Goddard should be sold off now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hurts so much to say it but we should sell off BJ

Rosco wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
Birdcage Hero wrote:Unfortunately as much as it hurts me to say it, we should sell off BJ now and get something for him because next year we will get nothing as we did for Plugger. BJ has given everything to our club and no-one should stand in his way if he was to go. This is the reality of the AFL going forward.
WHY is there any need for BJ to leave.... :roll:
Saintbrat, these type of posts and posters are so shyte that it's not worth your time responding. Have to question if they are Saints supporters at all. Plugger was always going to leave, he was desperate for money, they afl at the time made it very easy for the lame ducks to get him abd not a lot we could do about it.
PLUS there is no mechanism for us to go out and get something for him. Trade week is long over. Nuff nuffs.

Yes very good point, but why let that get in the way of a s*** statement.

I love this club
Rosco
Club Player

ace wrote:
Rosco wrote:Couldn't sell him off now if we wanted to. And he's a free agent as of 2012. Only chance is to sign him to a new contract and then trade him in the 2012 trade period. Or let him walk, which we otherwise have no power over if it's GWS (could match offers from others but unlikely with our cap). Correct me if I'm wrong.
<edited by Rosco for length>

GWS is after a number of out of contract players and not prepared to pay Ablett like salaries to get one publiicity player.
They wont be paying over a million.
St Kilda may be able to come close to GWS's offer.
Hence WRONG.
so wrong only in that we may be able to get close to the GWS dollar offer. i hope that is true, hope more that BJ wants to stay and the dollars don't matter. no need to yell about it.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:Well, This is a great test for our admin..

If they can keep BJ (post 2012), then they have performed adequately.

If he walks for (virtually) nothing, then seriously....Heads must roll!!
really. when ablett left geelong for more money did heads roll at geelong, no they got 2 first round draft picks. and thats what will happen if Goddard leaves.

I do not want the saints to sell their soul to try and keep Goddard. if he goes , he goes. and we get 2 excellent draft picks for him.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

saintly wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:Well, This is a great test for our admin..

If they can keep BJ (post 2012), then they have performed adequately.

If he walks for (virtually) nothing, then seriously....Heads must roll!!
really. when ablett left geelong for more money did heads roll at geelong, no they got 2 first round draft picks. and thats what will happen if Goddard leaves.

I do not want the saints to sell their soul to try and keep Goddard. if he goes , he goes. and we get 2 excellent draft picks for him.
PLEASE......Geelong already won TWO count them T W O Flags

If we would have already won 2 flags (let alone one), I would drive BJ to the airport myself. happily...

Most Geelong Supporters are pretty content with things considering they have just witnessed 3 Flags in 5 years.

Please don't compare us to Geelong.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Congrats to Cairnsman on his great achievment.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Richter
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:In 2013 we will have Hayes, Koschitzke, Riewoldt & Milne eligable for the veterans list. A saving of $400,000 so it isn't all bad !!
Also Joey, Dal and BJ as the rule is also changing in that you need to be with the one club for 10 years but you DON'T need to be over 30.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goddard should be sold off now

Cairnsman wrote:I'm struggling to think of man in this world that has been offered millions of dollars and knocked it back.

He is gone and we should sell him off now and start developing the next wave.

Goddard is going to be a real distraction this year.

Let's be like Lyon and be progressive about this and make the first move.
rubbish.....no...make that treason.... :evil:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

People realise he is going to be the best player in the competition in 2012, why on earth would you let that go without a fight?

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Anyone who thinks we should get rid of BJ needs Brain Surgery.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Is there a way of selling off some of our supporters?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Is there a way of selling off some of our supporters?
Wouldnt get much for them.

I love this club
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
You're assuming they are supporters.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
You're assuming they are supporters.
True, I question is some are actually sainters or not.

I love this club
westy
Club Player

What a totally stupid idea. I sometimes think that the prime credential for posting on here is to be fukked in the head. At least Ecospill knows how to deal with crap!

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

As far as I can see Cairnsman posted an opinion. It may be controversial, ill-thought, silly, mischievous or a combination of all these things. At the end of the day it's just an opinion. Why the place has to descend into a 'dunk the witches' gang bash as soon as someone says something only the minority would normally ponder is a little bit weird don't you think?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:As far as I can see Cairnsman posted an opinion. It may be controversial, ill-thought, silly, mischievous or a combination of all these things. At the end of the day it's just an opinion. Why the place has to descend into a 'dunk the witches' gang bash as soon as someone says something only the minority would normally ponder is a little bit weird don't you think?
Fair point, but given he once described Roo and BJ as a cancer at the club, I don't afford him much licence.

Taken on board though.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:As far as I can see Cairnsman posted an opinion. It may be controversial, ill-thought, silly, mischievous or a combination of all these things. At the end of the day it's just an opinion. Why the place has to descend into a 'dunk the witches' gang bash as soon as someone says something only the minority would normally ponder is a little bit weird don't you think?
Actually, you are quite correct Thinline, as much as I think this is a lame thread I should be a bit more careful how I respond, its a topic thats p1sses me off me off. I will refrain from posting

I love this club
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
Actually, you are quite correct Thinline, as much as I think this is a lame thread I should be a bit more careful how I respond, its a topic thats p1sses me off me off. I will refrain from posting
Lame is the word! Even so, the fact of it is that the game is now more than ever a meat market. Club's with marquee talent simply have to get their heads around the fact that they can't keep their best forever. Sad, but that's how it will be.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Lame is the word! Even so, the fact of it is that the game is now more than ever a meat market. Club's with marquee talent simply have to get their heads around the fact that they can't keep their best forever. Sad, but that's how it will be.
That is the unfortunate reality, this is one reason (among manny ) that rugby league does not get the crowds that Aussie Rules does.
I totally understand and accept the fact that the players have to look after thier own interests but it still feels like a slap in the face to the supporters when it happens. Lets just hope the filth are the first and only team to experience it when pendelbury goes to GWS

I love this club
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

What a bunch of sooks! Yep, let's drag out the hoary old chestnut that is the “real supporter argumentâ€

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Gee Cairnsman, you sure like to make yourself unpopular on here, don't you? :lol:

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:I'm struggling to think of man in this world that has been offered millions of dollars and knocked it back.

Not much intelligence in that line of thinking Cairnsman.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:

You're spot on. It doesn't take much intelligence to think something like that. It's like offering a monkey one bananna or the whole bunch. Monkeys love banannas and human beings love money and Goddard is human. Unless they can pour some fertiliser on that money tree down at Seaford and grow some extra cash in 12 months Goddard will be hard to retain. I've loved watching the guy play over the years but I'm red white and black all over and I'm loyal to the club, not players.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:

You're spot on. It doesn't take much intelligence to think something like that. It's like offering a monkey one bananna or the whole bunch. Monkeys love banannas and human beings love money and Goddard is human. Unless they can pour some fertiliser on that money tree down at Seaford and grow some extra cash in 12 months Goddard will be hard to retain. I've loved watching the guy play over the years but I'm red white and black all over and I'm loyal to the club, not players.
You have an opinion that IMO is stupid but the worst part of your opinion is that if as you said we sold him off now is that we would get nothing for him. Is that what you really think the club should do?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:

You have an opinion that IMO is stupid but the worst part of your opinion is that if as you said we sold him off now is that we would get nothing for him. Is that what you really think the club should do?
Rumour has it he is now a Suns fan. So he is probably hoping for exactly that.