Changes next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes next week

citywest wrote:Polo is $HIT

Excellent stuff.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

Excellent stuff.
Wouldn't bother replying to this poster, it's another version of NeXus Helen, NeXus Nick etc. who has been banned before.....

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

...and when you reply, I can see it

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Don't want anyone out from tonight, but maybe switch cripps and ledger. Cripps needs to find the ball more - a lot more. Ledger got more possessions tonight. Perhaps a quarter burst will have Cripps busting a gut against tired opponents and hopefully start to make a habit of finding the leather.
Polo offers more atm, but more upside in game time for cripps or any of a field of youngsters. Still not sold on him at all.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Excellent stuff.
Wouldn't bother replying to this poster, it's another version of NeXus Helen, NeXus Nick etc. who has been banned before.....

Sorry i have had a few and thought it was one of his better posts. He doesnt have a lot to beat apart from his dick.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Excellent stuff.

Sorry i have had a few and thought it was one of his better posts. He doesnt have a lot to beat apart from his dick.
I hope those few you had were to celebrate, presume you were at ES - anyway NeXus may be female and not even have one of those :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

I hope those few you had were to celebrate, presume you were at ES - anyway NeXus may be female and not even have one of those :shock:

Yep was there but had to leave at three quarter time. An 18th and then my Daughter has a gathering which apparently means less than 30 people. At this stage she is correct.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

He can't kick but at least he wins his own footy and can lock-down opponents reasonably well.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
elizabethr wrote:IN:Polo
OUT:Montagna [self seeking glory-hunter]
Montagna - 25 poss 6 marks 5 tackles :shock: I must have watched a different game
People are farkn' nuts…

Is it because he didn't have 40 touches and 5 goals like he did once against adelaide?
No, it's because he's not playing anywhere near his best at the moment that some are suggesting that he needs to pull his finger out, if he's not injured, or whatever.

And sometimes it pays to "drop" someone who isn't at their best, even if there are in fact some having even less impact in the team at the time (but who are playing closer to their best).

Case in point: When Dal and Milne were "dropped" a few years ago, when Dal had just had something like 28 possessions the week before and Milne was leading our goalkicking for the year. It was one of the best things Ross Lyon did and was regularly referred to as the catalyst of our big turnaround in form, which ended up taking us to consecutive grand finals. It had nothing much, if at all to do with what their stats said on paper, but with what their attitudes, or workrates, or whatever, were like and it really set the bar high and let everyone know that only their best and what Lyon wanted from them would be accepted.

I imagine if anyone had suggested on here at the time that Dal and Milne should be left out, after Dal had 28 possies and Milne was leading the goalkicking, this place would have gone into meltdown, but it looks like it was a masterstroke.

As others have suggested, he got some cheapies late, against a side that were getting demolished, but he was very quiet before that and got just 16 possies last week, after what from memory was a pretty average year (for him) last year. I hope we do whatever it takes to get him back to his brilliant best and if that's sending him back to Sandy, if he has a couple more ordinary ones, then so be it.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Mon 09 Apr 2012 12:07am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Richter
SS Life Member

Personally I see it as either Jones or Polo in the team. Playing both of them just takes up spots that we want others to play in. Sure Polo does a job but he's a gap filler and not part of our future.

For mine, Ledger coming in s a definite. Cripps didn't go in hard enough and for an outside player doesn't get enough of the ball. I remain puzzled as to what position he is playing in. I'd like him as a half back to provide some rebound from defence. However, he's a good burst player so would make a good sub.

Not sure about Newnes. I'm the NAB Cup I preferred Seb Ross,on limited evidence mind.... and I see it as between these two and Winmar for a spot.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Quixote
SS Life Member

From what I saw:

Whenever Newnes got near it he did something pretty neat. Enjoyed that. However this was not often. Did he have some time on the pine?

Jones will never be dropped as he's a gun ball winner. Kicking still OMG however and worries me.

Cripps - going nicely indeed. Expect some sub roles tho.

Ledger - Should be in starting team, not sub.

Milera - Quite good, v. exciting actually but at times seems to need a wake-up pill.

Kosi - loving his input but should we play him for a half and sub in another?

Joey - Criticism on here you've got to be kidding. Playing coaches role 100%. One of the last to be dropped.

Simpkin - must be said, very solid against the sad coast.

Keen to see Winmar!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:Yep lets get into the coach for not giving young guys a go. Out Newnes In Eicke.
Should Wels not be available then I'm with OK - no change.

(Sure it's early days, but to me Newnes just looks like he knows what he's doing. Just wait till he settles into the AFL system and builds up a bit more - will be very good I suspect. Eat-your-hearts-out Swines... :twisted: )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Foz
Club Player

Buckets wrote: Anyone know how Seb went today?
Seb struggled for Sandy. Not sure where Wilkes is getting a game with Roo, Kosi, Stanley & Macca all kicking goal(s).

I wonder if Farren is a chance against old side? Doubtful on form but the Doggies game maybe a slight reason for promotion.

Foz
Club Player

Winmar missed all games by being the 23rd player for Saints today.

Probably needs a full game next week at Sandy.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I find the love of Chickenman very strange. If we are going anywhere this year, surely Polo is not part of our best 22. He is just average at Sandy.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
supersaints
Club Player

Polo in... After all, He is a better Jumper!

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Personally I thought Joey was okay in a team top heavy with better than good performers.

He yanked a hammy preseason did he not? Few weeks behind.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote: No, it's because he's not playing anywhere near his best at the moment that some are suggesting that he needs to pull his finger out, if he's not injured, or whatever.

And sometimes it pays to "drop" someone who isn't at their best, even if there are in fact some having even less impact in the team at the time (but who are playing closer to their best).

Case in point: When Dal and Milne were "dropped" a few years ago, when Dal had just had something like 28 possessions the week before and Milne was leading our goalkicking for the year. It was one of the best things Ross Lyon did and was regularly referred to as the catalyst of our big turnaround in form, which ended up taking us to consecutive grand finals. It had nothing much, if at all to do with what their stats said on paper, but with what their attitudes, or workrates, or whatever, were like and it really set the bar high and let everyone know that only their best and what Lyon wanted from them would be accepted.

I imagine if anyone had suggested on here at the time that Dal and Milne should be left out, after Dal had 28 possies and Milne was leading the goalkicking, this place would have gone into meltdown, but it looks like it was a masterstroke.

As others have suggested, he got some cheapies late, against a side that were getting demolished, but he was very quiet before that and got just 16 possies last week, after what from memory was a pretty average year (for him) last year. I hope we do whatever it takes to get him back to his brilliant best and if that's sending him back to Sandy, if he has a couple more ordinary ones, then so be it.
Aggree with this. Players like Monty can rack up possies all day long and look good on paper. It should be about maintaining the standard of player that you are and the standard of player needed to win a flag. There should be no excuses. If you were once capable of delivering a certain standard but now can't (for whatever reason) then there should be little tolerance. Thinline raises a good point. He is recovering from a hamstring so that gives him a little tolerance and it was probably a good thing he was able to beat up on a weak opponent yesterday to get some conditioning. But certainly he should be dropped if we are still making the same observations in a months time. On a footnote, I still remember a press conference held by Lyon after the Dal and Milne axing where he said he was looking for players that were competitive beasts. Not sure how that type of attribute is accurately measured but to compete for flags at AFL level one would think you are going to need a club full of them. Clearly most supporters that have been watching Monty for years would have observed his lack of energy and thirst for the hard stuff yesterday.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

people are just used to us having our forwards in the back 50. anyone forward of the centre bounce is a bit of a surprise after 3 years of Ross.

Monty was disappointing in so far as he didn't get 40 possessions..../rolleyes emoticon

It was actually really good that we had such an even spread of form. That is the thing to take out of this game.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

elizabethr wrote:IN:Polo
OUT:Montagna [self seeking glory-hunter]
What's the Polo fascination????? The guys a dud! Play the young blokes! Why don't we redraft Robert Eddy and McQualter while we're at it?

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
emmdee
Club Player

I was at Sandy game on sat. didnt really see any saints player demand a game in the seniors next week,

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
matrix
Saintsational Legend

no changes next week........

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Why drop Newnes? His disposal was excellent. I'd be very disappointed if they dropped him for Marco and you really do have to wonder about some posters on here..

BTW, had some bozos behind me bagging Macca saying he was the worts ruckman in the league. They must post on this site..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
widereceiver
Club Player

I would prefer 11 was traded for 2013.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Joey is in our top 6 players, in the leadership group.....will not be dropped.

Dal was a scapegoat when dropped by Lyon. He was filthy with the decision and I understand that until this day believes it was a joke. he was average at Casey and got promoted again straight away anyway, his performance did not change much from then on. Miley was in bad nick, and a run in the twos benefitted him as he kicked 8 and got some confidence back.