I almost feel sorry for Hawthorn

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BakesFan
SS Life Member

I almost feel sorry for Hawthorn

The boys went a long way to restoring my Faith last night..... but for a few skill errors the game was ours..... (and you've got to remember that The Blues pantsed us around the same point last season)

...what returned was the intensity and hardness that was a cornerstone of this side for the past 2 seasons.......

...what I saw was a hunger re-ignited and a belief in the team...

..the boys were gutted by the loss... and determined to do better..... I almost pity the Hawks this weekend.....

I'll be tipping The Saints with confidence.

one on one The Saints can match anyone.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: I almost feel sorry for Hawthorn

BakesFan wrote: one on one The Saints can match anyone.

thats debatable

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Mr X from the West
Club Player

BakesFan wrote:The boys went a long way to restoring my Faith last night..... but for a few skill errors the game was ours..... (and you've got to remember that The Blues pantsed us around the same point last season)

...what returned was the intensity and hardness that was a cornerstone of this side for the past 2 seasons.......

...what I saw was a hunger re-ignited and a belief in the team...

..the boys were gutted by the loss... and determined to do better..... I almost pity the Hawks this weekend.....

I'll be tipping The Saints with confidence.

one on one The Saints can match anyone.
Hope you're right but all our game plan does is "kep us in it". ie not win it(ala Collingwood)!

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

yeah, we're a good chance against the poos&wees. my greatest concern, however, is that we're playing at the mcg, not jihad stadium.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
BakesFan wrote: one on one The Saints can match anyone.

thats debatable
Very disappointing attitude you have. As a cheer sqaud memeber you should live in la la land and believe that we are the greatest team that has ever walked the planet.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Don't know about that last statement. We had plenty of good performers last night but the bottom rung was really shown up. Baker, McQualter, Jones, Clarke and at times Blake were just horribly off the pace and outclassed. We also struggled to win a clearance all night despite Judd being relatively quiet by his standards. We didn't lose because a lack of effort, we lost because of a lack of pace, skill and smarts. We were lucky Carlton were so bad in front of goal which let us back in the game in the third. An unfortunately there isn't much left at Sandy to come in an replace these bottom players. Polo may offer improvement on Jones or McQualter, Simpkin or Walsh could take Blake's spot and Lynch could be developed at half back but none of those guys will make the difference.

Time to get games into the kids and make decisions on the fringe players.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

We'll beat Hawthorn.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'm looking forward to the Hawks game.

Not so much if we can win or not, but that we'll play footy with some passion and intent.

I'd love to see us crack the ton sometime this season also lol!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

damn straight
just give us some spirit and fight - for yourselves first Sainters
then us
and we'll always stick fat

an away win at the G is always good, no matter where we are

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I thought that we hunted Carlton last night, especially Judd and Murphy and it nearly paid off.

My targets at Hawthorn would be Sam Mitchell, who gives quite a bit but really doesn't like it when he's on the receiving end and Jordan Lewis who is a Hot Head who can lose his cool pretty quickly. Are there any other Hawks that we should "HUNT"? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I thought that we hunted Carlton last night, especially Judd and Murphy and it nearly paid off.

My targets at Hawthorn would be Sam Mitchell, who gives quite a bit but really doesn't like it when he's on the receiving end and Jordan Lewis who is a Hot Head who can lose his cool pretty quickly. Are there any other Hawks that we should "HUNT"? !!
well if they can get Judd riled without intention ( and without a tag) Lewis should be a breeze..

Poor Juddy he must have felt lonely with out Bakes or Cj in his back pocket. :wink:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BakesFan
SS Life Member

didn't we get into Juddy's face last night. :-) ........

..expect Buddy to have a massive sook at some point on Sunday.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I thought that we hunted Carlton last night, especially Judd and Murphy and it nearly paid off.

Get a rifle and take out some wild deers or roos.

This is a footy forum not a hunting forum :lol: :!:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
PJ
SS Life Member

We were lucky Carlton were so bad in front of goal
They had a lot of rushed behinds and our kicking for goals was hardly on target.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Get a rifle and take out some wild deers or roos.

This is a footy forum not a hunting forum :lol: :!:
Bloody John Howard and his gun laws :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

twirlyhair
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:yeah, we're a good chance against the poos&wees. my greatest concern, however, is that we're playing at the mcg, not jihad stadium.
If you don't mind, but can we avoid the racist undertones?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:
Sainternist wrote:yeah, we're a good chance against the poos&wees. my greatest concern, however, is that we're playing at the mcg, not jihad stadium.
ummmm... what racist undertones?

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:
Not a racist undertone there...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad
Many of the references there could be applied in sporting context.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Unconvinced we can beat top six teams.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

I think we can beat anyone in the competition.

Just bring that intensity and passion to the hawks game again and lets see what happens.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote:
FFS what are you, the PC police? Can't you see the joke....it's partly that our home ground's name keep changing due to the almighty dollar! This time around Etihad airways is the highest bidder.

And please...we are allowed to say 'jihad' in a jocular context surely.

We ain't scared of Bin laden anymore.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Richter
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:Unconvinced we can beat top six teams.
Eh?

Games against Carlton and Geelong that could have gone either way suggest differently Ev.

Admittedly we were flogged by the Bombers.

I'd say that we're no match for the pies either, but that we have a reasonable chance against both Hawthorn and Fremantle.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
twirlyhair
Club Player

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
FFS what are you, the PC police? Can't you see the joke....it's partly that our home ground's name keep changing due to the almighty dollar! This time around Etihad airways is the highest bidder.

Your ignorance is not the only offensive aspect of your response. But more about that shortly. To spell it out for you (and clearly others), the use of the word Jihad with Etihad stadium is seen as offensive by Muslims as it is a unfair and divisive 'throw away' line that only further stereotypes people or organisations that are identified as Muslim. Consider the Muslim kids that attend Saints games and hear you saying Jihad stadium. As a father how would you respond to your child when this is asked? And why not take it further and label the Pies as Jihad Collingwood? (Major sponsor Emirates), or walk into Crazy Johns and say 'Jihad Jihad' because the founder was Muslim? But back to your original premise in your thread. Quote ..'And please...we are allowed to say 'jihad' in a jocular context surely.' This is the most insidious aspect of bigotry as it works on the basis that those who are offensive get to decide whether it is offensive or not. Much like the racists who continually abused players like Nicky Winmar and then would say 'but I'm just joking around', your beliefs belong to times past.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:

Your ignorance is not the only offensive aspect of your response. But more about that shortly. To spell it out for you (and clearly others), the use of the word Jihad with Etihad stadium is seen as offensive by Muslims as it is a unfair and divisive 'throw away' line that only further stereotypes people or organisations that are identified as Muslim. Consider the Muslim kids that attend Saints games and hear you saying Jihad stadium. As a father how would you respond to your child when this is asked? And why not take it further and label the Pies as Jihad Collingwood? (Major sponsor Emirates), or walk into Crazy Johns and say 'Jihad Jihad' because the founder was Muslim? But back to your original premise in your thread. Quote ..'And please...we are allowed to say 'jihad' in a jocular context surely.' This is the most insidious aspect of bigotry as it works on the basis that those who are offensive get to decide whether it is offensive or not. Much like the racists who continually abused players like Nicky Winmar and then would say 'but I'm just joking around', your beliefs belong to times past.
Relax Max. I'm no racist.

PEACE IN DA MIDDLE EAST 8-)

...and enjoy the song

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

twirly - are you a Muslim?

Good luck getting support on this forum!