going.. going.. gone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

seano1
Club Player

going.. going.. gone

were gone ......when do we play the suns

Winmarvellous
Club Player

yes unfortunately, I can't see us having a major impact on September this year. 2 points after 4 rounds means an uphill battle to make the 8, let alone mount an assault on the flag. Sorry, just being a realist, not a pessimist. I hope they can turn it around and prove me wrong, but I'll support them anyway.

merlin
Club Player

going on our current form i'm guessing the suns will be looking forward to playing us

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

not sure if we'll be close to making the 8 this year at this stage.

oh well, looks like i'll be able to retain my social club membership next season :)

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SaintWodonga
Club Player

We won't go any further with Dempster, Clarke, Ray giving us nothing. Gram getting 30 crap disposals.

It's time to put games into the kids. Who played well for Sandy?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I'm an optimist, but I think, on balance, the time has come to be realistic and smart about where we are at.

We are tired, unfocused, disshevelled. And understandably so. It's a draining elite level competition that is as unsympathetic as it is physically brutal. Jesus we couldn't have come closer. It's arguable we DESERVED two flags. The burden attached to losing the winnable TWICE must be huge.

We are not fit and we have blokes in who are simply no good.

Fact is now is about as a bad a year possible to bottom out so dropping down the list for draft picks is unwise.

But while Hayes, Goddard, Roo, Montagna, Dal Santo, Gilbert and Fisher still have something to give, we need to get the kids up to speed at the xpense of the sludge that's slowing their development.

Dempster, Baker, Blake and their ilk are simply either not or no longer in the hunt.

So do not play them.

Retire the one's who should be retired. Make tough calls on the middle-tier who aren't slicing the pie. That list includes some decent names. But good clubs make tough calls well.

Play Smith, Steven, Simpkin, Armitage, Stanley, Winmar and whoever the f*** else we've drafted relatively high in recent times in the hope they find some rhythm and confidence.

Pies, Bummers, Freo, Hawthorn, Geelong are locks for top five.

Being anywhere outside top four is a waste of time.

Reboot, refocus, recharge, replenish, reignite.

There'll be those who say 'remember '97, we were 0-5 and came home' but that era is long gone. This year ain't the one IMO. The game is quicker and we're out of legs, inspiration and motivation. But there is still time if the club is honest and smart at the same time.

IMO, of course.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'