Get Raph OUT of there!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Re: Get Raph OUT of there!!!

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Sick of the raph bashing gents, he hasn't been great, but by geez he's had some mates,gwilt,dal,Goddard,montagna
Sick of Raph bashing? I'm sick of people trying to defend him and cover his arse. There's one big difference with those other players he's being compared with. They are usually good players that had a bad night. As far as Clarke is concerned this is it he doesn't get any better. It bewilders me how people can't see how rediculously slow and lacking in body strength he is for this level. (then again there are people that will still vote Labour again so enough said).

What amazes me is you would think he would be aware of this himself by now and treat the ball like a hot potatoe and get rid of it quickly. But no he lopes around with it like he has all day in heavy traffic and when run down and penalised gets up like nothing happened.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Poor Raph has a go but he is not AFL standard, never has been, never will be. I admire him for his courage and effort but he is making the same mistakes he always has and it's unacceptable. The club has made a massive error in retaining him and a host of others for so long.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Raph was our best defender yesterday. Was the only defender who consistantly threw himself at the contest.
Some people of here only see what they want to see.
Yep he got run down again and it looked terrible but which other defender got himself into a position to do that? None!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

saintkid wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintkid wrote:
As long as you don't tell me how "important" Gram is for the team who AGAIN copped abuse from plenty out there today....me included. :)

Well you are a true supporter them or a knob. I will go with a knob.

Thanks for the compliment....again. :) Coming from a delusional supporter like you its quite "heart warming" to be called a knob. There sure was a LOT of knobs out there today when it came to Gram's insipid gutless performance but you keep defending him. This joker of a footballer would have been dropped a long time ago playing that kind of footy at any of the top 4 clubs (or others for that matter). You know why the Pies are such a good club because every one of the 22 that put on their jumper play with a ton of ticker.

If you still think Gram is a player that is going to help us get back to the top again, then you should be calling yourself a "knob".
No p66 is right you are a knob!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
dragit
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:Was the only defender who consistantly threw himself at the contest.
I don't mind Raph, but this is his biggest problem… he 'throws' himself all the time, meaning that he always ends up on the ground, which you just can't afford to do… if you don't keep your feet we are effectively outnumbered immediately after every contest.

& the worst part about when he was run down, was that there were 2 open team-mates streaming ahead which Raph had plenty of time to pass to, probably resulting in a Saints goal.

Lachie Hansen - 3 goals, not a good sign.

saintkid
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintkid wrote:

Well you are a true supporter them or a knob. I will go with a knob.

Thanks for the compliment....again. :) Coming from a delusional supporter like you its quite "heart warming" to be called a knob. There sure was a LOT of knobs out there today when it came to Gram's insipid gutless performance but you keep defending him. This joker of a footballer would have been dropped a long time ago playing that kind of footy at any of the top 4 clubs (or others for that matter). You know why the Pies are such a good club because every one of the 22 that put on their jumper play with a ton of ticker.

If you still think Gram is a player that is going to help us get back to the top again, then you should be calling yourself a "knob".
No p66 is right you are a knob!

Really?? Go read the Gram thread. Not interested in your incisive personal attack.

evo
Club Player

The selection panel seem to have run out of patience too. I thought that a few of the witches hats from the last game are very lucky there are few replacements on the senior list.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I guess Raph can just watch from the stand while the midfield let their opponents pump the ball forward and pressure our backs again..

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't confident for Raph from Watters comments the week previous.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Wasn't confident for Raph from Watters comments the week previous.
Was thinking the same... Career over, unfortunately for him, constant injuries have never let him build any continuity or confidence.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Dont forget his epilepsy!

older saint
SS Life Member

Scapegoat once again. Others given multiple chances earlier in the year Gilbert, Kosi, etc, yet poor team performance and Clarke out again. Never will be a superstar. Best thing for him will be to be traded / delisted

Middo
Club Player

dragit wrote:
SainterK wrote:Wasn't confident for Raph from Watters comments the week previous.
Was thinking the same... Career over, unfortunately for him, constant injuries have never let him build any continuity or confidence.

Yeah shame after 8 or 9 years thought he was finally getting there ..!! :wink:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Middo
Club Player

older saint wrote:Scapegoat once again. Others given multiple chances earlier in the year Gilbert, Kosi, etc, yet poor team performance and Clarke out again. Never will be a superstar. Best thing for him will be to be traded / delisted

Probably best for St.Kilda as well ...

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Kosi and a few others extremely lucky. Raph was far from our worst

andrewg
Club Player

Is Raph even aware his rubbish? Probably as aware as he is on the field? Dropped and gone! Thank goodness.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Raph has never been AFL standard and never will be. Sad, but true.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Is Raph even aware his rubbish? Probably as aware as he is on the field? Dropped and gone! Thank goodness.

What does that actually mean. Should he have a sign on him saying he is rubbish?

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

andrewg wrote:Is Raph even aware his rubbish? Probably as aware as he is on the field? Dropped and gone! Thank goodness.
Are you aware that you spell like a 3rd grader? It's not his it's he's. Or are you asking if Raph is aware of his rubbish???

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Maybe some of the keyboard cowards who like to turn on our own at the drop of a hat would like to come down and talk to Raph in person. He usually sits around Bay 21 with the other players.

Go on big men, come and tell him what you really think.

no, I thought not, then p**s off

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
The Enemy Within

Harshly done by, yes he got run down again but far from our worst he and Geary were our 2 best defenders.

Kernal75
Club Player

Watters comments ring loud and true - "Raph has to learn his limitations as a footballer". He's out this week, and rightly so, but will we ever see him again?
If we lose to the bombers and are realistaically no chance of the finals then Watters will start to call time on some players. Raph is right in that group along with others, so I expect to see more kids once we're no chance of finals. Raph unfortunately just does not warrant another contract next year when we should really start our rebuilding phase.

older saint
SS Life Member

Limitations absolutely , however some of the dribble on here to say he isnt and has never been to AFL standard.
Perhaps go watch the 2nd half of the 2009 Prelim Final - No Raph Clark in that game no Grand Final appearance!
So did/does have the talent just no confidence and clearly poor awareness

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

All the hullabaloo when Raph got ran down from behind, but not a mention on the same thing happening to Saad near the goal square.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:All the hullabaloo when Raph got ran down from behind, but not a mention on the same thing happening to Saad near the goal square.
Probably something to do with
Saad 1st year player - 6th game
Raph 10th year - 90 odd games
People are still asking for saad to be dropped too which I find odd, he is the future and needs all the experience he can get.