Our Cheer Squad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

seano1
Club Player

Our Cheer Squad

Whats with the cheer squad or is it the stadium.......sitting lower level near the 50 mtr line around from our cheer squad heard sfa from them and yet could hear the swans cheer squad ????

paulski
Club Player

Re: Our Cheer Squad

They're pathetic!

But then again, how load can 65 year old women be???

The Jeff
Club Player

paulski wrote:They're pathetic!

But then again, how load can 65 year old women be???
What kind of load do you look for in a 65 year old woman?

FQF
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

seano1 wrote:Whats with the cheer squad or is it the stadium.......sitting lower level near the 50 mtr line around from our cheer squad heard sfa from them and yet could hear the swans cheer squad ????
We sit directly behind them and the 10-15 people that stand at back are louding then entire cheersquad. You cant hear the "cheersquad" from 15m away!! Also ive never understood why the group behind get fair bit crowd going the cheersquad refuse to get involved and just sit there with dumb looks on their faces!

paulski
Club Player

Whoops, I meant LOUD! :oops:

What sort of cheersquad chants : "We want another one, just like the other one, goal, goal, goal, Whoooooo"

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

If you're not happy with the Cheer squad, then JOIN US!!!!! and be a part of the solution!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
The Jeff
Club Player

paulski wrote:Whoops, I meant LOUD! :oops:

What sort of cheersquad chants : "We want another one, just like the other one, goal, goal, goal, Whoooooo"
LOL. So, having lived in NT and WA for the past couple of years, I do miss going to the games (more than anything).

But one thing I will never miss, is that chant: "We want another one, just like the other one, goal, goal, goal, Whoooooo". And they know how embarrassing most Saints fans find it but refuse to change their ways. This is excactly why they fail to be representative of the broader Saints fans. Nothing makes me cringe more watching the footy on TV than when the special effects mike picks up that chant.

FQF
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I'll be honest.. The current cheer squad is an utter shell of what it once was. Where's the massive flags and colour and over the top banners and stuff? The cheer squad of the early 1990's had MASSIVE home made flags... non of this store bought generic rubbish. I mean if you're going to be in the cheer squad... pull your finger out and make yourself a massive kick arse flag!! There's very few home made flags getting around these days. I only bring mine out for the big games... generally only the last 2 weeks of September, if we're lucky to make it there.

These days the cheer squad barely fills 20 seats.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The SwInes cheersquad looked much bigger than ours last night.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
seano1 wrote:Whats with the cheer squad or is it the stadium.......sitting lower level near the 50 mtr line around from our cheer squad heard sfa from them and yet could hear the swans cheer squad ????
We sit directly behind them and the 10-15 people that stand at back are louding then entire cheersquad. You cant hear the "cheersquad" from 15m away!! Also ive never understood why the group behind get fair bit crowd going the cheersquad refuse to get involved and just sit there with dumb looks on their faces!
Perhaps thats cause a few of the Ladys are dumb...

The Jeff
Club Player

Ralphy wrote:Perhaps thats cause a few of the Ladys are dumb...
irony...

FQF
paulski
Club Player

Poor cheersquad's copping it tonight!

Were just on Andrew Gaze's "turn it up" segment on Foxtel.

Mentioned Ray's head being bigger than Lenny's on the banner. Lol.

Thought it was a great banner myself. Well done guys.

Just develop a voice, particularly when we're down.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Grand Final tickets......

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Funny you mention the cheer squad because we were sitting up on level 3 behind the Swans' cheer squad and they were really quiet all night. They definitely did not make a bigger noise than St Kilda's, however, it was noticeable that our cheer squad area looked quite sparsely populated from the other side of the ground. Strange when there was about 35,000 people at the ground last night.
Are they having difficulty attracting kids to join these days? Against Melbourne there didn't seem to be many members at all, but there were more the week later against Hawthorn.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Elementary

[quote="thejiggingsaint"]If you're not happy with the Cheer squad, then JOIN US!!!!! and be a part of the solution![/quote]

Totally agree with 'thejiggingsaint'. People complained so the cheersquad got changed. Now run by the club. You HAVE to buy a 16 game membership AND PAY $70 to sit in this area (already cuts out many people); $10 of that is for the seat and the rest is to cover the costs of the banners. YOU can make the banner IF YOU WANT TO GIVE UP YOUR PERSONAL TIME. The you can also get ABUSED by other supporters. Oh but, yeah, if you are lucky you may get a grand final ticket if we get there but that is not guaranteed.

I think it is easier to get social club membership. Cheaper in the long run as no hard work involved and no abuse and you DEFINITELY get a grand final ticket

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Elementary wrote:

Totally agree with 'thejiggingsaint'. People complained so the cheersquad got changed. Now run by the club.
err no...I think you find it got changed as some in the cheersquad were shall we say ensuring who got access to GF tickets from their allocation......wink wink

Main problem with the cheersquad IMO opinion is that there are too many old grannies trying to influence what goes on.

Same as one used to see in the SC after matches where older ladies were pulling up chairs in the front row to hear the players rather than giving the kids first crack at getting autographs etc. IMO for the players they should rope of a zone in front and if you are not a kid then you do not get in and should stand in the wings instead.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Not bagging them but they do need fresh blood in the ranks new ideas and forward thinkers not the "cause we have always done it that way" people they have now ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Grand Final tickets......
So just for the perks and not putting in each week?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What do you expect when some of its members openly bags their own players on a public forum...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:If you're not happy with the Cheer squad, then JOIN US!!!!! and be a part of the solution!
EXACTLY

Someone buy that man a BEER !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

Don't live in Vic so attending games is out of the question but I've always felt that saints games are some of the quietest I've witnessed when I have been able to go.

I won't bag out the cheer squad because I can't contribute like they do each week but imo we just need more mongrel.

Get a bit fired up and razz the opposition players/supporters up, without going over the top like some flog pie/blues supporters I've witnessed in the past.

Given the opportunity to live in Vic again and I'd relish the chance to get amongst it every week.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
milney044
Club Player

I'm no longer surprised our cheer squad is so quiet, not when I sit in Social Club a few bays away. Here is an example of our "supportive" supporters in this area. It was the start of the third quarter and Riewoldt was going after the footy inside 50 and the group I was with were yelling "Go Rooey go, C'mon Roo!!" when we were told to "shut up" by a so called Saints fan sitting in front of us. I'm not joking. We were not swearing, we were not being rude, simply encouraging Roo as he went after the football. I found this unbeliebable and quite frankly a disgrace.

Who wants to sit in the "members" section, shout support for the team and then be told to shut up by our very own fans? They don't even clap along with the cheer squad when they get chants going. Watch other team's games and it's not just the cheer squad that makes noise but they also have support from their fans around them. Jiggingsaint we miss you big time down there, the atmosphere is dead and the people around us tell us to shut up and shoot us dirty looks when we make some noise.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Maklom
Club Player

Thats bizarre if it indeed thats what happened?

I agree that the Swanettes cs looked bigger but they were prolly all clumped together with packages to fly down and get seats all together.

Our cs is looking a bit sparse these days (maybe failed GF exhaustion both financially and emotionally).
If I didn't have the privilege of sitting level 2 just in front of the Harvey room, I would get down there and help em out this friday night because I can guarantee the Tiges great unwashed will not hold back!

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Grand Final tickets......
So just for the perks and not putting in each week?
That is the case for some. 2010 and 2009 was a joke.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

I have no problem with the current cheersquad except for all their chants that contain "Woooooo!" - these make me cringe and are not effective at all IMO.