Positive or negative

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

wotever1
Club Player

Positive or negative

Being a 40 something life long saint, i am worried about the fallout of the past 12 months, all these off field problems, now the coaching staff.

Apart from winning the ultimate, the last twenty years have been great, even though a couple of spoons are included, but they provided draft picks, and membership.

How will membership be effected by all this turmoil?

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

I think it really depends....

It depends on whether the new coach is seen as a step forward, a fresh new start.

It depends on whether the players buy into a new/different game plan.

It depends on whether we can get new sponsors that are easier to promote (than a betting agency).

It depends on whether we can get positive media over the off season - no scandals.

Then, most importantly, it depends on how we play during the pre-season, and early games next year.

If we win, they will come.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Positive or negative

wotever1 wrote:Being a 40 something life long saint, i am worried about the fallout of the past 12 months, all these off field problems, now the coaching staff.

Apart from winning the ultimate, the last twenty years have been great, even though a couple of spoons are included, but they provided draft picks, and membership.

How will membership be effected by all this turmoil?
I can tell you that this post is negative.

HYSTERIA!!!

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordin ... _of_Crowds

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Rosco
Club Player

HitTheBoundary wrote:It depends on whether we can get positive media over the off season - no scandals.

Then, most importantly, it depends on how we play during the pre-season, and early games next year.

If we win, they will come.
these poitns ^.

obviously keep clean over the off season and we will have steady membership over this period (expect a bit down on recent years though)

trades of any of our stars this week would hurt. if we can orchestrate a trade to get a couple of decent youngsters (20 - 24 bracket) then this would be a positive. any big fish would be a bigger positive, but don't see it happening.

a strong showing in the pre-season (e.g. a couple of steady wins) and then a good start (e.g. winning 3 of 4 or 4 of 6) and i reckon we can top 40k again.