 months ago.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/probe- ... 6399207354

Then, it was the Bulldogs who stood Minson down for a week for what was said on the field.
That should have been a warning for Milney.
This is all about perceptions of "drawing the line" and who gets to draw it, and where the hell is the line now anyway.
I expect press conference, admissions of repentance, handshakes, then back to business, and all players
are going to STFU.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Superstar wrote:I see a lot of Harry O bashing on this thread, but hasn't it been reported that he has told the AFL he doesn't want this taken any further??? Or am I wrong in this???
Where does it say that?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Superstar wrote:I see a lot of Harry O bashing on this thread, but hasn't it been reported that he has told the AFL he doesn't want this taken any further??? Or am I wrong in this???
Where does it say that?

early media speculation had Collingwood making the refferal to AFL But it has since come out that it was the Umpire who has made the report...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107