FU - Ticketmaster!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

widereceiver wrote:I sit in reserved seats - Level 1 on the wing during the H & A. Couldn't get anywhere near it at 9:30. Ticketmaster and the AFL stink to high heaven IMO.

I wish the AFL would give us our game back. Not bloody likely, what a farkin' circus.
What if all those tickets were already gone? Why did you wait until 9.30 or couldnt you log on. I got on the wing in perfect position at 9.01.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

I only received mine just then. I paid mine at 9:15. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Go saints in '09!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Got everything on time and as expected. Good service for me.
Yep, I hear Ticketmaster look after members of the Official Umpires' CS pretty well :P

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:I only received mine just then. I paid mine at 9:15. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yeah, Saintspremiers had a good explanation for that. He reckons it is due to the MCC Members tickets going on sale between 12-1pm. I'd say there's a fair chance that is the reason.

However, you'd think Ticketmaster would have informed its customers about it, wouldn't you? :?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Well I ahd a different experience this morning.
Becasue I ahd insuffiient funds in my credit card account to purchase all teh tickets I wanted, I had to pay via eftpos or cash (don't get me started on BPAY - I transferred funds via them on Friday but they apparently have the weekend off and the funds don't arrive to the credit card until Monday night, even though they come out of my account immediately!).

SO off I trot to the local TicketMaster outlet, Brighton Newsagency in Gardenvale Road.
I arrive at 9:03 and there is a queue out the shop to the edge of the footpath. I stand in line and there are 27 people in front of me.

It took one hour and 42 minutes before I reached the counter to order my 8 tickets.
By then the best avaialbale seats they could offer me were L2 Aisle 27 Row U. These are considered 'premium' tickets.
I took them and am grateful that I got tickets.

People in teh quesu behind me had been trying to log on from 9am adn were still unsuccessful when I left.

SinCitySaint
Club Player

I purchased my tickets online very easily yesterday and received my confirmation email almost immediately.
I still have not received the ticket email and we are now talking over 24 hours ago.
Interestingly, straight after I got confirmation of my order I bought parking through Ticketmaster too, the ticket for that came within minutes. So as of now I have a parking spot in the ground but no tickets for the game.

Rosco
Club Player

SinCitySaint wrote:I purchased my tickets online very easily yesterday and received my confirmation email almost immediately.
I still have not received the ticket email and we are now talking over 24 hours ago.
Interestingly, straight after I got confirmation of my order I bought parking through Ticketmaster too, the ticket for that came within minutes. So as of now I have a parking spot in the ground but no tickets for the game.
i'd get on to them about that, most got their tickets a few hours later

SaintScottOfSydney

I logged on before 9, kept refreshing, then got to the saints members option and suddenly found myself in a queue. My girlfriend is a swans fan and member so in case of emergency (or inaccuracy in advertising of member entitlements) I had hers and her mums swans season passes with me. So I clicked on the Swans members option and was straight through to purchasing tickets. I kept up my 'queue' page which kept me queued for another 43 mins... Hmm.

While we're at it - we came down for the Saints-dogs prelim last year. As a member I bought my ticket on members day and was only entitled to one. The other half only decided she'd go to the game a bit later and bought hers in the public sale. She ended up in the bay next to the cheer squad 5 rows back while I was over in the bay next to the MCC section... I'm still trying to figure how that happened.

I can't believe Eddie McGuire and I have the Celtic Football Club in common...he should be a Hun
bozza1980
Club Player

Sainternist wrote: Did we really wait 2 hours last year for the tickets to arrive via email?
Yes

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
andrewg
Club Player

Very Strange. I didnt purchase the tickets during member time (due to laziness) and waited till 12pm Tuesday. Easy log on and got row L as standard tickets???? Maybe cos i wasnt trying to log on at the same time as 10,000 other people?? not sure