Siposs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Can't remember when a young Saints player has looked so good in his second game..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Seems like we drafted a natural footballer here, someone who can play the game, has great skills and instincts.

Good to see a promising youngster getting a fair crack at some game time.

Carpe Diem
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Can't remember when a young Saints player has looked so good in his second game..
There was a big blonde kid from Brighton who had a pretty good start to his career a lot of years ago.

Oh, to have a dominating & intimidating ruckman like Carl now !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I've only just caught up with this really intersting thread.

Mr Siposs: your intervention was perhaps a little unfortunate, but understandable. Like you, I would never hesitate in fighting back if someone publicly criticised my son's character. As an outsider, BM's comments didn't seem so bad to me, but I'm sure I'd feel differently if it was my son he was talking about.

BM's response was classy and I hope you two can bury the hatchet now.

Finally, I must say I wasn't too impressed with those of you who rushed to put the boot into BM after Mr Siposs's post. BM is one of the posters who makes this forum worth coming to IMO.

BM has more interesting things to say about football than most of you. I sometimes don't agree with him, and he's had a go at me on several occasions. But generally I like his style.

So, those of you who want to bag him can go stuff yourselves AFAIC.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I always found BM's comments on Siposs to be a decent form of reserved praise. Unfortunately, this is a footy forum. On footy forums, you talk s***. Often a lot of one upmanship goes on. Comes with the territory.

I can also understand Mr Siposs' retort. Seems unsurprisingly genuine and is the response that really, you would expect. Must be hard for family of players/coaches to deal with the crap that gets dished up by the media and general football public for most of the year.

I can imagine how Armo's brother must have felt over the past few seasons, being active on this forum and dealing with some of the offensive twaddle that was written about David. I hope he is now getting some satisfaction and enjoying his brother living up to his potential.

I must mention, I'm really happy for Sip...Did not know he was a saints supporter as a kid. He's living everyones (on here anyway) dream. Good luck to him.

I've been quietly excited about the kid since the first Sandy game this year. Sometimes, you just get the feeling about a kid. Watching his first couple of shots on goal....off the boot you could just tell.

I have the same feeling about Ledger.

:P

Anyhow...on with the show!

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:I always found BM's comments on Siposs to be a decent form of reserved praise. Unfortunately, this is a footy forum. On footy forums, you talk s***. Often a lot of one upmanship goes on. Comes with the territory.

I can also understand Mr Siposs' retort. Seems unsurprisingly genuine and is the response that really, you would expect. Must be hard for family of players/coaches to deal with the crap that gets dished up by the media and general football public for most of the year.

I can imagine how Armo's brother must have felt over the past few seasons, being active on this forum and dealing with some of the offensive twaddle that was written about David. I hope he is now getting some satisfaction and enjoying his brother living up to his potential.

I must mention, I'm really happy for Sip...Did not know he was a saints supporter as a kid. He's living everyones (on here anyway) dream. Good luck to him. 

I've been quietly excited about the kid since the first Sandy game this year. Sometimes, you just get the feeling about a kid. Watching his first couple of shots on goal....off the boot you could just tell.

It's a fair bet Ledger's third cousin won't be posting on Saintsational. :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
bigred wrote:I always found BM's comments on Siposs to be a decent form of reserved praise. Unfortunately, this is a footy forum. On footy forums, you talk s***. Often a lot of one upmanship goes on. Comes with the territory.

Do you know Anthony Murphy?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Nah he's talking about Charlotte Reid.

On the mothers side, twice removed.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Nah he's talking about Charlotte Reid.

On the mothers side, twice removed.
Wrong again.

I was talking about Fred Ledger, who lives in a remote area of WA without Internet access :P

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Technology is moving ahead in leaps and bounds, who's to say Heath can't still post here?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Technology is moving ahead in leaps and bounds, who's to say Heath can't still post here?
May have a ghost writer :D

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I see what you did there...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I've only just caught up with this really intersting thread.

Mr Siposs: your intervention was perhaps a little unfortunate, but understandable. Like you, I would never hesitate in fighting back if someone publicly criticised my son's character. As an outsider, BM's comments didn't seem so bad to me, but I'm sure I'd feel differently if it was my son he was talking about.

Finally, I must say I wasn't too impressed with those of you who rushed to put the boot into BM after Mr Siposs's post. BM is one of the posters who makes this forum worth coming to IMO.

BM has more interesting things to say about football than most of you. I sometimes don't agree with him, and he's had a go at me on several occasions. But generally I like his style.

+1 :wink: ...totally agree...and i mean no disrespect to the siposs family.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
markp
Saintsational Legend

If Roo could kick like Siposs... OMFG

Make the kid kicking coach!

markp
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Now does anyone have any comments re: my comparison of Arryn to a young James Hird??
Did you just call him a pr!ck?!!

Careful, Attila will be all over you... :wink: :P

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Now does anyone have any comments re: my comparison of Arryn to a young James Hird??

Attila The Hun?!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
markp
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
markp wrote:

Attila The Hun?!
With a gun for a son....

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Are you the forum patriarch or something? Do you realise how condescending your tone is most of the time? Or is it simply part and parcel of your 'character'?

Get a handle on things, MB.

My view.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Personal threats have no place on an Internet forum IMO..........that's the second one recently

Together with the bagging of our players - this place has not the best lately
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Wed 18 May 2011 12:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:

Who cares if you are impressed? People can like and dislike whichever posters they choose. It's not up to you to decide for everyone.

So in your own words ......... go stuff yourself.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:

Mr Siposs:  your intervention was perhaps a little unfortunate, but understandable. Like you, I would never hesitate in fighting back if someone publicly criticised my son's character. As an outsider, BM's comments didn't seem so bad to me, but I'm sure I'd feel differently if it was my son he was talking about.

BM has more interesting things to say about football than most of you.  I sometimes don't agree with him, and he's had a go at me on several occasions.  But generally I like his style.

Couldn't agree more.  
And personal threats have no place on an Internet forum..........
Is "go stuff yourselves" a threat  :?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i find it funny that mr sip has 5 posts on this forum (or there abouts) has put in nothing to it because he hangs about at that other prats site and facebook page
you know
the guy here who had a breakdown banned people, spat the dummy and lied about illnesses and his positions in jobs etc
everyone remember him???
the guy who stole the name saintsfooty and said he was getting a site foing using that name etc when he didnt even own the name saintsfooty

we all remember him right???

maybe mr sip you will see the light...hopefully you already have and have nothing to do with him and his bulls***

i think your boy is going alright
looks good, doesnt panic, great leg, lets hope he can play plenty of games for us and kick plenty of goals from FF
congrats on being proud of your boy. 8-)

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

Mr Siposs:  your intervention was perhaps a little unfortunate, but understandable. Like you, I would never hesitate in fighting back if someone publicly criticised my son's character. As an outsider, BM's comments didn't seem so bad to me, but I'm sure I'd feel differently if it was my son he was talking about.

BM has more interesting things to say about football than most of you.  I sometimes don't agree with him, and he's had a go at me on several occasions.  But generally I like his style.

Couldn't agree more.  
And personal threats have no place on an Internet forum..........
Is "go stuff yourselves" a threat  :?
It's what I plan to do at lunch time! :wink:

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Do you know Anthony Murphy?
I am Anthony Murphy!

Superboot
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Can't remember when a young Saints player has looked so good in his second game..
+1

The only downside was that he actually looked better than most of his team mates.