Three gun for Saint Tommy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Three gun for Saint Tommy

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... 1ll88.html

another player the Lyin Can't couldn't develop

Another opportunity awaits!
bergsone
SS Life Member

If we lose him not having played a game,and developement we have put in,will be totally pissed off :evil:

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Onya Lyon, great stuff

Richter
SS Life Member

bergsone wrote:If we lose him not having played a game,and developement we have put in,will be totally pissed off :evil:
Me too.

It would utterly gutting.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Need a coach so he can talk to Tommy about his playing time. He is promising and you couldn't blame him if he wanted to leave for an opportunity.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I'd suggest it's not just about opportunity for Tommy. He apparently considers this his "job", so if another club offers him a significant amount more money than us, which you'd imagine they could, given our tight salary cap, it would be hard for Tommy to knock that back. He may well have plans to go back to Ireland some day and with their economy in the shitter, this is probably the best opportunity in his life to make some good cash and set himself up financially. So if another club comes along and virtually guarantees him a game and perhaps double the cash, how hard would it be to knock that back?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I hate lyons guts.

If tommy leaves I will be distraught and ill know exactly who is at fault.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I hate lyons guts.

If we got a second round pick for someone who had played zero AFL games I'd be happy with that.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Why is it RL fault if he leaves. RL has now left the club. Surely if he leaves now you could actually say Walsh is leaving because RL isnt there.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Hope plugger reads this because it is exactly what I stated in another thread!

I have been told that the club have told Tommy he is a required senior list player with the saints next year and he is stoked

He said flat out he was going to leave if Lyon was still in charge

It is almost certain we will re-sign him and we have told all clubs he is off limits

Still you never know

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Hope plugger reads this because it is exactly what I stated in another thread!

I have been told that the club have told Tommy he is a required senior list player with the saints next year and he is stoked

It is almost certain we will re-sign him and we have told all clubs he is off limits

Still you never know
I havent been told that but I think it is pretty obvious that we want him. By the way we can tell clubs he is off limits but that means jack.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:Hope plugger reads this because it is exactly what I stated in another thread!

Still you never know
I havent been told that but I think it is pretty obvious that we want him. By the way we can tell clubs he is off limits but that means jack.
i agree that it means jack i just want to point out i had this story 2 days ago

#1 Ryder fan
saint6
Club Player

Would be really upset to see Tommy leave and star at another club having never played a senior game with the saints. He has been among the best down at Sandringham all year and has great potential.
Still if we do have salary cap problems then why would we trade a player that is on a relatively low wage? Hope this article is just media speculation but wish they would concentrate on another club and leave the saints alone.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Why is it RL fault if he leaves. RL has now left the club. Surely if he leaves now you could actually say Walsh is leaving because RL isnt there.
Absolute horsesh1t

Many of our young guns have stated emphatically to the club they were ready to leave with Lyon at the helm
I have told you this countless times and the reasons why which you chose not to believe
Walsh has been elevated and is stoked

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Absolute horsesh1t

Many of our young guns have stated emphatically to the club they were ready to leave with Lyon at the helm
I have told you this countless times and the reasons why which you chose not to believe
Walsh has been elevated and is stoked
You dont get what I am saying. If he is unhappy with RL why would he leave now?

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

and i am saying he won't

but there is the unknown of a big offer from another club

i have been told that he is elevated and re-signed so i will check that today as soon as i get the chance as the article states he is yet to sign. i **** the article is a few days old tho

#1 Ryder fan
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

But i thought he was pissing off back to Ireland if he didnt get a game, now im confused 8-) 8-) 8-)

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

If another club offers a heap of $$$$ for one of our VFL players who has never played an AFL game, then so be it.

There are much more important things to worry about going on at our club ATM.

As someone (plugger66?) has said on here, if Walsh wasn't Irish, who would give a stuff: including the media and the other clubs. Would anyone on here care if another club made an offer for Cahill?

Walsh and Cahill have achieved similar things at AFL level: ie, nothing whatsoever.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

meher baba wrote:If another club offers a heap of $$$$ for one of our VFL players who has never played an AFL game, then so be it.

There are much more important things to worry about going on at our club ATM.

As someone (plugger66?) has said on here, if Walsh wasn't Irish, who would give a stuff: including the media and the other clubs. Would anyone on here care if another club made an offer for Cahill?

Walsh and Cahill have achieved similar things at AFL level: ie, nothing whatsoever.
Oh no they aren't after Pauly C as well are they? :wink: Its true in part what you say about him being Irish. HOWEVER, I remember RL saying something along the lines of we traded away our pick 16 because we believe this young Irish recruit is worth a first round pick. Hence, the expectations on the kid.

If Tommy was to leave, does that leave Nicholas 'i'm too scared to go for the ball' Winmar the only player left from the disaster known as 09 draft/trade period? Man I am all doom and gloom today... :(

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

It wasn't Lyon who said Walsh was as good as a first round pick: it was someone with far, far less credibility (IMO). Matthew Drain.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:It wasn't Lyon who said Walsh was as good as a first round pick: it was someone with far, far less credibility (IMO). Matthew Drain.
So you know Matthew Drain do you?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

meher baba wrote:It wasn't Lyon who said Walsh was as good as a first round pick: it was someone with far, far less credibility (IMO). Matthew Drain.
Sorry I knew it had been said at the time just assumed it was Lyon, actually, if Lyon thought that he may have played him... oh, wait... Lynchy may have something to say about that... either way, it was still said and heard by the hoards of Saints supporters out there.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saint6 wrote:Still if we do have salary cap problems then why would we trade a player that is on a relatively low wage?
dude's out of contract. if he decides to leave, we have no say in the matter. it's not about the saints being special but about him weighing up offers from multiple clubs. the only advantage we have is that he's still on our list so he we would have to go elsewhere in the draft which is inherently uncertain.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Agree. Lyin didn't have the balls to give him a go.

No daring, no imagination, no guts, no glory.

I''ll fair dinkum spew if he leaves.

markp
Saintsational Legend

So how's the logic go on this one...?

If he'd played 1 or 3 or 7 games, no one would be interested, or he definitely wouldn't leave, or there wouldn't be speculation in the paper?

Wowsers... :roll: