My turn to turn on Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

My turn to turn on Kosi

I would love someone who is a Kosi fan to tell me what he has provided to our game in the last 8 weeks. He was again pathetic last night and cannot ruck at all. The decision to kick a high ball to Milne in the last minute sums up how he thinks about the game. very lucky Wilkes cant play and Stanley is injured. And i one who hardly ever bags a player.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: My turn to turn on Kosi

He's a great clubman and a rising star winner and he's Roos best mate. You don't know anything about football if you think you can take a bloke like that out of the team.

citywest

As I've said before, Kosi had a lot of potential but injuries hurth him badly. AFL is a business though. If you give games to players because they are good people or because they have been unlucky with injuries then you are kidding yourself. Kosi should retire at the end of this season. SIMPLE.

saint6709
Club Player

Kosi - should be moved on I think - in his defence there were 2 or 3 scraggs on him which were atomatic frees at the other end - could have had 4 goals - my main problem with him is what happens for the rest of the game when he is not having his 2- 4 shots on goal - his opponent runs rampant at ground level and virtually provides a loose defender

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Please tell me we can get out of that contract extension, we really do need to move on without Kosi now.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

sadly I think he must play in the ruck or go to the magoos :(

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:sadly I think he must play in the ruck or go to the magoos :(

Did you see his ruck work? And i hate bagging him but it does my head in watching his lack of second efforts.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Kosi= witches hat

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

There are at least 5 other players that have played worse than Kosi last night or throughout this year.

Emotions will be running high since last nights lost because of the realisation that we weren't going to make the 8 but Kosi isn't the only reason.

Surely people get that.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Was better in the second half, coincidently when BJ got busy.

Not going to hold any of the forwards second quarter against them, not sure it came in there.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Was better in the second half, coincidently when BJ got busy.

Not going to hold any of the forwards second quarter against them, not sure it came in there.

2 Possessions in the first half and 3 in the second. Reckon your easily pleased. He was poor again.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

He can mark and he can kick, but he can't run and his ruck work has never been good enough (Memo: Grant Thomas). He will often get his hands to the ball first, but has no knowledge of the just where our players are or will run to. This was why Luke Ball was so important, because our rucks knew to just bring it straight down, where he would be. The rucks could just nullify and we would live to fight another day it he didn't handball it out. Kosi used to be much better below his knees (as was Nick who can no longer pick up balls kicked to his feet, although he gets plenty of practice). In the first half, Kosi was bumped off the ball when the it was at least twenty metres away. Because he has never been into staging, or making the most of an infringement, the opposition get away with it, particularly with incompetent umpires, and we had three of them last night.
Last edited by perfectionist on Sun 05 Aug 2012 11:11am, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I would love someone who is a Kosi fan to tell me what he has provided to our game in the last 8 weeks. He was again pathetic last night and cannot ruck at all. The decision to kick a high ball to Milne in the last minute sums up how he thinks about the game. very lucky Wilkes cant play and Stanley is injured. And i one who hardly ever bags a player.
At least you have provided reasons why you think he is no good unlike a couple of other idiots on this site who say he is just sh!t.

Like you said, Kosi is in the side because at the moment there is no one else. there are probably one or two others as well.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I just don't get the need to single out Kosi when clearly everyone knows that he is in the team because there aren't any other options and that probably won't change next year or the year after. He is not alone though. There are at least five other players in the side because there aren't any other options.

The value Kosi gives in terms of what he gets paid versus what some of his so-called elite overpaid teammates gives is pretty good.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I remember the days when he used to be fast for a big man - and athletic!

I know he's had a myriad of injuries, but I can't cop him being bumped off the ball so easily in contests. It seems his only go now is when he can run and jump at a ball. He can't contest one on one in the air to bring it to ground (Roo can do that and that's certainly not his go either) and he may as well be off the ground once the ball hits the ground.

Very frustrating. I recall back in 07 he was actually a competent ruckman. How can a player play 200 games and be so disappointing so often?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I would love someone who is a Kosi fan to tell me what he has provided to our game in the last 8 weeks. He was again pathetic last night and cannot ruck at all. The decision to kick a high ball to Milne in the last minute sums up how he thinks about the game. very lucky Wilkes cant play and Stanley is injured. And i one who hardly ever bags a player.

Someone wants to change the subject from the umpires.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Playing injured imo.

He was fit earlier on and it showed, with good results.

I agree he would be rested if Wilkes could play and Stanley was fit...

That said he is alot more dangerous when Stanley is in, because most defenses can't match up on all three talls.

He was average last night, but we don't have anyone else.
Last edited by Leo.J on Sun 05 Aug 2012 12:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:

Someone wants to change the subject from the umpires.
I thought that too.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

This thread is needed though, he just doesn't do enough.
Tough decisions needed this year I reckon.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Kossie is a total liability and a football retard

How he gets a game is mind boggling

Even if Wilkes and Stanley are not available I'd much rather play Siposs and have a slightly smaller forward line

The decision to play Kossie all year has cost a finals place

Watters is accountable for this stupidity

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

When he clunked a big contested mark I was wondering why the tried setting up marks in the forward line that were chopped off time and again when he is capable of smashing in to the packs at the top of the square. Have milne or saad there next to him for the scraps.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Why play an out of form player, when we could at least be giving young guys some big- game experience. I think that will all change come next season.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
At least you have provided reasons why you think he is no good unlike a couple of other idiots on this site who say he is just sh!t.

Like you said, Kosi is in the side because at the moment there is no one else. there are probably one or two others as well.

we shouldnt have to give reasons, it is just so obvious he is not up to AFL standard, if you need reasons please met me now and i will write a book just for you.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
defacto
Club Player

there is no defence for kozi. he's done. give him his retirement game and move on.

we do not have the luxury of gifting players games for this whack sense of "loyalty". we we're extremely loyal to kozi, defending him game after game, for his poor performances. injury/flu/no support/played out of position, the list of excuses goes on and on and on. if he's always injured doesnt that tell you his body just isnt up to afl anymore. i have not known another player to be carried to the extent kozi has been the last 3 seasons, it has got progressively worse. started this season off with a bang but then the body just caved in.

time to give time to wilkes, siposs, markworth. players who are/might be in our game plan over the next 3 seasons.

more i think about it the sadder/angrier i feel.

thing that angers me more. kozi if youre going to have a bad game, then fine, have a bad one. but dont drag other players down with you and injure them, ala roo in the 1st qtr against sydney. then he puts him self in positions that we as a club can not afford when we are lacking talls, ala the suspensions or MRP attention.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

There is one reason why Kosi is in the team, neither Sipposs, Wilkes and others cannot give Ben a break from the ruck.
Interesting last night, the only time kosi looked good last night was when BJ kicked it up high and to his advantage where he could run and jump at it.
Unfortunately, it seems a lot of our players don't seem to remember this often enough.
They did it against Hawthorn where he took 4 or 5 telling pack contested marks in the forward line.
Look, Kosi is coming to the end, there is no doubt about him, and despite the fact we are no more than likely going to miss the eight, we haven't had a bad year, we haven't been smashed by anyone. We go to games still thinking we are chance to win.
Last year I was so frustrated with how we played, despite the winning, but that was it, we we're just winning. This year when we win we win big, hence why we have such a superior percentage to any side up to 5th spot.
But, as with Kosi, and many other players we have, I remember a comment made about the Eagles in the late 90's. The names are the same, but they are not the same players.
So until Stanley comes back into the side, Kosi will keep playing for team balance. Even if Stanley does come back, he probably still stays in, because he can than just stay down in the goal square, which means the opposition have to keep a player on him.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.