Some love for the Yapper

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Austinnn
Club Player

SunburySaint wrote:Milne has bled R,W & B for years now, he is also a good role model for young players moving forward.

I just don't see how we could possibly trade him.

Unless you know something we don't????
I know nothing about any trades, it was just an idea. I hate the idea of him not being with us, he's our leading goal kicker for not the first time. I absolutely love the player.

If we're being totally practically though, it would be a statement of intent, and could be one of the few players who would get a decent pick or trade. He's given us his best years, like Winmar, a year or two in a different shirt won't change his legacy.

But let me be clear: I don't want him to go. I'd rather see others go like Gilbert or Gram, plus any of the many untradable players we have.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
SunburySaint wrote:Milne has bled R,W & B for years now, he is also a good role model for young players moving forward.

I just don't see how we could possibly trade him.

Unless you know something we don't????
I know nothing about any trades, it was just an idea. I hate the idea of him not being with us, he's our leading goal kicker for not the first time. I absolutely love the player.

If we're being totally practically though, it would be a statement of intent, and could be one of the few players who would get a decent pick or trade. He's given us his best years, like Winmar, a year or two in a different shirt won't change his legacy.

But let me be clear: I don't want him to go. I'd rather see others go like Gilbert or Gram, plus any of the many untradable players we have.
Milney is still going well and has a bit to offer.

But at 31 years of age his only value to us is on the field, not on the trade table. Seriously, no one is going to offer anything valuable for him.

asaint
Club Player

I love Milney

Watching this just reminded me how good we were in 04 and 05. The injury curse,changing coaches and game style,some very close calls and here we are today. I feel sick.

Austinnn
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:But at 31 years of age his only value to us is on the field, not on the trade table. Seriously, no one is going to offer anything valuable for him.
He's 31? Bloody hell, where have the years gone. Seems like only a few years ago I saw him play against our ressies for Essendon twos in that London game. I knew the first year we had him he was special.

Those celebrations when no one was coming to see us, those rolled up sleeves, and all those cheeky impossible goals. I don't give a stuff if he's the most hated player, he kept us alive for a couple of years. He's a Saints legend, an AFL hero and hope he gets a Prem medal with us before he retires.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

MILNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcadam05
Club Player

This is from another Grand Final i have but never Watch (Sadly the pile is getting bigger :cry: )

But here's some highlights from the 1999 Reserves Grand Final between St Kilda and Essendon of a bomber player in #49 you may enjoy :wink:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote:This is from another Grand Final i have but never Watch (Sadly the pile is getting bigger :cry: )

But here's some highlights from the 1999 Reserves Grand Final between St Kilda and Essendon of a bomber player in #49 you may enjoy :wink:

I was at that Grand Final, as no doubt many other posters were.

It really makes you reflect on what a truly great career Milney has had.

In 1999 a small skinny pale kid, who neither looks like or talks like an AFL footballer. A small skinny pale kid, with a knack of kicking an impossible goal and nothing much else. A small skinny pale kid, grimly hanging on to a spot on a Rookie list.

Now fast forward to 2011 and we have a fair dinkum club legend, 10+ year career, 225 games, 456 goals, 3 GFs etc. A guy who has won games of his own boot. A guy who has got the absolute maximum out of his career.

None of us who were at the 1999 GF, cheering on the Saints Ressies, could have ever foreseen that the funny little bloke wearing #49 for the wrong mob would go on to have such a distinguished career for our beloved.

Bloody well done Stephen :D

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
AlpineStars wrote:He has a crack, and thats all we ask for.
Don't tell me there are photos of Milney too :shock:

:D

:D :D
clever Doc

I love this club