UP YOURS, ROSS!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

UP YOURS, ROSS!

Congraulations, you money hungry pig!

I thought you were in for the long haul, but you will forever by remembered as the coach who "couldabeen a St.Kilda Premiership coach", cost us Luke Ball and got us nothing in return and drafted poorly.

I hope you continue to keep Fremantly impoverished of success.

Enjoy your 7 million, you greedy dog :)

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
carpetslug

lolololol on ya ross thinking of ya family 1st good work mate :D

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

carpetslug wrote:lolololol on ya ross thinking of ya family 1st good work mate :D
Thanks for bumping my thread from last week, Mr Filth supporting troll.

You really must have a lot of time on your hands.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Family he says...

If he was thinking of his family he would hardly want to tear up their roots and drag them across the other side of the country.

No Ross was thinking of himself and self only - no one else. He is an egotistical narcissits of the highest order.

I cant wait til we play Fremantle next year - the Saints crowd will go ballistic!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
westy
Club Player

Re: UP YOURS, ROSS!

Sainternist wrote:Congraulations, you money hungry pig!

I thought you were in for the long haul, but you will forever by remembered as the coach who "couldabeen a St.Kilda Premiership coach", cost us Luke Ball and got us nothing in return and drafted poorly.

Didn't the d**khead cost us Max as well? Along with his vital knowledge.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
westy
Club Player

Re: Family he says...

WinnersOnly wrote:If he was thinking of his family he would hardly want to tear up their roots and drag them across the other side of the country.

No Ross was thinking of himself and self only - no one else. He is an egotistical narcissits of the highest order.

I cant wait til we play Fremantle next year - the Saints crowd will go ballistic!
Up until recently I thought that the fixturing gurus would have our one and only game over here in the west so that Ro$$ Lyin would not cop too much flak(Western Sainters would be happy to dish it out though) But having heard Dimitriopoulos' opinion of Lyin's integrity short-comings, I am not so sure.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Family he says...

WinnersOnly wrote:If he was thinking of his family he would hardly want to tear up their roots and drag them across the other side of the country.

How well do you know the family? He did the same thing when he came to the Saints. Can you tell us how the family felt then?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Treated saints legends max and bakes with contempt. Disgusting that bakes never got a send off game. You would almost say lyon deep down hated the saints all along.

Speaking on this subject does anyone else think its weird that bakes came out last week and said he was not retired ? Maybe he and the players had an inkling back then ross might be gone next year so he might still hope he can get another year ?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Treated saints legends max and bakes with contempt. Disgusting that bakes never got a send off game. You would almost say lyon deep down hated the saints all along.

Speaking on this subject does anyone else think its weird that bakes came out last week and said he was not retired ? Maybe he and the players had an inkling back then ross might be gone next year so he might still hope he can get another year ?
So you actually wanted Bakes to play in a final just to send him off. This place has completely lost all logic. And you might not say he hated the Saints all along unless you have been shooting up heavily.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Ball has gained a little more respect back from me. I blame Lyon totally for his departure. Obviously Ball couldn't stand the bloke.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
stewmac
Club Player

1s game next season should be us and the shockers at etihad ,then Demetriou should fly over all the Western Sainter to give the Judas Pelters, hope we are on the same flight as well :lol:

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

It May be the synic in me but Rattlesnake Ross didn't appear to do to well coaching this year when he didn't have the likes of SOS, Tudor etc. there to hold his hand on game day. Dare say unless he can snare some decent Assistants he may struggle again in Freo.

Was it Ross or was it the assistants that got us to the last 2 GFs?

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Ball has gained a little more respect back from me. I blame Lyon totally for his departure. Obviously Ball couldn't stand the bloke.
Lyon spent all of 2009 publicly saying Ball was a hack (cant run, cant kick) then spent one week during trade week telling everyone he was a champ and he wouldnt trade him. So he spend 9 months dissing Ball - then once Ball had decided to go - he spent a week stuffing up the St Kilda footy club. You would almost think the guy was a double agent.

MadDogMuir

Ross' double speak

Ross Lyon said he could hold his head up high because he never used the word loyalty.

My question to Ross Lyon is, why didn't you use the word loyalty? It can only be because he either doesn't profess loyalty ever, or that he thinks that loyalty is less of a motivator and he has a better set of words that he uses to ingrain attitudes.

If it is the former, then we understand that Lyon is simply not a loyal person except to his family. We have to accept that. In understanding that, we can also understand that this dispassionate approach must also have permeated the player's attitudes. Teamwork is about being responsible as a group. Underlying that there must be a loyalty to SOMETHING. If that something is reduced to winning a flag, then he's forgotten the other half of the equation which is winning a flag for ST KILDA. Then again, that's the world we live in.

If it is the latter, then he has purposefully avoided one vital ingredient which contributes to passion. It's called the jumper.

Perhaps all of this is indicative of the fact that Ross really comes across as someone who has had a charisma bypass. No loyalty=not enough passion=less than spectacular charismatic motivator.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
St. Luke wrote:Ball has gained a little more respect back from me. I blame Lyon totally for his departure. Obviously Ball couldn't stand the bloke.
Lyon spent all of 2009 publicly saying Ball was a hack (cant run, cant kick) then spent one week during trade week telling everyone he was a champ and he wouldnt trade him. So he spend 9 months dissing Ball - then once Ball had decided to go - he spent a week stuffing up the St Kilda footy club. You would almost think the guy was a double agent.
Must have missed those 9 months Con.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Rubbish Con.

Don't re-write history because he has cut & run.

He tried to get St Kilda the best deal possible... simple as that.

Next you'll say that it was Ross was in the room at Grammy's apartment impersonating Lovett.

noddy
Club Player

Hate to (still) agree with you Sainternist.

Image In Richo we trust.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:

Didn't the d**khead cost us Max as well? Along with his vital knowledge.
yep...her's part of my post in another thread...

...reasons to hate the freo coach.....
"
1. luke ball

2. playing that girl zac dawson in front of maxie in the 2009 grannie......what was he thinking.????...dawson had been in hospital on a drip all day..

3. ball playing for the filth in the 2010 grannie cost us the flag. ...maxie's input to the filth on our game plan didn't help either.....both desertions were directly caused by lyon

4. abusing the players and support staff immediately following the drawn grannie...no wonder the players were down in the replay.....

5. deserting us for the money after"retiring" three of the players.

6. destroying our list and our future by not recruiting or playing young players....."

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Skidmark on the jocks of humanity.

Not a fan.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

WTF?!?! I never started, nor previously posted in this thread. Someone (I'm hoping a moderator, not someone who has hacked my account) has played a little joke on me. However, I do find it hard to disagree with a lot of the sentiments by the OP who was under the guise of my username.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

4. abusing the players and support staff immediately following the drawn grannie...no wonder the players were down in the replay.....

I hadn't heard of this incident more details please.

Btw I agree with all of the other reasons as to why I maintain the rage against our firmer coach.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Lyon and family would have struggled to survive on what the Saints offered him. I would have real problems surviving on anything less than a million bucks a year..you know ..with the price of electricity and gas..not to mention the price of lamb at the supermarket. No wonder he fled to the west.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:not to mention the price of lamb at the supermarket.
You could go vegetarian :idea:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:WTF?!?! I never started, nor previously posted in this thread. Someone (I'm hoping a moderator, not someone who has hacked my account) has played a little joke on me. However, I do find it hard to disagree with a lot of the sentiments by the OP who was under the guise of my username.
took me awhile to catch on...this is a bumped very old thread from when judas first left....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:4. abusing the players and support staff immediately following the drawn grannie...no wonder the players were down in the replay.....

I hadn't heard of this incident more details please.

Btw I agree with all of the other reasons as to why I maintain the rage against our firmer coach.

todays hun briefly mentions the story.....

in an article written by glenn mcfarlane headed "the enigma with eyes"....glenn writes......"more than 40 hours later(after an incident involving lyon and a distraught guywhich is not necessary for this story....my comments...not glenns)) )-after the saintsband magpies played a draw-an exhausted and emotional lyon is barking invectives across the mcg dressingrooms. ....he is angered mick malthouse is allowed to have the first press conference and feeling the pain of a near miss that he and his players will carry forever, he lashes out at some of those around him."

...i have heard that story before...in more lurid detail........
Last edited by stinger on Fri 27 Sep 2013 6:13pm, edited 1 time in total.