Goddard will go to GWS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goddard will go to GWS

The Redeemer wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
BelfastSaint wrote:re Goddard ... is this just your opinion ...?
no it's his paranoia

also wtf is the benefit to having a deal not to poach collingwood stars where does GWS win from that? I wouldn't be surprised if they have already signed pendal's last year and thats why he onlt signed a 12 month contract.

If anyone in the media is not in the know it's Thommo
Have to disagree there. He was a senior coach for 5 years and works on one of the most high-profile football shows in the country. Yet he doesn't know anything or know persons that know such?

He is the anti-media media performer and he is fantastic.

have to agree with you here....what a bummer...for me that is.... :wink:

ace
Saintsational Legend

Doctor Two wrote:I think the stay/ go situation will also depend on how the club is going.

If we look like we are a chance to get to the big dance again he may stay. If we look like we are bottoming out then big $$$ and no chance of a premiership may see him walk out the door
The other big item in a players psyche is pride.
Nothing would affect Goddard's pride more than the offer of captaincy - whether that be at St Kilda or GWS.

It probably even played a part in Ablett's decision.
He was probably offered the Gold Coast captaincy through GWS discussions with his agent.
He also realised Thompson wasn't going to give it to him even after Ling retired.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
ace
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
no it's his paranoia

also wtf is the benefit to having a deal not to poach collingwood stars where does GWS win from that? I wouldn't be surprised if they have already signed pendal's last year and thats why he onlt signed a 12 month contract.

Have to disagree there. He was a senior coach for 5 years and works on one of the most high-profile football shows in the country. Yet he doesn't know anything or know persons that know such?

The people really in the know are the player agents. Those media guys with the closest agent contacts are the one's to listen to.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Doctor Two wrote:I think the stay/ go situation will also depend on how the club is going.

If we look like we are a chance to get to the big dance again he may stay. If we look like we are bottoming out then big $$$ and no chance of a premiership may see him walk out the door
Nothing would affect Goddard's pride more than the offer of captaincy - whether that be at St Kilda or GWS.

He was probably offered the Gold Coast captaincy through GWS discussions with his agent.
He also realised Thompson wasn't going to give it to him even after Ling retired.
That pride that comes from the captaincy is surely greater when you are chosen to lead a team that you've come through the ranks with, rather than when you are parachuted into a new franchise.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

What happened to those three little letters in the thread title?

IMO

:)

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

defacto as you must have a time machine and can go to the future........ can I have next weeks lotto numbers?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Francis Leach has been a big campaigner against the AFL being the owner, administrator and regulator of the new entities. It shows a clear conflict of interests and is going to be an ongoing source of embarrassment if not fixed.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Francis Leach has been a big campaigner against the AFL being the owner, administrator and regulator of the new entities. It shows a clear conflict of interests and is going to be an ongoing source of embarrassment if not fixed.
the system is fixed and it's no different to business and politics in this country. It's a total joke.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
defacto
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote:defacto as you must have a time machine and can go to the future........ can I have next weeks lotto numbers?
sure

1 2 3 4 5 6 SUPS 7 8

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

ace wrote:

fairly certain the captaincy was always on offer at geelong for ablett, it wasnt high on his agenda.
Goddard on the other hand has a bit more ego, & while I dont think he will make a good stkilda captain, I think it would be a consideration for GWS
Pendlebury would be good captain material but maybe too young?

Seeya
sainterinsydney
Club Player

The bottom line is: do we get anything for Goddard if he walks? Do GWS have to give us picks? As long as we get something if he walks, that is all that matters.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:The bottom line is: do we get anything for Goddard if he walks? Do GWS have to give us picks? As long as we get something if he walks, that is all that matters.
AFL determined compo

Saints94
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:The bottom line is: do we get anything for Goddard if he walks? Do GWS have to give us picks? As long as we get something if he walks, that is all that matters.
AFL determined compo
So thats a yes? :shock:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: quote]

He is also very bitter towards the AFL and purposely pots them at every opportunity. Like a person scorned.

Thus making his opinion anything AFL related worth completely nothing. As it is biased.

You're not going to get a balanced view.
Correct.

Shame his hatred toward Demetriou (who mustve really belted the Thomas ego somewhere along the line) gets in the way cause much of what he actually writes about a weak Commission and a head strong egomaniac in Dimwit makes sense.

Ahh corporate w@nkers....all of them really..

“Yeah….nah””
Hank

Here we go again

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
Spinner wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
no it's his paranoia

He is also very bitter towards the AFL and purposely pots them at every opportunity. Like a person scorned.

Thus making his opinion anything AFL related worth completely nothing. As it is biased.

You're not going to get a balanced view.
When does one ever get a balanced view though?

At least GT damn entertaining.

Great argument.

At least vying for a balance view is a start. When someone has a vendetta against someone or something, well good luck to the people who put weight into that persons viewpoints.
But a news article/opinion piece never is balanced. Everyone and anyone always has likes and/or dislikes towards something or someone.

Just enjoy GT for who he is. An opinionated member of the media who enjoys sticking it to anyone he disagrees with. More often than not he can back up his opinion too which makes it even more entertaining.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I like GT, he obviously has a passion for the game and the Saints. Says it how it is and doesnt care. Need more people like him.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:I like GT, he obviously has a passion for the game and the Saints. Says it how it is and doesnt care. Need more people like him.
That may be so however he is becoming very predictable and repetitive in his rants.

To these eyes and ears anyway.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
defacto wrote:Goddard will end up leaving us at the end of this year for GWS. meanwhile collingwood will not lose any of its high profile players. it is alleged that theres is an agreement between eddie and gubby that no collingwood players will be poached:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?bl ... ments=true
I must have missed the bit about Goddard in there.
I read it twice and i still can't find anything relating to Goddard....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
clarky449 wrote:I like GT, he obviously has a passion for the game and the Saints. Says it how it is and doesnt care. Need more people like him.
That may be so however he is becoming very predictable and repetitive in his rants.

To these eyes and ears anyway.
I can see where you are coming from. I dont mind it personally.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:I like GT, he obviously has a passion for the game and the Saints. Says it how it is and does care. Need more people like him.
Edited for accuracy

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Well if what GT writes is correct, the only thing I got out of the article is that Eddie Maguire is the pies most valuable asset. Imagine if we had a pres that had that much power, pull, connections, call it what you like, that he could sway other clubs from not poaching your best players? Surely this can't be the case. If it is every club needs a Fat Ed leading their club.....

winmaaah
Club Player

Really doesn't make any sense, the afl have a direct interest, and given the huge task, you wouldn't think any Collingwood deals would cut it. They will be aggressively targetting all clubs. Sounds like GT trying to keep GT relevant.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Even though BJ is an absolute gun, if he does walk, we should at least be well compensated--also, keep in mind he will be 28 in 2013.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Brendon will do what's best for Brendon and at the end of the day i hope that he stays loyal with the saints and stays a 1 team player.

I Love Bj he's the heart and sould of the team along with Lenny and is a massive barometer of the teams performence.

My gut was Riewoldt would always stay and never leave to join the Gold coast sadly i don"t have that same strong feeling with Bj.

Goddards passion for the club and fight he puts into every contest will never be questioned, Goddards mark in the 2010 grand final is the greatest moment i have ever witnessed at a match thinking about that mark and goal brings me so much joy as he runs back to the centre pumping his chest and i'm screaming at the top of my lungs COME ON, i so wish the result ended differently so much pain :cry:

Bj may you stay a saint forever but if the opportunity is to great to secure your future with the giants from 2013 then all i ask for is a stellar 2012 carrying us to the flag.

CARN BJ AND CARN THE SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please don't leave

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time