Top 6

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

I want to make the finals and play Essendon, and beat them.

Our list is not skillful enough to outkick collingwood or geelong, but if we knock out essendon in a final that be such a sweet sweet feeling.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:I want to make the finals and play Essendon, and beat them.

Our list is not skillful enough to outkick collingwood or geelong, but if we knock out essendon in a final that be such a sweet sweet feeling.
then go on to beat the Blues to knock them out in straight sets. Another finals series for them without a win. :lol:
Last edited by SaintPav on Thu 23 Jun 2011 1:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Grantaire
Opposition Fan

SaintPav wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:I want to make the finals and play Essendon, and beat them.

then go on to beat the Blues to knock them out in straight sets. Another finals series without a win. :lol:
Common ground. I'd love to see that. Either that or us knocking them off in the GF.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I suppose if it weren't for the fact we have been a top side last two years, this would all sound overwhelmingly delusional to me.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

in october i wont give a flog where we finished in 2011 (unless we won it) and id much rather have a gun at the club .

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:in october i wont give a flog where we finished in 2011 (unless we won it) and id much rather have a gun at the club .
You could always join a Gun Club Con :wink:

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:in october i wont give a flog where we finished in 2011 (unless we won it) and id much rather have a gun at the club .
Which gun? Boak? Boak's a turnover machine. All well and good to win the ball, but if you don't maintain possession, what's the point? Rich is ticketed for GWS right now, which may be a stopover on a trip back to Perth. I don't see how we'd be attractive to him next to a GWS offer.

If we're bad enough to get ourselves a pick in or around the top-10, I'd rather use it, unless Dustin Martin or Patrick Dangerfield suddenly decided they wanted to move to Seaford. I'd love to get Jackson Trengove, but not at that high a price. There are other guys that might be interesting, but right now what we need is quality youth. You don't get that trading.

I'd much rather finish higher with a later pick, preferably with some quality games in the kids. I don't see the point in moving up a few draft spots to get to a position where you might get the same guy anyway.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
Which gun? Boak? Boak's a turnover machine. All well and good to win the ball, but if you don't maintain possession, what's the point? Rich is ticketed for GWS right now, which may be a stopover on a trip back to Perth. I don't see how we'd be attractive to him next to a GWS offer.

If we're bad enough to get ourselves a pick in or around the top-10, I'd rather use it, unless Dustin Martin or Patrick Dangerfield suddenly decided they wanted to move to Seaford. I'd love to get Jackson Trengove, but not at that high a price. There are other guys that might be interesting, but right now what we need is quality youth. You don't get that trading.

I'd much rather finish higher with a later pick, preferably with some quality games in the kids. I don't see the point in moving up a few draft spots to get to a position where you might get the same guy anyway.
i knew someone would start telling me boak is no good.

it was just an example of a scenario where a higher draft pick would be a good thing . sheesh. forget boak then. lets say judd then (in his west coast days). its an illustrative example. some of u blokes must have been nightmares in the schooling system.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 23 Jun 2011 11:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:

+1

thefatdork
Club Player

• My first post as a Saintsational member.

I don't reckon we are too far off a run of success. We butchered a lot of chances against Geelong last match - but weren't too far away. We should have beaten Geelong first game, likewise Tigers, close to Crows and should have won against the Blues. I think this run of "bad luck" will change and with it our confidence will come.

It would be fantastic to hit the finals at full speed and give it a real shake - especially if we can knock off the bombers and blues on the way.

Then again, I've always been an optimist....
    GO SAINTS :lol:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

thefatdork wrote:
  • My first post as a Saintsational member.

I don't reckon we are too far off a run of success. We butchered a lot of chances against Geelong last match - but weren't too far away. We should have beaten Geelong first game, likewise Tigers, close to Crows and should have won against the Blues. I think this run of "bad luck" will change and with it our confidence will come.

It would be fantastic to hit the finals at full speed and give it a real shake - especially if we can knock off the bombers and blues on the way.

Then again, I've always been an optimist....
    GO SAINTS :lol:
Welcome aboard TFD :)

Such optimism won't go down too well with the pro tankers though!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

top name TFD! Love your work already!

thefatdork
Club Player

Thanks for the welcome Spaceman and Con.

Glad to hear Gardiner back this weekend - we need him to take the load off McEvoy (who has really stepped up recently) who can hopefully go forward a bit to take the load off Rooey.
We're not far off - I can sense it.
Cheers,
TFD :)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

We have a pretty good run from the bye onwards. My feeling is that a bit of natural selection is starting to happen now. Teams like the bombers may be up for 6 losses in a row if they drop tonight and next week against the cats.

We have had an lower ladder position because of our draw and some close losses, but should probably be hovering around sixth in an easier draw.

It wouldn't be beyond us to sneak into the top 6 come final and who knows.

mohannair
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
doppler effect wrote:hahaha, you very funny guy. :lol:

If we make finals we will just scrape into 8th. And I have no doubt that if we are in 8th then 7th, 6th and 5th will be Sydney, Freo and West Coast respectively. Either way we'll be playing an interstate final straight up.
id rather end up 14th than 8th.

So I reckon we make a call in a few weeks. If we cant get 5th or 6th we should put the cue in the rack and play kids and get a good draft pick.
I have asked this many times but still havent got an answer. Why is better to finish 14th than 8th?
14th & get an early pick.