Round 7 Team vs Carlton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Teflon wrote:Sippos - can he tackle? can he run? OR are we looking at Roo, Kosi, Sippos and SLOW fwd line with no pressure?
His name is Siposs and he can run and tackle, has great hands, and can kick. Not sure about his tank.
sorry for naming error.

did i spell love right?
Just trying to give the kid a fair chance. Helps if people know what his name is and spell it correctly. I've been getting it wrong myself, but sfter hearing the players at Sandy and at training calling out Sipo Sipo Sipo, I decided to make sure a Saints debutante gets due respect.

By the way, Archer is called Piggy by the playing group.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
lefty
Club Player

Re: Round 7 Team vs Carlton

Teflon wrote:Raph Clarke HAS to come in and Dempster HAS to come out.
Raph has speed/height and despite his brain fades can at least attak from defence. He can play smaller if needed and Dempster to me looks slow.

Raph couldalso move up to a wing for another option if need be.

Surely its time for Dempster.
As much as I don't rate Dempster, I thought he's been very good the last two weeks.

I'm surprised Blake is still in though, he's lost the plot :/

And yea, can't wait for Ledger to get back into the squad, he had plenty of speed which is exactly what we need.

Unsure if Winmar is ready yet tbh, and think Stanley should be in if Kosi isn't right.

To the top
SS Life Member

Well BS, unlike you I think he can hold his ground one out and particularly if the ball is put to his avantage.

He can also mark very strongly- but if outnumbered can be blocked from the contest.

No different to any other forward.

Look at what Sheedy did to Lockett year in and year out, putting a hack player in front of him and a hack player on him.

Koschitzke is a very good and damaging kick and is very good with his hands.

Given the rule changes, he is the obvious forward/ruckman on our list.

Granted he is coming off a season where he was on one leg for half of that season - and the repair has seen him miss the pre-season, currently having played one VFL game and one AFL game (in wet conditions).

Perhaps you can start a commentary on those who ARE bringing the team to its knees with their lack of ability to run and deliver with penetration to our forwards one out - or those streaming into space behind them - Blake, Dempster, Baker, Dawson - and then our two exciting, instinctive, game turning gun small forwards, Milne and McQualter who tear the forward line up with their pace - including putting defensive pressure on.

In fact, why do we have to play a nominated "defensive small" when we have Milne, Schnieder and Steven as our "forward smalls"?

You are venting your spleen in the wrong area, BS.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:What is his prime ability?
Filling space. Kosi really holds his position really well. You know he won't get sucked up the ground chasing his opponent. Most balls kicked in his direction will find their way to ground, creating opportunities for the smalls. He won't create needless clutter at ground level trying to get the ball. Defenders will need to go all the way around him to clear the zone.

When he goes into the ruck, he'll create a contest. His taps generally go towards a player. He's more mobile than some ruckmen. If he pushes forward someone may have to account for him. If he drops back to fill the hole, he stands an imposing figure. When he does get the ball, he can hit a target. Teams have to account for that.

He's a real barometer for the side. If Kosi's kicking goals, you know St Kilda is going well. If his opponent is kicking goals, you know they're not.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:If it was a genuine white flag then Tommy or Simpkin would be in, I imagine and Peake probably not. Maybe it's at half mast.
Not sure about that. You cant play them all at once. I think we now have the most first gamers apart from GC after having probably the least in the last 3 years. Surely that tells us something.
Yep I reckon it's white flag time.

And fair enough IMO.

The latest Duthie/Nixon scandal will tip it over the edge IMO.

Looking like a 10 goal loss now on Monday night.
You're a bundle of laughs

Another opportunity awaits!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The Ross Lyon bizarre selection policy continues

Kosi horribly unfit 2 weeks ago selected without a stint in the 2s

Mini, Jones and Dempster remain in the team after 3 really average performances and 1-2 ok'ish ones

A horribly out of form Sam Gilbert survives yet again

Brett Peake somehow in line for a call up

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:The Ross Lyon bizarre selection policy continues

Kosi horribly unfit 2 weeks ago selected without a stint in the 2s

Mini, Jones and Dempster remain in the team after 3 really average performances and 1-2 ok'ish ones

A horribly out of form Sam Gilbert survives yet again

Brett Peake somehow in line for a call up
Bizarre might be what he aiming for, I'm sure Ratten has no idea either :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

kozi late change surely
so unfit its not funny

go sipo
and yeah white flag, nothing to lose is being thought of i reckon

raph must play imo
dempster out

markp
Saintsational Legend

Yup, I'm treating this year as one long pre-eason for 2012.... possibly they are too.

bob__71
Club Player

When Kosi played and gave a target we won.....its the only game we have won....I thinke we need the big lug in the side even if all you armchair experts would rather lose without a ff

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Siposs is an 18 year old who is playing against men in the VFL .. so I'm not worried about the so called transition to AFL - if his body is coping with VFL it'll cope with AFL.
I'm more worried about the delivery to him, will it be as good as Sandy's ?

Our midfielders need to get clear and deliver well and quickly to him and all our other forwards when they lead - so Siposs won't be the problem.

The problem may be we don't have a Yarran etc..who can break clear and quickly deliver a pin point pass to a leading forward.

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Re: Round 7 Team vs Carlton

lefty wrote:
Teflon wrote:Raph Clarke HAS to come in and Dempster HAS to come out.
Raph has speed/height and despite his brain fades can at least attak from defence. He can play smaller if needed and Dempster to me looks slow.

Raph couldalso move up to a wing for another option if need be.

Surely its time for Dempster.
As much as I don't rate Dempster, I thought he's been very good the last two weeks.

I'm surprised Blake is still in though, he's lost the plot :/

And yea, can't wait for Ledger to get back into the squad, he had plenty of speed which is exactly what we need.

Unsure if Winmar is ready yet tbh, and think Stanley should be in if Kosi isn't right.
Dempster "very good last two weeks"? You're kidding aren't you? He's a total muppet, if he had any leg speed at all or marking ability he might have stopped several goals scored by opposition teams on us this year. He's a total liability.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

after decades of entertaining me. I don't understand why a "muppet" is a bad thing?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

CARLTON has made a change to its team to face St Kilda on Monday night after forward Lachlan Henderson was named in the side last night by mistake.

Henderson was listed as one of three inclusions into the Blues' squad, along with Chris Yarran and Matthew Watson.

This morning the Blues announced Henderson had been replaced by Bret Thornton without further explanation.

When contacted, the club said Henderson's name appeared on the team sheet due to an "administrative error".

Henderson has played just one match this season, against Essendon in Round 4 when he picked up three disposals and laid two tackles.

Thornton is now listed on the extended interchange bench which will be cut to four this afternoon.

:wink:

noddy04
Club Player

For all the people that get the team email from the club take a look at FF and FB. I like Blakey but hes not good enough to play FF & FB at the same time :)

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

re: Kosi -
Bernard Shakey wrote: What is his prime ability? He can't mark, can't hold his ground, can't read the play, can't lead, can't chase, can't tackle, why the hell would you play him?
If you have the euphemistic ability to "bring the ball to the ground" (i.e. the ability/talent to spill marks) .. that's enough to qualify you as a 2nd tall forward at St Kilda.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:after decades of entertaining me. I don't understand why a "muppet" is a bad thing?
actually a good point
the muppets rocked!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Not sure if the HS is just guessing but they have our bench as Steven Cripps Armitage Peake.

I hope they are. Really don't rate peake...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:Can someone tell me when ledger is ready to come back?
He is playing again but unlike some here I think he ia a long way off. I think it is called clutching at straws.
Thankyou

geez i'm glad to see you back....and i really mean that..

...p.s...the boy's doing okay too....

and...i think ledger was injured again....but i might be wrong...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

well last time we played them yarran gartlett and betts had a party . so we need plans for those three. also waite did some damage so no zac really hurts us. and judd is in career best form. we should be worried. riewoldt needs to kick 5-7.

saint6709
Club Player

Agree Dempster just has to go - I think Blake and Bakes probably done as well - what has happened to Lynch and Walsh? don't even seem to be getting mentioned as emergencies - just bring them in and let them play - give them some game time- 10 games in and we might have a couple of blokes you can rely on

saint6709
Club Player

Speaking of "has to go" not sure why we didn't send Kosi to the Gold Coast when the pies sent Josh Fraser - surely that was an opportunity to get something for him?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:Speaking of "has to go" not sure why we didn't send Kosi to the Gold Coast when the pies sent Josh Fraser - surely that was an opportunity to get something for him?
How do we know they were interested?

Bardon Saint
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:What is his prime ability?
Filling space. Kosi really holds his position really well. You know he won't get sucked up the ground chasing his opponent. Most balls kicked in his direction will find their way to ground, creating opportunities for the smalls. He won't create needless clutter at ground level trying to get the ball. Defenders will need to go all the way around him to clear the zone.
This guy would fill space well also. If kicked in his direction, the ball is likely to hit the deck, this should create opportunities for small forwards.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saint6709 wrote:Speaking of "has to go" not sure why we didn't send Kosi to the Gold Coast when the pies sent Josh Fraser - surely that was an opportunity to get something for him?
How do we know they were interested?

we dont but collingwood must be laughing. josh fraser is miles off the pace. a liability for the suns. so once again the pies played it very smart . lost fraser and ended up with jolly. thats nice list mgt work. if the suns took fraser they certainly would have taken kos. kos much better player than fraser.