SAINTS Army on Friday night

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Elementary

SAINTS Army on Friday night

I am tired of the ads about the Tiger army being out this Friday night. Where is the SAINTS army? Forget the cheersquad. They are less than 1% of the Saints supporters at the game. Richmond fans do not rely on their cheersquad (which is also less than 1% of their supporters at games). They rely on EVERY supporter. Thats why they are an ARMY. Thats why they get the coverage on the ads. They are rabid, they are exciting, they are loud. There has been a lot about the cheersquad this week on this site but nothing about the role of each and every member. If you are not yelling this Friday, YOU are not doing your job. If the Saints person near you is not yelling, ask them to become vocal. We need AT LEAST 50% of SAINTS supporters cheering. Then we will have an army. Then opposition clubs will fear our strength. Then the players will know they can rely on our help. Then we will be on the ads. Will you be a member of OUR Army or will you expect someone else to do the work, someone you can complain about on here.

Ross who?
Club Player

Re: SAINTS Army on Friday night

+1. Well said! Get behind 'em guys. For every sound the opposition fans make, lets better it!

Blake Acres fan club VIP
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Really all it needs is for someone to go around before the match and organise one willing Saints person in each aisle to stand and orchestrate the St Kilda clap clap clap chant...would that be hard to sync it would it?

paulski
Club Player

Where do I sign up?

I'm gonna go nuckin futs!!!

Go Sainters!!

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

yeah I'll be there cheering lots and you know... the usual stuff. Bring it on I say... This match is primed for a good win... Richmond have been pumped up so much their tyres have exploded.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

If you wanna be like the Tiger army just cry "BALL" every time there's even a hint of a tackle.

milney044
Club Player

Well I wish I had the luxury of sitting around you folk who actually want to make noise. Instead, I sit in the Social Club where you are told by fellow Saints supporters to "shut up" when you shout support for the boys. I know I have mentioned this in another thread, but far out it is pathetic and worthy of another slam. Toughen up Saints fans and get behind the boys. If you don't like the noise, STAY HOME.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

thats what happens when the sell the social club as a reserved seating area, it pushes out those of us who used to enjoy sitting in there and making some noise.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
paulski
Club Player

I can sympathise with you milney044. Used to have a reserved seat in the outer on lower level for 8 years with a mate.

Had a few oldies behind us who told us to sit down after an exciting goal one day. Really pissed us off, and it never felt
right tempering our enthusiasm thereafter. :evil:

Ever since we've just stood. The good thing about standing is you can go wherever you like if there's a nuffy near you.
Good veiwing too, and I'm a shortass!!

milney044
Club Player

paulski wrote:I can sympathise with you milney044. Used to have a reserved seat in the outer on lower level for 8 years with a mate.

Had a few oldies behind us who told us to sit down after an exciting goal one day. Really pissed us off, and it never felt
right tempering our enthusiasm thereafter. :evil:

Ever since we've just stood. The good thing about standing is you can go wherever you like if there's a nuffy near you.
Good veiwing too, and I'm a shortass!!

Yep, that sounds way too familiar. I don't mind the idea of standing, basically I just want to be able to go to the footy and support the boys without feeling like I'm a lunatic whose interrupting the theatre. Pretty sad that my own fellow fans can irriate me as much as opposition supporters, and believe me, that's saying something!!

Austinnn
Club Player

Elementary wrote:I am tired of the ads about the Tiger army being out this Friday night. Where is the SAINTS army? Forget the cheersquad. They are less than 1% of the Saints supporters at the game. Richmond fans do not rely on their cheersquad (which is also less than 1% of their supporters at games). They rely on EVERY supporter. Thats why they are an ARMY. Thats why they get the coverage on the ads. They are rabid, they are exciting, they are loud. There has been a lot about the cheersquad this week on this site but nothing about the role of each and every member. If you are not yelling this Friday, YOU are not doing your job. If the Saints person near you is not yelling, ask them to become vocal. We need AT LEAST 50% of SAINTS supporters cheering. Then we will have an army. Then opposition clubs will fear our strength. Then the players will know they can rely on our help. Then we will be on the ads. Will you be a member of OUR Army or will you expect someone else to do the work, someone you can complain about on here.
ABSO frikin LUTELY! No surprises that I agree 100%! God, I wish I could be there tomorrow!
milney044 wrote:Well I wish I had the luxury of sitting around you folk who actually want to make noise. Instead, I sit in the Social Club where you are told by fellow Saints supporters to "shut up" when you shout support for the boys. I know I have mentioned this in another thread, but far out it is pathetic and worthy of another slam. Toughen up Saints fans and get behind the boys. If you don't like the noise, STAY HOME.
But who gives them the right to tell you how to behave? Can't you ignore them or are there too many? Someone needs to tell them how to behave. Next time they try that rubbish, just ask if there are any Saints supporters around, when one of them pipes up ask them how they are supporting their team. Tell them that if you want to be quiet and civilized, you can buy a corporate box. The ground should be full of passionate supporters, that's what the AFL want to see, not theatregoers, and as long as you don't threaten their safety, you're not doing anything wrong.

I don't know if you're spitting on the tops of their heads or offending their ears with swear words or scaring their kids or what, but as far as I'm concerned if you go to watch a game of footy, you should be prepared to live with that kind of behavior anyway.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
milney044
Club Player

Yeah we certainly ignore them, if anything it makes us yell even louder! It's still bloody annoying though to be told to shut up when we cheer for the players. If we were swearing or being racist or offensive then they might have a point, but not when we're being loud in support of the Saints. Mind you mum did call Carlton "scum" one week and you should have seen the looks that were shot her way, I mean come on, everyone knows Carlton are scum!!

But anyway like it or not I'll be sitting there again this week and yelling and screaming for the mighty Saints and if they don't like it, well they can sit somewhere else. :P

Should be a cracker of a game, the Saints by 7 points is my tip.