Social club at MCG

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Sent an email to the Club today, seeking clarification on the situation.

Will post the response (if any). :roll:

didzee
Club Player

Junction Oval wrote:Sent an email to the Club today, seeking clarification on the situation.

Will post the response (if any). :roll:
Did the same before first home game at G got a response two weeks after the game :? which was a no for both.

Trevor1Barker

Proud player sponsor 2022
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:welcome to the club guys-..
thanks bratty.

what welcoming committee it is. i'm feeling overwhelmed by the party vibes it's giving off already :lol:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintnick12
Club Player

I also received an upgrade for my three year old son 10 days or so ago.

Gladly accepted of course. With the rest of us being SC members I had to get him on there even though we will be unlikely to use it for years. I don't want to have to explain to him the next time we make it (by which time he'll likely be a teenager :wink: ) why the rest of us are going and he can't. It's only $40 for a junior and yes its a donation because at 3 you don't even pay for them to get in, let alone SC. But it will be worth it in the long run.

Interesting to see that lots of people have received letters recently.
I remember someone told me earlier in the year that my son was number 600 or so on the waiting list. Certainly means a lot have not renewed. Or I'm wondering if maybe a lot of people on rollover plans may have stopped paying due to the year we've had and do they then cancel their membership. Or is the club overselling knowing they won't need it this year. Surely they wouldn't do that , though you never know.

Also interested to hear the result of peoples email to the club re any SC room at the G this week.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

We have a massive bandwagon.

The SC would have lost thousands of members I'm guessing.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:We have a massive bandwagon.

When you expect the social club members to fork out extra money on top of their membership and social club membership to sit in the same area they have year in year out of course some people will drop off.

I struggle to get to games now because I hate sitting on level 3 and feel a little screwed that I have paid extra to just sit upstairs. So much for rewarding long term members.

Add this the lack of social club facilities at the MCG etc. and social club is basically a waiting list for grand final tickets. Not something that will come into play this year.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Just received this response from the Club, re Social Club facilities for this week's "home game."

"Unfortunately there are no Social Club facilities at the MCG and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this causes. The only Social Club facility for match days is for Home Games at Etihad Stadium in the Victory Room."

No more to say. :!: :!:

saintnick12
Club Player

I agree we have a massive bandwagon.
However, when memberships were renewed late last it looked like having a SC membership (and the access to GF tickets that goes with it) was something people would be using in 2011. Sadly this has not been the case.
It seems quite a few (including my 3 ye ar old) who were on the waiting list have just been offered the upgrade in the last few weeks. Given my son was about number 600 on the list, if thousands of SC had not renewed, he would have been offered the upgrade ages ago. That's why I'm wondering if maybe some had not continued with their payments on the plans once they saw how we were doing, or whether they were even selling extra in anticipation of the drop off.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:

I agree we have a massive bandwagon.
However, when memberships were renewed late last it looked like having a SC membership (and the access to GF tickets that goes with it) was something people would be using in 2011. Sadly this has not been the case.
It seems quite a few (including my 3 ye ar old) who were on the waiting list have just been offered the upgrade in the last few weeks. Given my son was about number 600 on the list, if thousands of SC had not renewed, he would have been offered the upgrade ages ago. That's why I'm wondering if maybe some had not continued with their payments on the plans once they saw how we were doing, or whether they were even selling extra in anticipation of the drop off.
Im guessing..but maybe June 1st was the cutoff and theyve started offering the upgrades since then?
I reckon its pretty poor they cant provide SC facilities on Saturday. Surely the logistics of the reserved seats (and thats another story) would have been far harder than booking one of the many function rooms at the ground?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Just received this response from the Club, re Social Club facilities for this week's "home game."

"Unfortunately there are no Social Club facilities at the MCG and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this causes. The only Social Club facility for match days is for Home Games at Etihad Stadium in the Victory Room."

No more to say. :!: :!:

= Club speak for...we don't give a stuff about SC Members.....except maybe in 2 seasons when we panic after they have all gone.

The shortsightedness in the Club narrowing down the SC to a GF Ticket access system is a joke....and the Membership manger with bungle after bungle is incompetent.

Personally for me the ability to go and have a beer after the game, and a bit of chat while the hordes die down at the Train Station is a perk I value.

Finishes a game well to have a bit of a relax...and to then catch a train home with a bit of room. Of course that is doing something SOCIAL....which is now discouraged.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

What is the definition of a social club, because as far as I'm concerned we haven't had one for 25 years?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

My sentiments are with you SaintsRrising.

I have written to the Club in the past, but "no-one" listens. :evil:

Halo
Club Player

Maybe they will start to listen when everyone stops joining the Social club !!!

Have been a member for 30 years , but will have a good think to see if I rejoin the Social club next year .

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Halo wrote:Maybe they will start to listen when everyone stops joining the Social club !!!

Have been a member for 30 years , but will have a good think to see if I rejoin the Social club next year .
same here

They will lose the ones who will stay as social club members during the periods where grand finals are only a distant memory! It's crazy and short sighted. Why would I keep being signed up as there are almost nothing of value outside a ticket to a grand final if we make it, which compared to when I signed up during the watson period (seating, medallion, special number etc.).

They will squel where are you to us membersthey screwed during the hrd periods, all because they didn't keep up a mimum standard. We talk on here about the need to look after the corperates but social club members a huge surce of constant income.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Winmar
Club Player

It is rather annoying. I'm paying over $400 a year to sit on level 3! I get nothing out of the membership if we don't make a grand final.